a good laugh

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

a good laugh

Postby yoreliter » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:27 am

:lol:

if any of you were neglectful and ignorant like me to the definition of the word crestfallen, you should go look it up.

It's almost like this was planned.

I am going to be laughing for months at this Irony.

Months.
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:37 am

Indeed, I have no idea what it means...

<Checks up the dictionary>

Either I didn't find the definition you meant, or I'm just stupid. I don't get it. :?
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:54 am

Dispirited is the modern day meaning, But Crestfallen used to mean "broken" or "miscrafted", the meaning came from the old factories, for example, look at a factory that makes toy soldiers by spilling some kind of a material into the metallic plates that would shape it like a soldier (forgot the word) Once in awhile the material for the soldiers would end and it would need to be replaced, if it ends while the material was spilled into a plate, the resulting toy soldier will be incomplete and miscrafted, often with a twisted shape or parts missing, different from all the others.

Crestfallen.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:06 am

I think it's the modern definition being refered to: Dispirited, depressed or dejected. We're all mismatched layabouts who depress anybody who comes near us. Though I don't see the irony, who'd have thought the Crestfallen would actually be... CRESTFALLEN!?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:58 am

Unless 'dispirited' is some oblique reference to the whole aura sucking thing, I don't get it. And if it is... it's not that funny.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:14 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:I think it's the modern definition being refered to: Dispirited, depressed or dejected. We're all mismatched layabouts who depress anybody who comes near us. Though I don't see the irony, who'd have thought the Crestfallen would actually be... CRESTFALLEN!?

Because we are Crestfallen, broken, unlike everyone else. different.
society outcasts these of us that speak our mind about the truth, and accepts only these that pretend to be "part of the heard".

I think Crestfallen fits perfectly, in both the modern, and old meaning.
(the old one being a metaphor, of course.)

And the definition fits Rhue like a glove, having no soul and all.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:32 pm

That much is painfully obvious. But it's not funny OR ironic (the latter leading to the former in various cases).
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby yoreliter » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:08 pm

It is funny. That he we are all, on -Crestfallen- Studios message boards, and we are all trying so despritaly to solve the riddles of a video game, and we are trying so hard, that we ourselves have become crestfallen, because we are unable to figure out the story behind someone, who is in fact, crestfallen.

And that is Irony.
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:08 pm

True enough.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:20 pm

yoreliter wrote:It is funny. That he we are all, on -Crestfallen- Studios message boards, and we are all trying so despritaly to solve the riddles of a video game, and we are trying so hard, that we ourselves have become crestfallen, because we are unable to figure out the story behind someone, who is in fact, crestfallen.

And that is Irony.

What about the fact that most of the members of this board were "crestfallen" or misfits (I prefer) before they came here? And that most people have infact completed their own theories and are bored of listening to others because there'd be no real clarification unless by Lun in some other media type.

Even so, it still doesn't seem ironic. Crestfallen Studios makes people crestfallen, that's unexpected. And the fact remains... it's not funny...
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby yoreliter » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Irony doesn't have to be funny.

The fact that most German civilians didn't know that their own country was slaughtering millions of Jews, despite the fact that Concentration Camps were only a couple miles from residential areas, is Irony.

And I do find that funny, most people wouldn't though.
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:31 pm

This Topic wrote:a good laugh

This is what I was refering to be funny... not irony. The Titanic, the unsinkable ship, sinking, is irony, I don't find that funny...
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby yoreliter » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:34 pm

Well, i find the titanic sinking hilarious, and i guess my sense of humor is just a little more warped then the average person's, but i find that Crestfallen studios produces a game that makes people crestfallen over a crestfallen character, is hilarious.
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:10 am

Oh, I see now... The older definition is truly meaningful to us. :P
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion