The sword in Lide and Rhue

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Vicious » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
once walked into my house and saw a flying saucer fly right by my head at one hundred MPH

I read "MPH" as Metroid Prime Hunters... I'm playing that game to much.

I heard it was a good game. I dont got a DS :cry:
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

-Francios Fenelon-
Vicious
Wanderer

Postby fwacho » Tue May 16, 2006 2:22 pm

Imoto wrote:Good and bad aren't the same as good and evil. Not even close. I'm the kind of person who refuses given concepts without reasonable explanation, I was born that way. As a child I never had a concept of good and evil, I still don't. A person who actively causes harm to others always has a reason, and if they don't, then they can't be evil because they don't have any intent. A sociopath isn't evil, they're... malfunctioning.

interesting idea. so if evil can be deifned more correctly as malfunctioning (mal="bad" fuction "to do or act", thus "doing bad" or "acting wrongly" with connotation of not purpposfully. it can also be translated as "not acting or performing as intended") lets think.

Evil could be simply choosing a "lesser" good, or chooseing a less beificial action, or simply not acting as designed (which brings up a few theological questions) From some veiws everyone is naturally evil (fails to act in intended ways). watch a two-year old for 24 hours and you will not be able to disagree with this. keep in mind that a two-year-old sees these actions as accomplishing some good, ie. fulfilling curiosity, reclaiming desired item, or just plain entertainment. even if the results are everything from getting electrocuted, making their brother cry, or throwing up from eating too much.

The idea is that when you look out for yourself only one person is benefited, but when you look out for others you will note that plural "s" is involved. thus you have the greater good idea invovled which many accept as "good" or "right." natually as as has been stated before their are people who care less what happens to others as long as their desires are fullfilled (example: Rhue and Strata)

okay just wanted to throw that in their
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue May 16, 2006 2:37 pm

or simply not acting as designed

In a sense, Being Crestfallen.

What is considered good and what is considered evil will always be decided by these that lead the flock we call society.

In The Way, It is mostly Tezel.

And thus what is seen as good and what is seen as evil as decided by a single person's opinion for all who cannot see past his lies.

The Way and our world are not as different as some believe.

There is no good and evil.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sentinel » Tue May 16, 2006 4:38 pm

As a fairly religious person, I really don't believe that good and evil are relative.

*Prepares to get flamed*
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Imoto » Tue May 16, 2006 11:29 pm

Well you're entitled to you opinion.

Even though it's stupid.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed May 17, 2006 5:34 am

Bye-bye.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed May 17, 2006 7:59 am

As a fairly religious person, I really don't believe that good and evil are relative.

Despite Imoto's insensitive way of expressing his opinion, I do agree with the principle of what he was saying. The very fact that you believe that good and evil are not relative and I believe that they are makes them relative in a way.

If reality exists essentially only how our minds percieve it, then reality is unique to each individual. Thus everything is relative depending on each person's interpretation of reality.

Basically, if that's your opinion, and I have a different one, then good and evil are relative to us as people.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm

I'm religious and I believe that good and evil are relative.
Imoto wrote:Well you're entitled to you opinion.

Even though it's stupid.

Saying someone else is wrong just because your opinion is different to their's is bad enough, but must you constantly rape the english language?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Thu May 18, 2006 1:30 pm

Well I beleive that there are qualities that are completely good or completely evil, but anything we do here on earth is likely to be somewhere in between. I don't think humans are capable of utter good or evil - we always have other motives.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Thu May 18, 2006 4:27 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Bye-bye.

Bye Imoto! ::waves:: Good riddance!
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby Sarcasm » Thu May 18, 2006 4:55 pm

Doing this behind his back when he cannot answer is not very mature of you, Either, Mob Pixelle
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Thu May 18, 2006 4:58 pm

That's very true.
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby Sling » Fri May 19, 2006 3:32 pm

Without evil we would not be able to recognise good and vice versa.
Good and Evil mostly depends on perspective and/or each person's views.

I'm glad Imoto is gone. Hey, hold on, that makes 2 people banned in the past year (that I've noticed). Wow, we're on a roll here.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Stedar » Fri May 19, 2006 3:56 pm

Lol
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Toolophile » Fri May 19, 2006 7:13 pm

Some would say good and evil is like cold and hot.

Most people would consider absolute tranquility as "good." Anything that does not promote further tranquility is "bad" or "evil."

Just like anything that does not promote the absolute absence of heat is warm or hot in comparison.

That must be taken into account as well. Good and evil, just like cold and hot, are comparisons.
Toolophile
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion