The LExus ending isn't escapism you idiots.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The LExus ending isn't escapism you idiots.

Postby Imoto » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:44 am

God damnit.

JERUH'S AURA ISN'T A REAL PERSON. FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:58 am

....Riiight....
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:01 am

Rhue chooses to stay in a dream world with a girl he knows she doesn't exist instead of facing up to reality, dealing with Gaius in some way, and living his life. And you say that's NOT escapism.

Rhue's not a real person, but it doesn't mean that not facing up to reality isn't escapism.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:09 am

Except Gaius and reality don't really have a fucking thing to do with him. He's technically not even alive. That's why he stays. He acknowledges the nature of his existence and recedes into Dream Estrana.

Jeruh's aura receding into the sword is a plot device in order to allow the original personality of "Rhue" to resurface, since the aura was able to be satisfied without being replaced.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:20 am

Gaius and reality have a lot to do with him, because his existence might an anomaly on the Way, but he still exists! He still effects people. His persona might be distorted, twisted and chatoic, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist. What he acknowledges is that he loves Lexus and wants to stay with her, when he KNOWS she's not real. He still has a place in reality, he's not dead and he is alive. The Normal Ending was evidence-When the Shadow Sword was destroyed, his life was his own, and he could choose to be whatever he wants.

Rhue isn't some non-existent ghost on the Way. He's just a mash of personalities, which makes him somehwhat unstable. He still exists, and still has meaning. Maybe Kloe would die without having anyone else in her life, with Gaius leaving her? Rhue's existence could well save Kloe. He does matter and does exist.

Exist by definition is 1. To be real, 2. to live, 3. To live at a minimal level; subsist, 4. To continue to be; persist, 5.To be present under certain circumstances or in a specified place; occur.

Got that from tfd.com. Rhue fills at least 4 of the 5 definitions, most notablly the fifth. Hence, he exists.

Unless you have a different definition of exist, that is.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:21 pm

However, for all important points, she IS real. He is not imagining her being there, that is actually her, or at least the most important part of her. Since she was killed with Rhue's sword, that is her Aura in there. And the Aura is essentially someone's soul. So, just because she is not materially there, does mean that her personality, the core of her being, isn't there?

Do you believe in life after death? If so, do you think that the people you will meet there will not be real, but just figmants of your imagination?
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:46 pm

Ok, you seem to be confused.

The person who stays in dream estrana is not Rhue.

It's Jeruh. If Lexus isn't real, Jeruh isn't real. Or rather, they're the same amount real. The person we know as Rhue is a person that's gained and shed auras in cycles for a long long time, the major personality and retainer of experiences is the base person, who comes out at the end of the Lexus ending.

Jeruh isn't running away, he's just taking his appropriate place. He knows he's not real, and Lexus isn't real... But the fact that he chooses to stay with her, is him acknowledging that she is at least as real as he is, and he doesn't really care about Gaius and reality. He may also understand that once he chooses to stay in Dream Estrana, he will no longer know he isn't alive.

Edit: Aura does not equal soul. Aura is the impression of a soul.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:45 am

The mimic\person that comes out would still have Jeruh's personality, style of speech, etc, because that's all he really knows. He's just aware that what he remembers isn't true. He can accept a new name and identity, journey for a different purpose, perhaps even accept Kloe's or someone else's love without any feelings of doing something wrong, but the fact is that he's real. He's a mash of personalities, but he exists in the real world. The point is that even with the Shadow Sword destroyed he's still the same person. Except now he might not be driven to kill, might be acting less chaoticly. Jeruh didn't run away, the Mimic didn't escape anywhere by going into DE, but by choosing the perfect life within the sword instead of a life where he has to face up to reality, accept the hardships of life and fully accept the fact that he's not who he thought he is he certainly did. He stayed with Lexus, someone as real as he is inside DE. Outside DE, Lexus doesn't exist anymore. Rhue has power over DE, Rhue can be fugging Superman in DE, once he chooses DE to cease to exist, it does but he doesn't. He still exists, even if his existence shoulden't be.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:04 am

Legend of the Past wrote:The mimic\person that comes out would still have Jeruh's personality, style of speech, etc, because that's all he really knows. He's just aware that what he remembers isn't true. He can accept a new name and identity, journey for a different purpose, perhaps even accept Kloe's or someone else's love without any feelings of doing something wrong, but the fact is that he's real. He's a mash of personalities, but he exists in the real world. The point is that even with the Shadow Sword destroyed he's still the same person. Except now he might not be driven to kill, might be acting less chaoticly. Jeruh didn't run away, the Mimic didn't escape anywhere by going into DE, but by choosing the perfect life within the sword instead of a life where he has to face up to reality, accept the hardships of life and fully accept the fact that he's not who he thought he is he certainly did. He stayed with Lexus, someone as real as he is inside DE. Outside DE, Lexus doesn't exist anymore. Rhue has power over DE, Rhue can be fugging Superman in DE, once he chooses DE to cease to exist, it does but he doesn't. He still exists, even if his existence shoulden't be.

When the shadow sword is destroyed Rhue is cut off in his current form, as the mish mash of personalities, wearing Jeruh on the outside, limiting his base self.

Also, the mimic never went into the sword. Jeruh did. No one is escaping because Jeruh takes his place, and the Mimic (or whoever the original is) regains superiority and flies off to make the world his playground or whatever he wants to do. The person who stays in Dream estrana is Jeruh, with a somewhat more grown personality and perspective. The Person who flies off at the end is the person who's shared experiences with so many auras over the years, and is what we could call "Rhue".
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:30 am

Well, the fact that he has a choice means it's escapism. Be it Mimic or Jeruh, he chose to stay over facing Gaius and the rest of the world.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:25 am

Fine.

I can play that way too.

If Jeruh had chosen the real world he would have been running away from the nature of his own existence.

Why don't you just admit you were wrong like a big fat wrong guy you wrong person.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Dinogrrl » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:02 am

Superiority complex much? :}~

I always felt that the Lexus ending was very much escapism. Then again, I really don't like Lexus to begin with, so the fact that the first ending I got was with her kinda made me cranky and probably biased my thinking quite a bit :}.
Stealthy like a ninja.
Dinogrrl
Wanderer

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:18 am

Imoto wrote:Why don't you just admit you were wrong like a big fat wrong guy you wrong person.

For me to admit I'm wrong, first I'll need to see I'm wrong.

I just don't agree with you. Wake up, Imoto, we're THEORISING! None of us is more right or wrong than the other person. You have no evidence I'm right, and no evidence I'm wrong, and same goes for me. You think it's not escapism, I do. Wether he takes his true place or not, he still chooses to ignore all his problems. He chose to say no to facing up to the truth that his whole life is a big fat lie, and instead stayed where it's warm, safe and quiet frankly, not real. Sounds like Escapism to me.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:06 pm

It's only theorizing if we don't both know I'm right.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:54 am

I'm out of this discussion.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion