Just something I thought I might point out...

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Elachim » Wed May 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Yeh, but conjecturing can be fun - just look at the squid thread :P
Anyway, it does help to create solid ideas if, instead of taking off from something that isn't grounded yet, we concentrate on refining the theories. Ultimately, Lun has left it to the gamer to finish shaping the world of the Way. It's gonna be different for all of us.

ed. durn typos
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed May 03, 2006 1:10 pm

Yeah, obviously if you make a theory that depends on another theory being true you increase the chances of it being wrong, but if you never take that risk you can never possibly find out the truth.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed May 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Exactly. Oh Imoto, so desperate to get revenge that you fall into "your mama" jokes without even realizing it. That's one thing to avoid in the future when calling someone an idiot. After all, I could easily make many conjectures based on that post alone, however I won't sink that low. :wink:

Pah, anyways. There are some theories on the board that make very few assumptions and are based almost solely on facts or hints from the game. And some assumptions that are made have good reasons behind them. I mean, look at the Lord Below. If there is nothing in the game to suggest he doesn't exist, why should we believe otherwise; it's just over-complicating things. Like Elachim said, the trick is refining theories.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Wed May 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Revenge? I didn't even know I was talking to the same person. (Was I? I thought there were like two or three people weren't there?)

I just like saying cracksmoking whore.

I'm an intellectual rebel you see. Whenever a person makes an assumption, especially a shakey one, and especially when they aren't aware of it, I'll challenge them. And I will call them an idiot. And I will conjecture that their mother is a prostitute. And if they're female I'll probably apologize and start hitting on them.

Because it's fun.

I have no reason to attempt to appear cool, or maintain any sort of facade. I am not acting, trying to talk a certain way, or trying to sound smart. I am just saying straight up, basing a theory of a shakey one like Venge's identity and some strange specific circumstance that may have happened to him, is STUPID. It's dumb. Really dumb.

And I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs boy.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu May 04, 2006 7:40 am

Firstly, I wasn't the one to make an ridiculous assumption, so were you calling someone else the son of a crack-smoking whore? Wait, what was that unfounded theory someone said?

Theory: Illuminati were created by somehow putting the souls of powerful and virtuous people with high capacities for absorbing auras, into weapons.

Once again, don't call me the son of a crack-smoking whore when your reasoning for calling me one applies more to yourself.

Secondly, I wasn't suggesting you have a facade, or that you're unintelligent, merely desperate to better others. Why else would you hang around a board full of people anxious to make theories just to shoot them down?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu May 04, 2006 1:20 pm

No offense imoto but I personally dislike you. I find you to have bad manners, sure most of the popele here do, but you shine just a tone brighter.

Now start reading through your posts and stop making silly remarks to people, just because someone calls you an idiot is no reason to cuss right back at them. That "eye for an eye" logic is not good.

Please return to friednly critisizing of theories, and you can't shoot a theory down without counter-evidence of equal or greater quality.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu May 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Please return to friednly critisizing of theories, and you can't shoot a theory down without counter-evidence of equal or greater quality.

And no converting values to canadian to get the upperhand.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Imoto » Thu May 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Ok. Hows this.

I'm better than you.

I am also psychic.

Therefore, I am right. You are wrong.

Also, I was pretty much talking to everybody who disagrees with me with the cracksmoking whore comment.

I mean really, you're disagreeing with me? I'm awesome! What's wrong with you?!
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu May 04, 2006 10:30 pm

At least you know when to stop and be the bigger man. Kudos, seriously. Thank God for humour.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Imoto » Thu May 04, 2006 11:16 pm

I hope you don't think I've ever been more than half serious.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri May 05, 2006 7:36 am

Of course, I'd never think that. After all, at the heart of every joke is a grain of truth and a feeling of fear or malice. Or in this case, both, I'm guessing.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri May 05, 2006 8:28 am

Dibs on the malice!
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat May 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Imoto wrote:I am also psychic.

I do hope to God you weren't being serious when you wrote this.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat May 06, 2006 2:28 pm

Sling wrote:
Imoto wrote:I am also psychic.

I do hope to God you weren't being serious when you wrote this.

Sigh, And people ask me why I have lost faith in the human race . . .
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Imoto » Sat May 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Yes, I really am psychic.

No I don't know where your keys are.
Imoto
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion