Rhue kills traziun's mom!?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Way is the single best game for rm2k & 3

Of course!
89%
Hell no!
11%

Total votes : 27

Postby Noodles » Fri May 19, 2006 5:24 pm

the Phantom Slasher seems to be the most lethal and effective killer, which could point to the idea that a Shadow Sword's power increases with the amount of Auras it absorbes. And we know Mimic's been around for a long, long time..

Yes.. Mimic has been for so long and yet the phantom slasher seems to be relatively new in comparison at the beginning of episode 1. Something has evidently triggered it to start manifesting itself more often.. No idea what, but it could be increased power in the sword.

As for Trazuin's mother.. I believe what she first says to Rhue when you catch up to her in the dream world is very telling.

"Is it... 'you' " - She recognises Rhue's (mimic's) face

"Of course you aren't him.. it doesn't matter what your face looks like." - She recognises that Rhue is not the same aura she remembers, ie Rhue knew her long before he became Rhue..

"Just kill me... I'm not afraid anymore. I've been afraid for too long." - dominant aura in Mimic at that time that she was aquinted with him possibly intended to kill her.. All other people in DE do not recollect their last moments, certainly they don't recall Rhue trying to kill them (if he was the cause of their deaths). It is my belief that she had been chased for a significant length of time that went beyond her last few moments (also backed up by her saying that she had been afraid for too long). We have never seen the Phantom Slasher chase down one individual continually with the intent to kill them over a long period of time (he normally gets them in the first go), so I believe that the dominant aura was in complete control while intending to kill her.

"You are strange... Always changing.." - For her to be saying this she must have witnessed another drastic change in Rhue's character. This change could have been natural (the dominant aura changing their view on life for example). But there is that possibility that she might have been around during a change in dominant aura.

I can't see where that last point would go for the moment, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sat May 20, 2006 1:04 am

Well, seeing as The Way is constantly disappearing and new land is discovered, the Phantom Slasher could just take breaks to make sure the after-effects fade. If he'd just go on killing and killing non-stop, two things would happan:

1. People would never leave home at night, making them harder to track and kill.

2. People (Maybe Sensers like Gaius) would eventually track the Phantom Slasher back to Mimic's host Dominant Aura, i.e., Rhue, in our case.

He'd take breaks, and then go on a new spree of kills. Break, killing spree, break, killing spree. It's been an effective tactic-The Phantom Slasher and Mimic have survived long thanks to that.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sat May 20, 2006 8:32 am

2. People (Maybe Sensers like Gaius) would eventually track the Phantom Slasher back to Mimic's host Dominant Aura, i.e., Rhue, in our case.

..That happened anyway, seems strange that after all of them years he'd suddenly become careless.

I think that the occurance of the PS is more likely directly effected by the dominant aura, maybe aura's with more control can counter act the PS a little better.. Though the will to find Serena was extremely strong, Rhue as an personality is not as strong compared to other auras that have been dominant, so maybe thats why the PS came out more during Rhue's reign.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Sentinel » Sat May 20, 2006 9:06 pm

Or it could be that Rhue isn't the Mimic, but simply a Mimic. Perhaps all Shadow Swords have that effect.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sat May 20, 2006 10:38 pm

Noodles wrote:

..That happened anyway, seems strange that after all of them years he'd suddenly become careless.

I'm sure the PS never imagined Rhue actually BEFRIENDING one. By the time The Sword realized what was happaning it pushed Rhue back into DE so he woulden't to mess up more then he did. I bet it didn't guess Rhue could ever get that advanced enough so as to actually get in the Tower, and we all saw how effective it was in brainwashing him. Also, I doubt it guessed Rhue would ever work together with that many Auras.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Sun May 21, 2006 1:07 am

Since when does the PS have anything to do with Rhue's trips to DE? I always assumed it had to do with the abstract soul/aura seperation thing in Ep 4.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun May 21, 2006 5:00 am

Well, why were his trips always so cut off? He always woke up just in time. When Rhue stood in actual risk of being killed by a Senser, he just HAPPANED to get thrown into DE?

When the PS sensed Rhue got himself in enough trouble so as to have his own Aura seperated, it decided to at times send Rhue into DE. Later on, when Rhue stood in direct danger of a Senser, it simply pulled him into DE permenantly.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 am

I only recall him being near a senser in one of his visits. The last one specifically, and I'm pretty sure that Gaius intentionally sent him to DE.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun May 21, 2006 9:50 am

Yes, he was near a Senser only once, and he only stayed permenantly inside that one time.

Also, why would Gaius trap Rhue inside the Shadow Sword? And moreover, how? Gaius can't control the Phantom Slasher, for all his powers.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sun May 21, 2006 10:28 am

It is my belief that neither the phantom slasher nor Gaius ment to PURPOSEFULLY trap Rhue in DE.

Gaius- As Legend of the Past said, he really had no reason to do so.. He wanted Rhue to drop the sword and didn't make clear any intentions in sending him into DE.. So far as we know he didn't even know about it or how to trap him in such a way.

Phantom Slasher- He traps Rhue in the sword because Gaius is getting close... But to what end? Eventually "Rhue" was still going to have to face Gaius.. If the Phantom Slasher intended to take control for that moment, then why didn't it? It's taken control of Rhue's body several times beforehand. Also by putting Rhue into an environment where he can communicate with all the previous aura's it had absorbed... It was almost definitely putting itself at great risk that the truth would be uncovered.

I'm sure the DE occurances had something to do with the aura soul seperation thing that went on, what triggered it that last time.. I don't know, but I don't think it was intentional at the moment
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Sentinel » Sun May 21, 2006 12:20 pm

I always assumed that Gaius wanted Rhue to see the truth and put him into DE knowing that he would eventually find Jeruh and learn what was really going on.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun May 21, 2006 12:51 pm

Noodles wrote:It is my belief that neither the phantom slasher nor Gaius ment to PURPOSEFULLY trap Rhue in DE.

Gaius- As Legend of the Past said, he really had no reason to do so.. He wanted Rhue to drop the sword and didn't make clear any intentions in sending him into DE.. So far as we know he didn't even know about it or how to trap him in such a way.

Phantom Slasher- He traps Rhue in the sword because Gaius is getting close... But to what end? Eventually "Rhue" was still going to have to face Gaius.. If the Phantom Slasher intended to take control for that moment, then why didn't it? It's taken control of Rhue's body several times beforehand. Also by putting Rhue into an environment where he can communicate with all the previous aura's it had absorbed... It was almost definitely putting itself at great risk that the truth would be uncovered.

I'm sure the DE occurances had something to do with the aura soul seperation thing that went on, what triggered it that last time.. I don't know, but I don't think it was intentional at the moment

What's really weird in my eyes is that it seemed as if days have passed, but why should Gaius give Rhue that time?

I think that Rhue's long stay in DE was in fact just a few moments in the real world, during which Traziun and Kloe entered the scene. When Rhue faced the Phantom Slasher, they actually fought on who wakes up. If the Phantom Slasher would of one, it would of jumped Gaius, but naturally fail and probably flee. If Rhue wakes up, we saw what happaned.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby hero_bash » Sun May 21, 2006 1:27 pm

i think the DE is some kind of manifestation due to the fact of the soul-aura thingy and he is somehow exist onb oth worlds like DE and the real world.
Gaius as a mysterious senser may also knew that Rhue have gone to DE..
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sun May 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Yeah, only a couple of seconds must have passed in the real world where as Rhue had experienced days in DE..

When Rhue faced the Phantom Slasher, they actually fought on who wakes up.

I think this is correct... In fact, if the phantom slasher reduces you to 0 health or step 4 injuries you during the plunge, it continues until you win. Everything else plays out the same except for when Rhue is looking at the sword at the end, his expression is different...

This was mention in another topic and previously people came to the conclusion that somehow the sword was having an effect on Rhue, maybe trying to get him to pick it up like Jeruh had done previous as a kid, or Lyrra when she was being chased. On these instances the people involved were driven by a sense of fear to make them pick up the shadow swords... However the changed expression is to that of Rhue's smug/evil smirk, not at all like he is afraid or feeling that compelled to pick it up the sword.

I think that this smirk signifies that the phantom slasher was some how able to relocate to Rhue's body rather then the sword (seems he did beat Rhue under normal plunging circumstances), maybe he is in complete control of Rhue or simply remains dormant within him. When he looks upon Trazuin's sword, he is a touch smug that Trazuin would have destroyed him but he has been able to escape that destruction and fool Gaius into thinking that he was in fact gone.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun May 21, 2006 7:26 pm

When he looks upon Trazuin's sword

Thats a whole other mystery. Theres no reason to assume its Traziun's sword. The sword at the end has the Ghost Horror graphic, while Traziun's sword definatly seems to be up on the cliff where he was at the end of EP5.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion