Gaius and Rhue

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Gaius and Rhue

Postby hero_bash » Thu May 18, 2006 6:49 pm

I've finished The way 6 just minutes ago.. and it was.. Wow!! Just a question and i may have missed or forgotten the answer. Why does Gaius and Rhue following Jeruh and he even killed him. And in the E1, you know, the ninja in the bridge, the 'Novice Master' who was looking for Jeruh, who is he?
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Silvercrow » Thu May 18, 2006 6:59 pm

The ninja on the bridge is Midian.

Or so we think.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Thu May 18, 2006 7:05 pm

If he is Midian, then there are things we cannot explain.

If he is not Midian, then there are things we cannot explain.

So take your pick.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby hero_bash » Thu May 18, 2006 7:42 pm

how did he become Midian?! can you pls. explain?
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri May 19, 2006 4:30 am

Step one for being respected in this forum: Bother to type out your damn words!
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Fri May 19, 2006 9:15 am

People believe he is Midian because of his uncanny desire to kill Jeruh. No else in the game has shown such desire to kill Jeruh. Assuming it was Midian, then Slade killed him, Rhue's Shadow Sword absorbed his aura, and viola, you have Midian.

However, this debunks another favorite theory, that Rhue had Midian as his dominant Aura when he killed Jeruh. Rhue's style of speech seems to somewhat match Midian's rather playful style, so it's not unlikely.

You gotta take your pick, though, because like Sentinel said, beliveing in one theory debunks the other, and both leave much unexplained.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri May 19, 2006 3:30 pm

My theory is that Rhue killed Midian ages before The Way Episode 1 started. He absorbed Midian's aura. This explains why he was chasing Jeruh as Midian was hunting Jeruh to exact vengeance upon him.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Fri May 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Like I said, that's one theory. I can see why people might think Midian was the Headhunter, but I always doubted for two reasons:

1. Midian isn't a headhunter novice.
2. For Pete's sake, The Way's a big, complicated place. Jeruh could have OTHER people chasing him.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Fri May 19, 2006 4:44 pm

Midian may have wanted revenge, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd put out a bounty for Jeruh's head just to make sure Jeruh got his no matter what.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Stedar » Fri May 19, 2006 6:00 pm

if midian was the man on the bridge and rhue absorbed his aura then,
then why was rhue chasing jeruh in the first place?? He talked like midian then too- it makes no sense... he was midian already before EP 1

And the whole parts about him going around telling people to help him chase down jeruh- that means it would have to happen during EPS 1-6
And clearly, it doesn't...
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri May 19, 2006 6:20 pm

then why was rhue chasing jeruh in the first place??

Same reason Gaius is.

And the whole parts about him going around telling people to help him chase down jeruh- that means it would have to happen during EPS 1-6
And clearly, it doesn't...

If Midian was the man on the bridge then their is no proof that he did get people to help him.

Now, I believe that Midian was killed before this and the headhunter is just a helper, just showing what the logical explanations are to your questions.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Stedar » Fri May 19, 2006 6:35 pm

yeah... what sage said
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sat May 20, 2006 12:59 am

For Midian to put bounty and hire headhunters, he'd need money. To get money, he'd need work. To get work, people shoulden't view him as inasne. People, naturally, view him as a stupid, disturbed little man who makes up stories about the Landorin Massacare.

The Phantom Slasher DOES say that 'evil fears them greatly'. Of course, Rhue seemed more than just pleased to kill an evil man. 'I've been waiting my whole life for this moment'... Sounds like Midian to me. Fits with what he said in Jeruh's cell.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Sat May 20, 2006 9:05 pm

Midian's not stupid. Eventually he'd realize it was smarter to pretend he wasn't from Landorin. I mean, it's not like everyone on The Way knew him.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sat May 20, 2006 10:40 pm

Sentinel wrote:Midian's not stupid. Eventually he'd realize it was smarter to pretend he wasn't from Landorin. I mean, it's not like everyone on The Way knew him.

Working on his quotes in Jeruh's cell, it appears he always said he's from Landorin. Besides, Midian isn't one to hire bounty-hunters-he wanted to kill Jeruh himself. Beyond that, I just figured Jeruh could have other enemies, perhpas Tetzel himself wanted The Shadow Sword he carried.

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion