Just something I thought I might point out...

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Imoto » Mon May 01, 2006 12:42 pm

People talk about Satan, and he doesn't exist.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Mon May 01, 2006 2:13 pm

I see what your saying, unfortunately using that logic there isn't much that is 100% fact in The Way, most theories that have been produced could be blown apart.

So we have to take leaps of faith and take something that has over 90% chance of being true as "evidence".. otherwise you'd never move forwards
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon May 01, 2006 3:40 pm

Imoto wrote:People talk about Satan, and he doesn't exist.

I'd hate to break your spiritsNo I'd love to.
But I'm pretty sure satan is mentioned in the Bible.
Can't remember if Satan is the fallen angel or it that was Lucifer though.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon May 01, 2006 4:29 pm

Don't turn this into a religious debate.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 pm

People talk about Satan, and he doesn't exist.

Difference being this is a video game, but E for effort. In video games, heresay is true about 90% of the time. In fact, try naming three proffessional games where what NPCs say is false.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Tue May 02, 2006 12:40 pm

This is not a professional game. Lun actively tries to avoid RPG conventions and such. It is entirely possible and even likely that Lun has been completely misleading us about dark forces and the lord below and such up till now.

You can't deal with The Way the same way as you deal with other games.

Anyway, it isn't even hinted that the Lord Below, assuming he existed, did anything but destroy auras when he let off that wave. We are conjecturing that this could have corrupted the illuminati and such, since we're fairly certain those were used to fight him. This is a somewhat stable theory.

However, the existence of Venge, the Mimic and all that could all be a fantasy to give Rhue delusions of granduer after he read some fables by Kleunwarde (was that his name?) in order to manipulate him in the exact same way as when the sword made the Jeruh aura think Serena was still alive. We don't know if Venge exists, that he would have even fought the Lord Below, and we can't be sure that the Illuminati wielding heros didn't fight the LB and cause him to retaliate witht he ADW all on their own.

I don't mind if we make conjectures from more solid theories, but the whole Venge thing is a crapshoot, we don't know what happened.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue May 02, 2006 1:25 pm

So what your saying is that since we dont know exactly what happend, we shouldn't make theories about it? :roll:
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue May 02, 2006 1:43 pm

That would mean most of the estrana board is spam then...
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Tue May 02, 2006 3:35 pm

I'm saying it's an endless chain that goes nowhere.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue May 02, 2006 6:02 pm

If you think so, why don't you leave? :P
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Wed May 03, 2006 12:31 am

jesus. fuck man were you born that dumb?
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Wed May 03, 2006 2:09 am

Let me translate for Imoto - I can definitely understand his frustration with making theories regarding the many different aspects of the Way that have not been explained to any degree of satisfaction. I think this frustration might be why Impossible doesn't post here anymore. Trust me, I'm not about to start hating on anyone for a theory they come up with, and it's good to come up with different rationalizations for the game's outcomes and themes. But I do feel unmotivated to argue for or against any theory since it does seem like, despite what fwacho might say, there's little to go on in the game that would prove or disprove much of it. And I think that uncertainty is what is killing a lot of the discussion around here. My two cents - hope they were worth more than that.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed May 03, 2006 2:24 am

Lun's design of the game was intended for us to theorize about it using clues instead of hard facts.

Like all the hints he hides in the scripts

And the secret message in the game over screen
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed May 03, 2006 8:03 am

It was a joke Imoto. Don't get all bitter because you were the butt of it. And I agree with Sarcasm, the game was built like that. There are very few hard facts, however that doesnt mean we should discount all the hints within the story or the code for that matter.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Wed May 03, 2006 11:18 am

You're still completely missing the point. Let me show you an example.

See, from your posts, I could conjecture that you're an idiot. possibly braindamaged. I could then say that this was probably because your mother was drinking a lot of whiskey when she was pregnant, because she grew up in the ghetto, ended up becoming a hooker at 13, and lives her life getting fucked by buisiness men for 20 bucks. She's probably now turned to some sort of narcotic crutch, so I can now conjecture that your mother is a cracksmoking whore.

See? Things get out of hand if you don't keep the theories in check.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion