Some ideas I have about the Lexus ending

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:21 am

Angel_OA wrote:Ok, I know this is backtracking slightly, but at the end of the Lexus ending when Rhue lies in front of Gaius. He says, "I have no end." Then flies off into (what are supposedly) the rolling mists and also the 'end of the way'. Could the rolling mists have actually been created by Rhue? I know it sounds crazy, but it is popular belief that the rolling mists were a fabrication of Tetzel's and Sacrifa says that he beleives that the Phantom Slasher (Rhue) is a tool of Tetzel's, so Rhue must have some connection with the mists (and the Way).
Getting to the point, Rhue's last words "I have no end." might be more significant than we know. If the mists are a product of Rhue, his last words would be refering to the fact that he knows the way 'has no end,' and that he can go beyond.
Also, it struck me a little odd that Traziun told Gaius to let Rhue go, as if they all knew that mists didn't mark the end of the Way.
Can anyone understand this?

I would comment, if I could be arsed to backtrack to find what has already been said, so no.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Bryjnar » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:34 am

Sounds like you're implying that Rhue is the Way (he says "I have no end"), assuming it's circular, and I don't think Rhue's that important in the overall scheme of things. The impression we're given is that Rhue is powerful, but not quite of that order of magnitude.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:23 pm

But could Rhue be a metaphor for the Way, or the Way be a metaphor for Rhue's story? Just ideas. I've been reading John Fowles' "The Magus" so I'm kinda seeing meaning in triplicate at the moment. I wonder if Lun has read the book. If not, he should.

Off-topixxors like me shot be shot.

Er, please make that rubber bullets.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:05 pm

I meant my statement metophoricly of course. I just realised I forgot to say.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Bryjnar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:44 am

Could be... but to be completely honest I would find that a bit of a cop-out, especially when there seem to be so many other wonderfully intricate possibilities for Rhue's story.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:03 pm

The Magus is some serious stuff. I'm nearly finished and I still don't know what's going on. Lun should read it. He'd have a laugh at all of us, if he's not already.

I just meant that the mists and the whole of the Way could somehow be an illustration of Rhue's experience in it... or something like that. Bah, nevermind.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion