The Real Question

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sling » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:11 am

What if it is the same spot, just at a different angle?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:15 am

the forest where rhue and traz pass trough to get to lyrra's camp in episode 1 has the exact same backgroundtype... how much can you trust that?

Yet it would be logical for cetsa and kloe to find the pendant on either bank of the river in which serena fell, because her pendant washed up on one of them where it was found by the two girls, so maybe indeed not the opposite side or a different angle, but just further down river as the other guy posted.
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:39 pm

Yup, that sounds right.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Noodles » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:49 pm

but the ending in episode 6 depicts the background to be at a different place much more like the story rhue tells traz about serena...
so basically they were standing on the opposite of the end of the way if they are on the other bank of the spot where gaius and rhue are at the beginning of episode 6...

As was implied with this quote, when you see Serena getting pushed into the river, that was a false memory that Rhue created in which he saw the end of the way as the place he lost Serena... The actual place that Serena dies and lost the pendant looks different from where Kloe and Cetsa have their scuffle.

So its probably just a coincidence that similar looking background sets was used for that flash back.

Also where the pendant is cast into the river is at the Landorin stretch (Landorin Masacre), so I would have thought it doubtful that the pendant was even found near Serena death site
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:19 am

you know what bothers me the most... I dunno about reality ever being an issue in rpgs, but still... DO PENDANTS FLOAT?
even in LOTR the ring of power ... SANK TO DA BOTTOM OF DA RIVER...
If the pendant were solid gold, it might take a fucking awsome current to like make a pendant drift along... I'm just saying stupid things I know but meh.
Still I doubt Lun just using the same backgrounds per accident...
Having toyed around with the program I can safely say that there's about 10 to 15 different background types he could've used....
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:33 am

Still I doubt Lun just using the same backgrounds per accident...
Having toyed around with the program I can safely say that there's about 10 to 15 different background types he could've used....

It wasn't the same background, it was a similar style of background... I find it more fesible to believe that some places along the way just happen to look alike (as said before, like the place where we first meet Lyrra also looking similar) rather then the alternative...

ie the pendant, Kloe and Cetsa (as children) had all found themselves close to the end of the way.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Stedar » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:45 am

Jasonflare wrote:Answer: WE DON'T KNOW.
Basically, all we're doing is making up theories that have the slightest chance of being true. Example: The Girl=Serena theory is false.

Serena is the the girl!!!
IT's too obvious that she is, with all that irony,
and the fact she's in dream estrana (there's other facts)
SHE IS SERENA!!!
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 pm

Stedar wrote:
Jasonflare wrote:Answer: WE DON'T KNOW.
Basically, all we're doing is making up theories that have the slightest chance of being true. Example: The Girl=Serena theory is false.

Serena is the the girl!!!
IT's too obvious that she is, with all that irony,
and the fact she's in dream estrana (there's other facts)
SHE IS SERENA!!!

No. There is not enough evidence to support this.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby brigas » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Nor is evidence to prove it wrong.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:06 pm

brigas wrote:Nor is evidence to prove it wrong.

Exept that theres no reason to belive auras age in the sword, and theres no explanation as to how Serena's aura got into the sword in the first place.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Alundra » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:56 am

[quote="Sage Of The Wise"][quote="brigas"]Nor is evidence to prove it wrong.[/quote]
Exept that theres no reason to belive auras age in the sword, and theres no explanation as to how Serena's aura got into the sword in the first place.[/quote]
Even I wrote a reply to that once...
There's a small chance she got absorbed by jeruh and when jeruh died, she travelled (along with any other casualty from jeruh) into rhue as he killed jeruh.
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:21 am

There isn't enough evidence to prove or disprove the theory, therefore, people who wouldn't like it to be Serena can always believe that it isn't Serena, while people who would like it to be Serena can believe it is Serena.

I think it would be pointless to add a nameless blonde girl...

And usually every hint, every legend, everything that is found in bookshelves is always 100% true.

Unless Lun thought: HEhehehe, let me just add a blonde girl and leave her nameless so that they all will think it is Serena, but she in fact ISN'T! HEEhheehe.

So, that's how it is..
brigas
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:51 pm

My theory is that Serena is Slade's sister, the fact the Slade double-takes when Rhue mentions her name and later on he's like "Rhue mentioned her name... It can't be just coincidence" or something like that, almost proves this.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:06 am

sling remember when you went AARRGGGG on ppl not accepting your theories a while ago?

now YOU make me go AARRGGGG for being such a... there's not even a word for it! WE ALL ALREADY ACCEPTED THAT SERENA IS SLADE'S SISTER. Give it a rest will ya? It's not like you just came up with an unknown theory!
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:17 am

Alundra wrote:sling remember when you went AARRGGGG on ppl not accepting your theories a while ago?
Stop spreading your filthy lies.

Alundra wrote:now YOU make me go AARRGGGG for being such a... there's not even a word for it! WE ALL ALREADY ACCEPTED THAT SERENA IS SLADE'S SISTER. Give it a rest will ya? It's not like you just came up with an unknown theory!
You're forgetting all the noobs and stupid people who have never heard of this theory before.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion