The LExus ending isn't escapism you idiots.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:21 am

But Jeruh doesn't care about Lexus, and we don't care about Jeruh. Not a cool ending. It has to be all about Rhue.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:54 am

If you care only about Rhue, as in the personality Rhue which you have been following the last 6 games, then that is what stays in the perfect dream world...

If you care only about Rhue's body and the manner of his existance past the immitated personalities.. Then that becomes super urber powerful.

Neither of these are cool to you?
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Jeruh changes. The influence of the other aura bits and personality pieces that make up "Rhue" change Jeruh, and he is in a lot of ways, Rhue. As it starts out he is naive and selfish, and he ends up going through a lot of stuff. The person who falls in love with Lexus is more Jeruh than Rhue, because Jeruh isn't used to people being nice to him, and he's lonely. In a way, Jeruh and Rhue are both sides of the personality we see. When Rhue gets badass and starts getting shit done, that's more "Not-Jeruh" than Jeruh. Like when he saves scatha and plunges in the pits.

But for most of the beginning of the game when he's naive and growing, he's Jeruh.

In a lot of ways, they are both Rhue. Both change.

The one who stays in Dream Estrana is Jeruh, who's grown as a personality and understands his place. He realizes he's an aura, and he's ok with staying in DE.

The other make up of the personality that has a soul, stays in the real world and and basically loses his Jeruh side... and becomes totally badass. And probably evil.

So, it's both escapism, yet not escapism, since he's split in two and does both, Jeruh does what he wants to do, and he decides he doesn't care about the real world anymore, especially if he isn't real, and Not-Jeruh gets to gain complete dominance over the body, and goes off to do... well whatever it is he does after that.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:02 am

Since when does "Rhue" split in two? It seemed to me that in that ending, he completely dissapears from the 'real' world. For evidence: In the Kloe ending, we see "Rhue" and Kloe looking at a sword stuck in the ground. In the Lexus ending, neither is there and we just see the sword. Kloe isn't there 'cos she didn't get involved in that ending, but "Rhue" isn't there 'cos he whisked himself off to dream Estrana.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:39 am

Since when does "Rhue" split in two? It seemed to me that in that ending, he completely dissapears from the 'real' world.

I must admit that was my immediate belief upon playing that ending, but why would he leave the dream world in order to get to it? The dream world is in the sword so he shouldn't need to fly to get there.. And the whole point was that if he left then Lexus would be gone..

If the sword you see at the end is Night Reaper, then Rhue and Kloe could be standing before it in memorial of Traziun.. Which would explain why Kloe and Rhue wasn't there in the Lexus ending.

The other make up of the personality that has a soul, stays in the real world and and basically loses his Jeruh side... and becomes totally badass. And probably evil.

I may be wrong but it sounds like your saying that what is left outside is all the other auras (Midian and such), which he has absorbed and replicated into Rhue's personality.

The thing you are calling Jeruh would then suddenly lose a big part of his personality while in DE, he should basically suddenly turn into that guy that was stuck up in the tower... Just with some more life experience.

What he was in the very beginning, Mimic or whatever.. Must have had an original personality and perhaps original aura. I think that the burden of too many absorbed auras perhaps displaced this original and created the new personality built up from one dominant (Jeruh for most of the game) and a mix of the others. When this new personality goes into the DE I believe that the Rhue left outside reverted back to its origins (which was only a small part of what made up the Jeruh that stays in the DE).

Unlike all of the previous personlities that control this body (like Midian), the Rhue at the end suddenly understands its existance... That it has no end and can suddenly fly. I would have thought that is suggesting who is controlling the body now
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:14 am

Whatever way you look at it the Lexus ending is crap as it doesn't leave an opening for anothe The Way game.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Noodles » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:40 am

The absence of "Rhue" (Jeruh) as we know him doesn't necessarily mean no further "The Way" games.. The way is bigger then just Rhue's existance.

Also remember that Cetsa's body is missing from the credits in only the Lexus ending, this must mean something.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:42 pm

OH RHUE'S BUILDING A HEREM.

*ahem*

That's basically what I meant, when Rhue loses his exterior dominant auras, which recede into the sword, and becomes himself again, whoever he originally was, but he retains a lot of the bits and pieces from before probably. Or maybe not at all. Either way he still has the experiences.

Jeruh is not the same as the guy in the tower. That's Jeruh as he was when he died, which is vastly different from when he ends up in the sword permanently. Like it or not, the main character we love is relly a large portion Jeruh.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:51 pm

When the shadow sword is destroyed Rhue is cut off in his current form, as the mish mash of personalities, wearing Jeruh on the outside, limiting his base self.

Just to offer my own point-of-view on this. I personally think that when the sword was destroyed it left a sort of 'fading snapshot'. Basically DE represents his muddled aura. So when the sword was destroyed it left a snapshot of that exact moment in DE, only it will fade away each passing moment until the Base Aura is restored. That's just my .02.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby yoreliter » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:15 am

All Rhue is ever trying to do is to find that one special girl to ease his wandering soul. So when he finally finds a girl he loves and he can spend eternity with her, why wouldn't he stay in some fake reality?
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Trihan » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:37 pm

One thing I think I should point out (my own thoughts on the thing at least) is that "Rhue" has never been Jeruh in any way, because when he was absorbed Jeruh wasn't himself either. Jeruh created an alternate personality for himself to deal with the anguish he felt at the Landorin Massacre, and carried it out so well that this new personality took over, in a sense, and this is what "Rhue" absorbed. So Jeruh's original self has never been a part of the collective auras that make up Rhue. HOWEVER, Jeruh's original aura has to have been absorbed anyway, because it would have still been there at the time. I believe this is why Jeruh as he was when he died was "locked" in the Arm of Estrana, because his artificial personality had suppressed the person he used to be.
Trihan
Plyn

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion