Ended too soon, too many loose ends to tie?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Ended too soon, too many loose ends to tie?

Postby CroZz » Wed May 10, 2006 12:43 am

Phew, finished the game at last. Anyway, from what I gathered, there is still much more of the story to be told although it is supposed to be ended with Rhue realizing the truth. Firstly, a Guided civil war has just started, second is Scatha and Dirk's journey (along with anyone else) to find Tetzel. Not to say that the series must go on as the main plot is resolved, but perhaps a new beginning since now Rhue is no longer the Rhue we know but the events presented to us is important to be resolved. Also, there is a need to reward players who kept Sorya alive. Another thing is we never really gotten to use the Paraphalyn finisher much either :(. well, maybe its too much to ask but I feel like maybe a 2nd season would do a lot of good for this epic tale :). Just my thoughts a rants, feel free to comment.
Addiction is the beginning of liberation.
CroZz
Wanderer

Postby Sarcasm » Wed May 10, 2006 3:52 am

Lun will return to this world, Sooner or later, But this story is over.

And Lun has given us most of the tools to tie those loose ends together,
If we put enough effort into it.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Wed May 10, 2006 2:35 pm

Kinda off topic, but does anyone out there wanna make a mod of The Way for something like Dungeon Seige or Neverwinter Nights? I'm not sure if there game engine - turn based combat and plunges and all that - would be programmable. Maybe in NWN? A remake of the Episodes as a NWN mod would certainly attract more people to recognize the beauty of the storytelling. (or NWN2)
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Mob Pixelle » Wed May 10, 2006 4:44 pm

Hasn't this already been suggested? I actually thought someone was already doing that. :?
--Mob Pixelle--
Mob Pixelle
Shadow Foot

Postby Sentinel » Wed May 10, 2006 5:00 pm

Elachim wrote:Kinda off topic, but does anyone out there wanna make a mod of The Way for something like Dungeon Seige or Neverwinter Nights? I'm not sure if there game engine - turn based combat and plunges and all that - would be programmable. Maybe in NWN? A remake of the Episodes as a NWN mod would certainly attract more people to recognize the beauty of the storytelling. (or NWN2)

I was thinking about that the other day. I'd do it. But I can't script at all. Still, would the swords end up as Longswords, Bastard Swords, or Greatswords?
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Toolophile » Wed May 10, 2006 8:37 pm

Sentinel wrote:
Elachim wrote:Kinda off topic, but does anyone out there wanna make a mod of The Way for something like Dungeon Seige or Neverwinter Nights? I'm not sure if there game engine - turn based combat and plunges and all that - would be programmable. Maybe in NWN? A remake of the Episodes as a NWN mod would certainly attract more people to recognize the beauty of the storytelling. (or NWN2)

I was thinking about that the other day. I'd do it. But I can't script at all. Still, would the swords end up as Longswords, Bastard Swords, or Greatswords?

Greatswords.
Auras would be armor, flows would be rings/amulet or something similar
Toolophile
Plyn

Postby Sentinel » Wed May 10, 2006 8:52 pm

I was thinking that it could be like...If you've played any custom modules, like The Coming of the Rose, then you'll know what I'm talking about. I mean like give his default armor unique abilities that let him shift it's properties. You know, like open a conversation type thing where they choose which one they want to use.

Same thing with the Sword Auras, only with the actual sword.

Anyway, how would the Notch system be handled, let alone the Plunges themselves.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Requiem » Fri May 12, 2006 8:18 am

I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to script something like a notch system. Set a system of variables that checks if you have certain notch items in your possession, then checks to see if they're "notched". Notching would probably be a unique ability of the notch items and you can only set a limited amount based upon how many nova stones you've absorbed.
Then instead of experience points, another variable is created for CTP that increases based upon the efficiency of the notched items and the enemies you fight.
AR and aura/flow development would work along similar lines, I'm thinking.
Sounds difficult, but I've seen some mods do some pretty impressive things.

But as for Plunging? Not sure how that'd work. Implementing blade arts, finishers, and even the rock-paper-scissors system sounds like a real pain in the ass.
Requiem
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri May 12, 2006 8:23 am

Plunging is close to impossible to make in NWN, But the rest only requires the most skilled modders we already have to remake it extremely faithfully to the game
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby hero_bash » Thu May 18, 2006 7:48 pm

maybe not.. hey, what bout real programming?
Visual Basic can work out or Flash, Java, C++....
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Fri May 19, 2006 8:56 am

Would require too much funding\time\effort. Finding good enough programmers could be hard.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion