Just something I thought I might point out...

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Just something I thought I might point out...

Postby Accoch63 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:18 am

In the end, Traziun was the Phantom Slasher, right?

That is, he was unless I seriously misunderstood what Gaius was trying to say.

In any case, I may have found a small plot hole. In Ep.1, when Traziun and Rhue go into the Cave after taking back the swiftfoot and leaving the Unnamed Settlement, the camera pans away from them dissappearing into the cave to the Phantom Slasher standing on a ridge nearby.

How the heck was Traziun in two places at once? Even if he had a split personality, that's two SOULS, not two BODIES.
Someday I may make a good signature.
Accoch63
Wanderer

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:41 am

The Phantom is Rhue, in a way. The Phantom Slasher is Rhue's protector, a figure the sword created in order to get more Auras and protect it's master, so it can get more Auras. The Phantom Slasher and Rhue are seperate entities, as visible by the fact Rhue sees him a few times and in the end, Plunges him.

Traziun wasn't the Phantom Slasher by any means. He DID have a Shadow Sword, however, Night Reaper. So though he might of had a Shadow protector (Not to be confused with Phantom Slasher. Phantom Slasher is the name of Rhue's Shadow Sword, and hence the name of the protecter Shadow Lyn. If so, Traziun's shadow Lyn would be called 'The Night Reaper'), it was certainly not the Phantom Slasher. Some believe it was The Night Reaper you Plunge against in the Pits in Ep.3, though.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Accoch63 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:41 am

Oy. I'm beginning to understand why my friend told me to expect to understand nothing. Alright then, thanks for the info.
Accoch63
Wanderer

Postby Imoto » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:47 am

Actually, the phantom slasher was probably absorbed by the sword, and then the phantom slasher aura became dominant in the sword, the same way when our main character absorbed Jeruh, the Rhue personality became dominant.

At any rate, the phantom slasher didn't come from inside the sword, since Arctura was the original sword aura.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:10 am

But, we can't say that for sure Imoto, all we know is that Rhue's sword was once the Illuminati Arctura, what made it turn into the Phantom Slasher is anyones guess, and why the PS was able to project itself and aid Rhue is also a wild goose chase.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:44 am

Actually, the phantom slasher was probably absorbed by the sword, and then the phantom slasher aura became dominant in the sword, the same way when our main character absorbed Jeruh, the Rhue personality became dominant.

There's zero evidence to back that up. Considering that doesn't even follow what we know is the pattern a shadow sword follows. When it absorbs auras, the auras affect the holder of the sword, not the sword itself. After all, Rhue didn't affect the sword's nature at all, so why would this mystery person affect it when he became dominant?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:32 am

and why the PS was able to project itself and aid Rhue is also a wild goose chase.

Well, the sword depends on Rhue to kill things for it (or whatever higher goal it may have) so helping him makes sence.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Accoch63 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:26 am

So basically, Rhue is a split persona both in personality AND in body? Strange.
Accoch63
Wanderer

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:32 am

Accoch63 wrote:So basically, Rhue is a split persona both in personality AND in body? Strange.

Not quite. Rhue exisitng causes the Phantom Slasher to come out and protect him, and occasiocanlly going on killing sprees when the sword gets hungry and Rhue's sleeping, or just can't kill someone nearby. Rhue and the Phantom Slasher aren't linked by personality. It's just the Shadow Sword's projection. Rhue doesn't have a split personality either. His personality is basically a big mash of personalities. It's a single personality, with bits and pieces of other personalities. Like Jeruh, he searches for Serena. Like Kava (Or Kura... Don't know who he absorbed) he edges more towards the violent solutions. Someone pisses you off? Slash him. I guess him being chaotic is because he has bits of so many people in him.
Last edited by Legend of the Past on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 am

It is certain that the Phantom slasher didn't come from inside the sword.

Whether because the sword was tainted by something or because it absorbed too many violent auras, the Phantom slasher must have been gained by the sword from something else.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:38 am

Imoto wrote:It is certain that the Phantom slasher didn't come from inside the sword.

Whether because the sword was tainted by something or because it absorbed too many violent auras, the Phantom slasher must have been gained by the sword from something else.

OR the Sword just wanted to protect it's master.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:43 am

The sword can do that already. It can make Rhue's body move on it's own if it wants to. (i.e. Lide)

Besides, Illuminati don't go around murdering folks when it's slightly convenient. Otherwise they wouldn't be such ultimate weapons of goodness.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:48 am

Imoto wrote:The sword can do that already. It can make Rhue's body move on it's own if it wants to. (i.e. Lide)

Besides, Illuminati don't go around murdering folks when it's slightly convenient. Otherwise they wouldn't be such ultimate weapons of goodness.

I think what happaned in Lide was just because it was near another Shadow Sword. The only other time it made Rhue do what it wants was when he fought the Night Reaper Shadow in the Pits.

I agree, the Illuminati won't go around slaughtering people. Problem is: It's not an Illuminati anymore. It's a Shadow Sword, and it hungers for Aura. That's why at times the Phantom Slasher kills people, to fulfill that hunger.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:27 am

Actually the PS might've come from the sword itself, y'know. If you take a piece of paper and colour it. It'll lok different but ti'll still be the same paper underneath. And if you taint an iluminati into a shadow sword, it'll look/act/whatever differently but it'll still be the same illuminati deep down.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:00 pm

I think what happaned in Lide was just because it was near another Shadow Sword. The only other time it made Rhue do what it wants was when he fought the Night Reaper Shadow in the Pits.

Dont forget Rhue killing Lyrra. At the very least his sword made him knock Lyrra's away like the other shadow sword. I'm pretty sure that sword made him to kill her too though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion