Some ideas I have about the Lexus ending

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Elachim » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:08 pm

I'm sorry, but I think it's more likely that the mists are real. (Maybe not real mists - they could just look like mist - but really there.) Don't ask me where they're at by the time of E5, but I think Gaius means they used to be at that certain point and thus it was the End of the Way. Now they've moved further ahead or dissipated altogether. Since the guy in the Opera house says he saw them, they must be there, right? :P As reference, I quote The Grand List of Console RPG Gaming Cliches rule #27, also know as Nostradamus' Rule: "All legends are 100% accurate. All rumors are entirely factual. All prophecies will come true, and not just someday but almost immediately."
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:11 pm

Exactly, Do you truly think Lun will go for something that cliché?

Countless characters have told countless lies in this epic story, what makes you think the words this man spews are different?
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Dew-Drop » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:32 pm

For one, the "tone" of the things he tells you is very different from the tone in other places, something that I believe, gives his words more credibility.
Besides, we have to believe that at least some people tell the truth. If we believed that every character in The Way lies all the time, then we have no way of formulating theories. That this man is telling the truth, is just as likely as almost every other theory here.
On a Final note: Even if the man is not telling the truth it is likely that whatever he is saying is a metaphor for something, likely something relevant to the way itself.
Oh sheep swallop! Sheep swallop and bloody buttered onions!" Matrim Cauthon: The Wheel of Time.
Learn to swear, the WoT way!
Dew-Drop
Wanderer

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Dew-drop, you are completely correct.

all the things the man has said were at least partly metaphors,
the mists as we know them do not exist.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby PsychicK » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:44 am

Elachim wrote:I'm sorry, but I think it's more likely that the mists are real. (Maybe not real mists - they could just look like mist - but really there.) Don't ask me where they're at by the time of E5, but I think Gaius means they used to be at that certain point and thus it was the End of the Way. Now they've moved further ahead or dissipated altogether.

That's what Lun wants us to think at first. But as we know, things in The Way aren't so simple. Through episode 5 you also become aware that the mists can be quite fictional, as well. Or simply not what they seem to be.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:02 am

Fwacho made some comments on a topic a while ago that basically stated that the mists were literal. So odds are, they exist, and do what people say they do, but aren't mists.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:40 pm

Hmm.. What if the mists exist, but are not neccessarily what keeps wanders clump togeather? Perhaps it is only a natural or created veil to what actually goes on if you stray too far.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:52 pm

Masked Gamer wrote:Fwacho made some comments on a topic a while ago that basically stated that the mists were literal. So odds are, they exist, and do what people say they do, but aren't mists.

FALSE!

His exact words were "Ho, the mists are very real" the mists could easily be real, but not be what they seem, Heck, the mists could be generated by the guided to keep the wanderers from ever leaving the "circle" the guided are keeping them in.

Do notice that while Fwacho has helped Lun write the story until episode 5, Lun wrote episode 6 alone, and Fwacho does not knows many things about The Way, While he likely knows far more then we do.

And beside, Fwacho's hints are ALWAYS cryptic or misleading in one way or another, but are ALWAYS, at least in part, true.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby PsychicK » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:33 pm

Sarcasm wrote:
Masked Gamer wrote:Fwacho made some comments on a topic a while ago that basically stated that the mists were literal. So odds are, they exist, and do what people say they do, but aren't mists.

FALSE!

His exact words were "Ho, the mists are very real" the mists could easily be real, but not be what they seem, Heck, the mists could be generated by the guided to keep the wanderers from ever leaving the "circle" the guided are keeping them in.

Do notice that while Fwacho has helped Lun write the story until episode 5, Lun wrote episode 6 alone, and Fwacho does not knows many things about The Way, While he likely knows far more then we do.

And beside, Fwacho's hints are ALWAYS cryptic or misleading in one way or another, but are ALWAYS, at least in part, true.

Indeed...

Fwacho wasn't involved in the story at the last episode? Hmm, I didn't know that one. I suppose he knows, however, quite everything about The Way. Maybe not about the last episode, but even there most is connected to the other episodes. After all, he did verify that Rhue is Venge and a couple of other things connected to E6.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:32 pm

Please note that we actually see the mists when the mimic flyes trough them, they are how we see them.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:52 pm

His exact words were "Ho, the mists are very real" the mists could easily be real, but not be what they seem

So odds are, they exist, and do what people say they do, but aren't mists.

Uhh yeah, didn't you basically reword what I just said.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:55 pm

brigas wrote:Please note that we actually see the mists when the mimic flyes trough them, they are how we see them.

If you concider that the mists.

All that you can really get from the fwacho quote is that at one point in time there was somthing that could have been concidered the mists.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby brigas » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:32 pm

Well it can only be the mists, if that is in fact the end of the way, being that the way has an end because of the mists.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:34 pm

brigas wrote:Well it can only be the mists, if that is in fact the end of the way, being that the way has an end because of the mists.

"Well, I thought of this idea, so it must be true!"
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Synphani » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:53 pm

After all, he did verify that Rhue is Venge

He did? :shock:
Synphani
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion