The LExus ending isn't escapism you idiots.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:16 pm

I don't think it's escapism simply because Rhue/Jeruh/whatever faces his nature, no matter what the ending. The difference lies in how he deals with it: in the Lexus ending he stays and accepts his nature and in the Normal ending he challenges his nature and wins. Neither way is any kind of escapism.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:29 am

Rhue gets the question: 'Face up to all your problems?' and instead chooses to have sex with a dream girl 'till the end of his days. That's escapism for me.

IRT Imoto, It was made by the soup. Jeruh never met Lexus, and it was Lexus and her love for Rhue that got him to stay.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:42 am

Sure he did. Jeruh has been part of Mimic from the time he was killed by Mimic/Midian. Jeruh could have easily made that choice.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:48 am

Jeruh was an abosrbed Aura who sat in the cell atop the Phantom's Edge. Mimic just assumed his identity. Jeruh didn't recognize Lyrra as Jed's daughter and Strata's girlfriend, but later on recognized her as his sister.

Rhue\Mimic isn't Jeruh. Jeruh is just the identity Rhue\Mimic assumed at that time. If he were to murder Traziun he might of called himself 'Traziun' and gone off to chase Kalmar, thinking he was the one who killed everyone in the Landorin Massacare. Still, Traziun's Aura inside the sword would have no insight on that. All it sees is Dream Estrana.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Xusa » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:38 am

It would have been interesting if "Rhue" became Traziun's mother for awhile ... disturbing, even. :lol:
Xusa
Plyn

Postby Asra » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:02 pm

Rhue =/= Mimic.

They share the same body, but Jeruh's fake Aura took over the body, leaving the actual mimic stuck in the background. The sword itself needs a purpose to keep absorbing auras, since Rhue was looking for his purpose, that was good enough for it.

I don't see a problem for Rhue staying in Dream Estrana. Midian himself was at one point in the tower where Jeruh was, and I personally think Kavax was as well. So those Auras in there actually take over the body.

Rhue isn't just Jeruh's Aura, hes Jeruh's faux aura. An aura that lied to itself. Staying with the woman/aura he loves is probably the easiest thing for him.

Besides, now the ACTUAL owner of the body is in charge.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:24 pm

No, Rhue's body=Mimic. If Rhue was to kill someone else and his Aura would become dominant, he'd take over. Mimic is just a title Rhue got because he mimiced other people. He still mimiced Jeruh, 'till they very end calling himself Rhue of Landorin. Later on he refused his name, accepting what he is. Rhue is very much Mimic, as he mimics other people.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:29 pm

Theres still the possibility that there isnt just one mimic, what people believed to be this one person who took on different lives over hundreds of years could actually be different people who found shadow swords at different points in time and had the same thing happen to them.

Both theories seem equally possible, and while the shadow sword does grant immortality which can prove that its just one person, people with shadow swords do have a knack for dieing.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:58 pm

Usually to other shadow swords...
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:08 pm

Yeah, Lun must have been watching Highlander when he thought that part up.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Noodles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Hmm.. never thought of it but the Lexus ending is performed in a very escapist type manner...

Is that a bad thing? Why is escapism being refered to as negative by everyone else?
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:16 pm

Is that a bad thing?

Well, that is pretty much what the debate is about.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Noodles » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:32 am

Well, that is pretty much what the debate is about.

Is escapism itself the wrong choice to make? In this debate, with the exception of one comment that I recall, it seems like most people have silently agreed that it is the wrong choice without discussing.. Just viewing it as escapism is suppose to make it negative.

So in terms of escapism staying with Lexus is "Finding a backdoor out from your problems to live in a perfect dream world with a woman you felt greatly for but will never have the chance to be with again"

Even in escapism terms that still sounds like the right choice, at least for Rhue at that time.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:41 am

oh for the last fucking time. It wasn't Rhue, it was Jeruh. If Rhue had stayed in his sword with lexus the on e on the outside would be a vegetable.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:01 am

So I shoud have put in quotation marks, I meant the main character's choice.. I don't want to keep having to swap back and forth between 4 names for one person unless I'm more positive which one was which..

Although they split after making the choice to stay with Lexus, the actual decision must have been made a combination of personalities so "Rhue" did make the choice.
Noodles
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion