The sword in Lide and Rhue

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The sword in Lide and Rhue

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:32 am

Well, we all saw Lide's dark secret. Ballar was hiding a sword of sorts in a hidden cavarn in his house. Rhue (Or more probably, his sword) didn't seem to like that sword, because it had Rhue throw it into the Pits.

Now, why would Rhue's sword dislike other swords? It did just fine with all of Rhue's Lyn friends and all.

Two possiblities: One, and the first that comes to mind, is that it's a Shadow Sword. The only reason I can think of that a Shadow Sword would want another Shadow Sword out of the way is that it afraids that it's sister would absorb Auras it could otherwise get.

The other is that it's actually the Illuminitai (Or however it's spelled). Having been crafted by the Lord Below, they would certainly have a 'disliking' (To say the least) of those swords of justice.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:34 am

Kloe specificly calls the sword "an object of evil". Sounds like a shadow sword to me.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:16 pm

Hmm. Then one must wonder, why would the Phantom Slasher attack the Night Reaper? Competition over Auras? Maybe the Illuminitai side of the Phantom Slasher felt the evil and went crazy? The Phantom Slasher does tell Rhue that they are a 'Perfect instrument for justice' and that 'evil fears them greatly'. The PS could be just trying to mess with Rhue's mind and make him accept the Sword's defence, but then you gotta wonder... What if the PS really and truly meant what he said? What if it's not aware of it's own evil, or just doesn't precieve it as such? Traziun made the sword feel remorse, which makes you think that the sword is capable of pity, perhaps even positive emotions. Gets me thinking on how evil the Illuminitai really was.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Well personally I think that Rhue's sword, once arctura, was somehow twisted, either because of the Phantom Slasher aura, or it created the Phantom Slasher aura after the corruption. Either way, the Phantom Slasher took over the sword, arctura slept and the phantom slasher was born. The content is that the PS is arctura, once illuminati, even if it might serve an evil purpose now it was once forged for justice, or good or whatever the illuminatis purpose was. So arcturas main goal might be too powerfull for the PS aura to cover. This would explain why the sword usually is malign but in lide it was benign.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:45 pm

You're definetly in the right direction, I think- The sword's own malice can't cover the inital purpose for it's creation. The PS that guards Rhue and fights might not even be truly aware he's evil.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:08 pm

Okay legend, get out of Lun's head or you'll spoil the guessing for everyone. Remember most people who we might call evil, don't think of themselves that way. often they believe they are doing the "right thing"
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:22 pm

Oh. I get it. The Phantom Slasher is an absorbed aura that doesn't know it is. Or maybe it does know it is and is suffering from that Dream Estrana sort of partial amnesia.

Also, Fwacho, did you just tell us straight out that Lun is doing more work on The Way universe? Or rather implied. The guessing could only be spoiled if it was eventually gonna be revealed.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:39 am

Yeah, I'm just saying my ideas. Connect the dots isn't too hard a game, anyone can do it if he just has all the events side by side and the common sense to connect them.

Sure, bad guys precieve what they do as right, but then again most bad guys are pretty insane (Sephiroth from FFVII, Seymour from FFX). The Phantom Slasher seemed stable (If anyone, Rhue's the insane one. Not his fault, he has a lot of personalities thrown together, but yeah), and seemed to believe he's supposed to do justice. Maybe the Shockwave the Lord Below sent just distorted the Shadow Sword's view of justice?

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:05 am

Legend of the Past wrote:Yeah, I'm just saying my ideas. Connect the dots isn't too hard a game, anyone can do it if he just has all the events side by side and the common sense to connect them.

Sure, bad guys precieve what they do as right, but then again most bad guys are pretty insane (Sephiroth from FFVII, Seymour from FFX). The Phantom Slasher seemed stable (If anyone, Rhue's the insane one. Not his fault, he has a lot of personalities thrown together, but yeah), and seemed to believe he's supposed to do justice. Maybe the Shockwave the Lord Below sent just distorted the Shadow Sword's view of justice?

Ok you really need to read the old threads.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:30 am

Hmm, and why's that?

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:27 am

Because not a lot of what your asking hasn't been asked before.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:19 am

Oh. Well, certainly I know that. Frankly I would look it up, but between studying and friends, I have little time to burn.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:33 am

I think it might be good that he hasn't read them all, for us who ahve,m we've read every theory, we have to many guesses and possibilities to connect the dots. For him it mght just be A B and C, but for us we've got the entire alphabet and some heiroglyphs.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:15 am

The whole good/evil/justice thing is by far our most talked about subject, the only problem we havent used any of the stuff we thougt of to actually explain anything in The Way.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Telephalsion wrote:I think it might be good that he hasn't read them all, for us who ahve,m we've read every theory, we have to many guesses and possibilities to connect the dots. For him it mght just be A B and C, but for us we've got the entire alphabet and some heiroglyphs.

There's only a handful of words that A, B and C can form. I can't really see how that's good.

Sage of the Wise wrote:The whole good/evil/justice thing is by far our most talked about subject, the only problem we havent used any of the stuff we thougt of to actually explain anything in The Way.

Explain WHAT about the Way? Illuminitai, Lord Below, Rhue, Mimic, what?

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion