The sword in Lide and Rhue

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Imoto » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:49 am

Legend of the Past wrote:Evil does bad things for the sake of doing bad things while being mentally stable. He does bad things for the sake of doing bad things, he hurts people for the sake of hurting people, and kills in order to kill. No other purpose. Not for revenge, he's not forced in any way to do this, by neither the situation nor by a person.

Really, the two of you are being idealistic. Wether good or evil exist or don't, the mere fact that someone actually thought them up and made that division, biased and untrue as it could of been, shows that people DO make that division. You two are just stubborn in your belief they don't that you got defenesive. You think that picking everything apart to what it does and how and why will somehow change your opinion of it. But it won't, just like it won't change what that target does. If you don't like watching TVs, then you think they're bad. Not their fault, you just do, that's your personal opinion, and regardless of how it's built and what it does you'll never think it's good.

Firstly, are you saying that the flu is evil (viruses aren't alive, self-sustaining or not)?

Secondly, I'm not being idealistic, I'm arguing a technicality into the ground. The fact is you said something that wasn't technically correct, or maybe somebody else did, at any rate, it's taking a really long tim to correct the original statement.

And the fact that a person invented the idea of evil, doesn't mean that humans all make those divisions. That's bad logic.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:43 am

It's not a person that made up the idea, it was people. A plural, Imoto. People made the concept, and it stems from us being very very smart animals- Animals think someone who invades their territory and kill them is bad. Humans just expanded upon the idea and made it needlessly larger. Good and evil are matters of opinion, but at one point or another we all thought that some thing were evil, as young or naive as we may of been. Even if we realized the folly of such ideas, it doesn't mean we haven't, and still probably do deep inside, think some things are good and some thing are evil, even if we do exaggerate.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:28 am

Evil is just a word, and all words mean different things to different people. Some people are open to knew ideas and take in other peoples opinions and use that to form a new opinion.

Let's look it up at dictionary.com shall we?

adj.

1. Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
2. Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
3. Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.
4. Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous: an evil reputation.
5. Characterized by anger or spite; malicious: an evil temper.

n.

1. The quality of being morally bad or wrong; wickedness.
2. That which causes harm, misfortune, or destruction: a leader's power to do both good and evil.
3. An evil force, power, or personification.
4. Something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction: the social evils of poverty and injustice.

evil

adj 1: morally bad or wrong; "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds" [syn: wicked] [ant: good] 2: having the nature of vice [syn: depraved, vicious] 3: tending to cause great harm [syn: harmful, injurious] 4: having or exerting a malignant influence; "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force" [syn: malefic, malevolent, malign] n 1: morally objectionable behavior [syn: immorality, wickedness, iniquity] 2: that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune; "the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones"- Shakespeare 3: the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice; "attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world" [syn: evilness] [ant: good]

Nice reading... let's read the wiki entry about it. And to spare myself from copy pasting too much I'll just show you a little entry from the wiki:

There is a school of thought that holds that no person is evil, that only acts may be properly considered evil.

Interesting... don't you agree?

Now let's take a slightly nerdy view. What about the Star Wars explanation of evil? It's pretty obvious that the Dark Side of the force is evil. But what is included in the dark side? Destructive emotions, blind emotion, lack of self restraint, things like that. Again, wiki will explain further.

Still, no matter on how you look at it Evil is just a word, perceived differently by each individual.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Asra » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:45 am

I'm not trying to bring back the dreaded topic, but I don't really see any difference between things I like and things that annoy me. Sociopaths get enjoyment by harming people, whether they think they're innocent or not. Though is doing it for some gain to oneself really evil?

You can't argue a definition like this in any case. Not all humans function the same way, and good and evil don't exist in the minds of every single human. Your example only proves that a majority feels that way.

If someone were shooting at me or torturing me, personally I wouldn't think of them as evil or bad, just really annoying or an abstract obstacle. 8)
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:12 pm

Asra wrote:If someone were shooting at me or torturing me, personally I wouldn't think of them as evil or bad, just really annoying or an abstract obstacle. 8)

:shock: Well, I might be tempted to think of them as evil if I were in that situation. I guess I'm not very tolerant...
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:25 pm

Shame on you
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Imoto » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:54 pm

Again, I must disagree with you, since for all the things I've hated, I've never considered anything evil.

Not when I was young and naive, and not now.

To say that people can divide things into good or evil isn't wrong, but it's hardly a natural occurance, it's just a possibility.

Mainly a possibility for stupid and ignorant people.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:45 am

Imoto wrote:Again, I must disagree with you, since for all the things I've hated, I've never considered anything evil.

Not when I was young and naive, and not now.

To say that people can divide things into good or evil isn't wrong, but it's hardly a natural occurance, it's just a possibility.

Mainly a possibility for stupid and ignorant people.

Things get amplified when they're big as it is. Were you ever truly, really faced by something terrible? Were you ever chased by a crazy dude with a mask made of blood soaked cat skins and a chainsaw?

Have you ever watched the Smurfs?

Then you've been faced by some of the more terrible life threats, and never once called them evil. Bravo.

(Not to say that I have been faced with such things)

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

!!!

Postby Vicious » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:47 am

Does your uncle coming at you with a frozen T-bone steak after hitting you across the face once constitute as evil?

And while we debate these matters let me tell you now UFO's are real.
I once walked into my house and saw a flying saucer fly right by my head at one hundred MPH at least so don't you tell me otherwise.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

-Francios Fenelon-
Vicious
Wanderer

Postby Imoto » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:55 pm

My brother once hit me in the head with a chair.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Imoto wrote:My brother once hit me in the head with a chair.

This appears as funny to me, don't ask me why.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:40 pm

once walked into my house and saw a flying saucer fly right by my head at one hundred MPH

I read "MPH" as Metroid Prime Hunters... I'm playing that game to much.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:52 pm

I just realized Sage has a ned Signature... I miss the Tragedy/Comedy one.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:09 pm

I had that one for years. I saw my new one on my calender on said date, and I decided it was time for a change.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:13 am

Sociopaths get enjoyment by harming people, whether they think they're innocent or not

Correction: Sociopaths do not enjoy harming people, but rather do not see the difference between harming someone and not harming them. They simply harm people on occasion to get what is best for them. Essentially, they do what they have to to get what they want. In that respect, one could consider Rhue a psychopath. However, because we are made to see his point of view, he ceases to be bad or evil when compared to another character who does the same things, but whom we know less about.

Sorry, tangent. Anyways, this is what I think it comes down to. Evil exists as an abstract concept in all humans minds. Whether they apply that abstract concept in the form of classifications of people or events or whatever is up to them. However, until someone new ascends to the level of Buddha or whatever, no one person will ever be able to objectively determine is good and evil.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion