The LExus ending isn't escapism you idiots.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:03 am

Dinogrrl wrote:Superiority complex much? :}~

Ditto
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:10 pm

I think this is an issue of perspective, though Imoto, you're not exactly being polite about arguing your opinion. I think it was Lun's intention that we form our own opinion of Rhue's choices at the end of E6, essentially writing our own story in our head. He gave us the choice so that we can decide Rhue's motives, and since we all experience the Way differently, coming from different backgrounds, we all chose one of the endings as our favorite for different reasons. Legend seems to like the Kloe ending since everyone faces up to their problems. Imoto, you like the Lexus ending because - if I got you right - Jeruh acknowledges where he belongs and returns there. And I can't think why anyone would like the Pits ending, but I'm sure there are those people out there. (And if there listening, I'm curious why.)

Anyway. Imoto, be nice. I think anyone reading this topic could easily be swayed to Legend's opinion just because of your aggressiveness.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:26 pm

Yeah, that's why I liked the Normal Ending. No one runs away-People face up to problems. That leaves more room for the plot to continue. How would the plot continue with the Lexus ending, will we go through Rhue's exciting life as an actor in The City? Now, as for why would anyone like the Pits ending... Depressive as it might be, it sure has more ambience than the rest. It gives a real chilly feeling, and that's powerful. Some people think the ambience alone makes the ending.

And again, when did Rhue absorb Superman's Aura in the Lexus ending?

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:57 pm

He's allegdedly the son of the lord below, some power has to ahve come from that no?
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:03 pm

Heh. What's intresting is that we don't know who the Lord Below is. For all we know the Lord Below can be a talking Turnip...

OR A GIANT SQUID!

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Lumino » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:13 pm

What an aggresive debate. Er, one side of it is aggresive. Yeah I always thought the Lexus ending was Escapism too, but you've already listed every reason I can think of, maybe I'll get a few more.

EDIT: Oh yes, you might enjoy this.

http://shortpacked.com/d/20060405.html
Lumino
Plyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:16 pm

Dinogrrl wrote:Superiority complex much? :}~

Too true.

As I have once said before in another discussion, I believe Rhue is running away from the possibilities of going on to a better life with the Lexus ending, he just chooses to live in Dream Estrana, I think that is the easy way out for him. So I agree with the escapism theory.

But then again, in that discussion Imoto also said I was wrong. Honestly, aren't people allowed to have their own opinions? Good going Legend, for proving your point. :)
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:24 pm

Shrug. I won't say everyone's right, I'll just say that no one's wrong. The idea is that seeing that none of us is Lun, none of us can determine the plot of The Way just by saying: 'It was like this and this' and not have any evidence to support except for how I precieved the plot. I won't be called wrong by anyone who's no more right than I am.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:01 pm

Yeah, that's why I liked the Normal Ending. No one runs away-People face up to problems. That leaves more room for the plot to continue.

None of the endings leave room for much plot to continue, atleast for Rhue. Its pretty clear that Rhue's story is over, and pretty much everything else that needs to be explained is in the past, so it seems more likely that any more plot development wont be a direct sequal.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Uh.

The part of Rhue that stays in Dream Estrana is not him. It's a tiny piece of him. The one on the ouside is moreso our main character than the one in DE.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:35 pm

Also, my favorite "ending" is the hell ending, but I don't prefer that it's the one that actually happened. It's just my favorite.

Edit: Fuck, double post. I suck cocks.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:06 am

Imoto wrote:Uh.

The part of Rhue that stays in Dream Estrana is not him. It's a tiny piece of him. The one on the ouside is moreso our main character than the one in DE.

Regardless of what part of him stayed, Rhue STILL chose to remain where it's nice and safe. It's the choice, the choice that makes it escapism.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:30 am

You can't say for certain whether it was Rhue or Jeruh making that decision.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:52 pm

Imoto wrote:You can't say for certain whether it was Rhue or Jeruh making that decision.

And it makes absoloutly no differenece. Rhue, Jeruh, Mimic, regardless-The persona that chose to stay with Lexus was the mash of personalities. It doesn't matter who stayed, wether he assumed his true place or not or if that person isn't Rhue-He chose to stay. He chose to escape from his problems. That's escapism, that's what makes it escapism. The Pits ending is the opposite- The Phantom Slasher terminates all of the girls, and Rhue listens to everybody else's problems. He in turn hopes that they can face up to those problems, that they can change, or at very least try to. That Rhue is more active and hoping, more supportive. The Rhue in the Lexus ending chose not to address any problems, but merely retire to the arms of a dream.

And while you're right, Sage, the plot has little room to progress regardless, the Pits and Lexus endings leave NO room for the plot to progress. The Normal Ending can further explain Rhue's story. Like Gaius said-It's Rhue's life now. His own choices, how he deals with problems, how he was effected, perhaps even the backstory of Mimic. Maybe Rhue will become involved with more Shadow Swords, making him a key figure as he is in fact a victim. The fact is this-You still need to save his stats.

How Lun made the plot progress isn't our buisness for the time being. Once we get Episode 7 and complete it we'll know for sure. Until then, we can sit, wait and theorise.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:39 pm

Again, it's not certain whether the choice is made by the personality soup, or by Jeruh seperately.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion