Some ideas I have about the Lexus ending

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby PsychicK » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:57 am

brigas wrote:Please note that we actually see the mists when the mimic flyes trough them, they are how we see them.

Where is that...?

Synphani wrote:
After all, he did verify that Rhue is Venge

He did? :shock:

Yep.

http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewto ... 29&start=0
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:28 am

Uhh... that doesnt verify it at all. He didn't even mention it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby brigas » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:13 pm

PsychicK wrote:
brigas wrote:Please note that we actually see the mists when the mimic flyes trough them, they are how we see them.

Where is that...?

At the end of the episode, after he tells gaius he has no end.

Sarcasm wrote:
brigas wrote:Well it can only be the mists, if that is in fact the end of the way, being that the way has an end because of the mists.

"Well, I thought of this idea, so it must be true!"

Why not tell me what's wrong in my logic then?
brigas
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:04 pm

Saying that your theory is an absolute fact.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Noodles » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Side stepping the impending arguement about statement wording for the moment at least; What Rhue is flying through at the end does look kinda 'misty', and he did take off into what should have been the end of the way..

No proof, but it does seem to fit.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby PsychicK » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:30 am

More likely just clouds.

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Uhh... that doesnt verify it at all. He didn't even mention it.

Fwacho said the theory is nearly 100% correct, just in other words.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:02 am

Sarcasm wrote:Saying that your theory is an absolute fact.

It's not absolute by any means, that's why it's called theory, otherwise I wouldn't bother see other people's ideas on it.

PsychicK wrote:More likely just clouds.

What do you think is below the clouds then?
Last edited by brigas on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brigas
Plyn

Postby triger » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:45 am

i just finished the game with that ending (my favorite by the way :D ) and well just after rhue jumps in the clouds/mist he passes trough some weird place where at the end he eccounters lexus and you make the choice well the place is surounded by some mist as well (on the sides) but if it was the mist that is placed at the end of the way that would nt make much sence since it is still "in" the sword of rhue so i dunno ... (if it s wrong just tell me it is :) )
triger
Wanderer

Postby brigas » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:36 pm

After that if you choose to stay with Lexus you will see Rhue telling gaius: I have no end. And then he flyes. That's the part I'm talking about.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Noodles » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:38 pm

just after rhue jumps in the clouds/mist he passes trough some weird place where at the end he eccounters lexus and you make the choice

No, Rhue goes to them green lands where he makes a choice between Lexus and the real world before he goes flying through the mist/clouds

What do you think is below the clouds then?

This theory includes the mists being some kind of fabrication so there would be land underneth the clouds.. The end of the way not being the literal end of the way.

However even if that is the mist, which I'm more inclined to believe at the moment.. I still would think there is land beneath this mist AND beyond it
Noodles
Plyn

Postby PsychicK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:06 am

Erm, my mistake, I thought you meant that the mists are where Rhue flies at the last scence (After talking to Gaius). Well, at the green land, I suppose it IS the mists. However, given the fact it's in Dream Estrana, it's difficult to say whether it's true or not.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:46 pm

Erm, my mistake, I thought you meant that the mists are where Rhue flies at the last scence

That is what I meant (ie I think the mists are what Rhue is flying through after speaking to Gaius at the end). The idea of the mists residing solely within the sword would be a tad confusing to say the least so I don't think they bare any significance.

But like I said, I think the mists aren't what wanderers make them out to be.. Instead the mists are just a veil for the truth.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:32 pm

Well, if I think Fwacho said some stuff a while back that alluded to the mists taking on some kind of physical form. So I think they probably do what the wanderers say they do, but may not be actual mists. The term mists could just be a metaphor for what wanderers believe the role of the mists are: to obscure parts of the Way that aren't meant to be travelled.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Red » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:11 pm

It is these types of discussions that make me think that "The Way" would be an awesome television series, preferrably live-action. It would definitely be a hit series, what with its plot riddled with conspiracies and such, much as the hit show "Lost" is.

Anyhow, back on topic: I always thought that the mists were fake, an illusion created by the mind of man so as to keep Wanderers from settling for too long.

I also thought that the existence of Estrana was clear evidence that the mists are indeed fake. After all, how could such a settlement last for so long without being swallowed up. The man who says he saw it could have seen something of what he THOUGHT was the Mists, and convinced himself that it was so.

I don't know.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby PsychicK » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:42 am

The Way is apparently huge, and if the mists move slowly, it would take many years until Estrana was swallowed up by the mists.

@Noodles, well, in that case, I think they are clouds. Man, this is confusing... :?
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion