Throwing them into the melting pot.............

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Throwing them into the melting pot.............

Postby yoreliter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:29 pm

What if the Phantom Slasher, when it got hungry for auras, killed those who doubted the Purpose? So, the illuminati side fo the swordcould justify killing. And when people believed in the Purpose, the illuminati side of the sword wouldn't allow the shadow sword side kill people, like at Cesta's execution. And if people misused the Purpose, the illuminati side could justify killing them(i.e. The Guided).

Soooooooo, when Traziun kills himself, it defied both sides of the sword, and was destroyed.

I want to see the Purpose have a purpose, as it seems useless so far.
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:10 pm

I think the Purpose is probably an all encompassing concept that truly refers to each individual's reason to continue wandering.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:11 pm

Hey, cool. I like! Impossible to prove, but I can't see anything wrong with it at the surface. You have my vote.

edit: bad timing. I was referring tp yore's post. Crap I've edited like the last four of my posts...
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Bryjnar » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:18 pm

I think this is basically the theory that best fits the evidence. Bearing mind that the Illuminati are the Sacred Swords of Justice, I'm inclined to think that the PS's "discrimination" is due to some kind of twisted idea of justice than a relation to the Purpose. However, we don't know anything about the Purpose, so it could be connected to the swords; in fact, it's name does imply that it may be a force of Order rather than especially Good, so the distinction then is whether the PS kills those who it thinks it is just to, or those who don't believe in justice. Occam's Razor suggests the first, and I'm inclined to agree.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby Alundra » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:23 pm

say guys... I just remember something. IN episode 2 there's a mentionning from traz that the citadels are used as travelling houses for the PS. And possibly even hold lessers or are directly connected to the Pits.
There's also the intro screen of the 6th episode which is the same beach that Lexus stands on in that very episode...
It seems to be the complete opposite of the Black Shoals aka where Slade is standing (much more of a burnt out rock like where the previous end of the way was...)

What if the place where rhue fights the PS is actually inside the citadels?
Or it might be the upper way, because it looks kinda sky like....
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Re: Throwing them into the melting pot.............

Postby Dew-Drop » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:38 pm

yoreliter wrote:What if the Phantom Slasher, when it got hungry for auras, killed those who doubted the Purpose? So, the illuminati side fo the swordcould justify killing. And when people believed in the Purpose, the illuminati side of the sword wouldn't allow the shadow sword side kill people, like at Cesta's execution. And if people misused the Purpose, the illuminati side could justify killing them(i.e. The Guided).

Soooooooo, when Traziun kills himself, it defied both sides of the sword, and was destroyed.

I always saw this whole deal slightly differently.
The only difference between The Illuminati, and Shadow Swords, is this: The Illuminati "serve" the greater good (In essence this is the good of all the wanderers. It could possibly be considered as the will of the Purpose). While the Shadow Swords serve the good that their wielder sees. In other words the Shadow Swords (and their respective shadow guardians) can only harm those people that their wielder sees (or would see) as evil.
Oh sheep swallop! Sheep swallop and bloody buttered onions!" Matrim Cauthon: The Wheel of Time.
Learn to swear, the WoT way!
Dew-Drop
Wanderer

Postby BustroQuick » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:47 pm

Said by the Girl in EP1 Intro-
Girl: Don't say that Rhue. Trust the
Purpose! I'm sure that you and she
are destined to meet again!

Man: You're just young. When you get older you
will eventually see the folly of such naive
beliefs.

Girl: I don't believe that for even a
second!

She is killed by the PS, but she clearly believes in the Purpose. The man with her doesn't, however, so the PS could have killed only him, but later it mentions that 3 wanderers were slain.
BustroQuick
Plyn

Postby yoreliter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:51 pm

If i could see the whole conversation, i could probably justify her death :D

EDITAGE:

Status - *DISPROVEN* :o :D :) :( :cry:

I have no idea why the PS would kill that girl.

But, -Dew-Drop's- thoery still holds water.

Rhue was annoyed with the girl, so, she pissed him off. We all knows what happens to Rhue when you make him angry. :wink:
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:25 pm

If the purpose is eachs mans will to wander, Traziun defied the purpose when killing himself, he wanted to wander no longer.

Just tossing it out.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby yoreliter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:41 pm

If the purpose is eachs mans will to wander, Traziun defied the purpose when killing himself, he wanted to wander no longer.

Is the purpose each mans' will to wander?
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:27 am

The purpose is a man's will to wander
The purpose is a man's will to power

Not actually a quote, But it does makes sense as we have seen this line of thinking within The Way before.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby yoreliter » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:29 am

Hmmm, i guess that dispells Dew-Drops standing theory leaving us with zilch.
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:06 am

I definitely think the purpose is a man's will to wander, it makes a lot of sense in relation to the world of The Way. Gods are always created by people to give them what they need. Thus a God is always reflective of the environment of its people. So wanderers create a God of wandering. Makes sense to me.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby yoreliter » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:47 pm

So, they Purpose can be more accuratly titled, "A man's Will to Wander and Power"? (I don't understand the power part at all)
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Dew-Drop » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Why does that dispel my theory?
What I said, was that you might call the good that the Illuminati "serve" the Will of the Purpose. Basically it means for the good of wanderers in general. For example: The Illuminati would have no trouble killing Cetsa, as she is (or was) a threat to all wanderers.
At the time, I thought that the term the Will of the Purpose would fit, and considering it as something like that, would be reasonable.
Oh sheep swallop! Sheep swallop and bloody buttered onions!" Matrim Cauthon: The Wheel of Time.
Learn to swear, the WoT way!
Dew-Drop
Wanderer

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion