Scatha and Rhue

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Kcrazy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:17 pm

yoreliter wrote:No, Scatha could not have possibly recognized Rhuw as Jeruh, if you all would think about it, you would see it clearly, but obviously thinking is prohibited or something equally as stupid around these parts.

Okay, step by step on why Scatha cannot possible recognize Rhue as Jeruh.

1.) Okay, our antagonist has Midian's aura, he kill's Jeruh, our antagonist is Rhue's aura with no trace of Jeruh. SCATHA CANT RECOGNIZE OUR ANTAGONIST AS JERUH BECAUSE HE WAS NEVER FUCKING JERUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.) Scatha recognizes Rhue by his face. If you read my first point, then our antagonist never had Jeruh's aura. So, Jeruh aura was never associated with our antagonists face. EVER.

Please, if this is not sufficient evidence, give me your address so I can mail you a knife, so you can do this world a favor. Better yet, let us save some time and go to the kitchen on your own, I am sure that would save me shipping fees.

I'm pretty sure Rhue would be considered our protaganist. But other then that I think you are correct. Since Scatha reconizes his face then she knew a previous Rhue who would also appear about 20. And if Scatha know Jeruh and Midian, she prolly knows them from their younger age so she wouldn't mix them up as a 20 year old.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:18 pm

Well, I guess by "everyone" and "all" you don't mean me, I've said nothing about it being Jeruh. Also, Rhue is a protagonist, not an antagonist. An anti-hero yes, but we're still rooting for him.

Anyways, you make a good point. Assuming Scatha doesn't have a supernatural life span, she probably knew Midian in Rhue's body.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby yoreliter » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Dammit, I meant protagonist, but I was in a bad mood, So I guess the bad side got to me.

EDIT: And by everyone, I meant the people, who depsite my rather blantent proof, still had the nerve to say the Scatha recognized our protagonist as Jeruh.
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:28 pm

Well it's not really an arguable point, I mean, you've shown it would be completely impossible for that to occur.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby yoreliter » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:34 pm

And now you see why I got so pissed. Ignorance is NOT bliss. Honestly is Bliss.
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Scatha recognized the story of Rhue trying to find the girl he loves, Serena, who disappeared. She could connect this either to Midian (Serena's best friend) or Jeruh, but I'd go with Jeruh, because Midian looks completely different. If Scatha hasn't seen Jeruh since he was maybe twelve, it is easy to mistake Rhue for him.

Actually at the risk of pissing you off some more yoreliter, he was actually saying that perhaps Scatha recognised the back story rather then his appearance.

In fact from my recollection of events, Scatha never actually said "Ah yes, I remember that guy by his face" unless theres some edit to do so in the new version of the game O_o. And the only odd reaction Scatha showed to Rhue was when he mentioned the search for Serena.

So isn't it possible that she didn't even think she knew Rhue until he said he was looking for Serena, her sister...? And then if that is what happened, she might either think he was Midian or Jeruh cause they both were around Serena alot as kids.

Midian has purple hair, Jeruh has brown hair... Rhue has brown.

Anyway, thats the point he was trying to make
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:58 pm

Well except that Rhue's search for Serena has no end and the events of his past never happend the way he tells everyone... So I don't know that she would recognize him by the backstory. Occam's Razor solution: Rhue, occupied by Midian was involved with Serena or Scatha.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby hero_bash » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:01 am

Scatha might have benn.. mistaken?
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:33 am

ORRRRRR THE FACT THAT RHUE AND JERUH LOOK ABOUT THE SAME
WITH A SHORT HAIR CUT FOR JERUH :lol:
If jeruh would let his hair grow, and took on a blue shirt and new boots and gloves, he'd be rhue!

BESIDES PPL ONE THING YOU ALL FORGET!
(this is gonna be great!)

YOu all know that rhue hates his reflection because it lies to him!
WHAT IF NOBODY SAW THE RHUE WE SEE, but a totally different version.
AKA rhue's shape depends on what you want to see and what aura
is dominant at the moment... (which is not yet established that the aura's might actually be at a constant change - then a reaction from midian, then one from jeruh ... )
Oh, and rhue DID absorb jeruh, i saw that scene again and i'm quite positive about it... :wink:
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Noodles » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:21 am

Well except that Rhue's search for Serena has no end and the events of his past never happend the way he tells everyone... So I don't know that she would recognize him by the backstory. Occam's Razor solution: Rhue, occupied by Midian was involved with Serena or Scatha.

I knew someone would make this comment so I should have pre-empted it...

The only people who actually saw what really happened at the landorin masacre was Serena, Jeruh, Lyrra and Midian.

Serena died before she could tell anyone obviously; Jeruh immediately left Landorin and made up a new identity for himself; Lyrra never told the truth, instead mentioning the beasts attack the children in her stories; and finally Midian who was knocked into the river, its not certain if he went back to Landorin after the event but it is told that no one believed his story (which happened to be the truth), instead shunning him and spitting on him.

So considering Scatha (as Chasta) was in Landorin, all she would have know was that Serena mysteriously died, her mother told her that in them flash backs from Slade's memory that Rhue invades. She might also remember that Midian and Jeruh dissappeared around the sametime as the Landorin masacre, perhaps thinking they were killed then (which is interesting considering Scatha says that she was suprised that Rhue was still alive and notices the name change).

It is not possible for Serena to have known Midian as Rhue because Serena clearly dies before Midian died...

It is still possible for Scatha to have met Midian while he was Rhue, but there is a number of very minor discrepancies with that idea. Little things like wouldn't Scatha have seen Midian as a kid in Landorin? or how come Scatha says "So he's still alive after all this time.." when Rhue had only just recently replaced Midian's arua with Jeruh's? or wouldn't the idea that Rhue was searching for Serena completely contradict anything Midian might have told Scatha while he was in control of Rhue?

I know these small points are easily argued down, personally I am not 100% sure... But my point is that you can't rule out the idea that Scatha might have heard him mention Serena and thought he was Jeruh from Landorin who dissappeared during the masacre and so might not know that Serena is dead.
Noodles
Plyn

Postby hero_bash » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:59 am

Alundra wrote:ORRRRRR THE FACT THAT RHUE AND JERUH LOOK ABOUT THE SAME
If jeruh would let his hair grow, and took on a blue shirt and new boots and gloves, he'd be rhue!

is dominant at the moment... (which is not yet established that the aura's might actually be at a constant change - then a reaction from midian, then one from jeruh ... )
Oh, and rhue DID absorb jeruh, i saw that scene again and i'm quite positive about it... :wink:

then what was his face at the very beginning?
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby brigas » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:56 am

Alundra wrote:ORRRRRR THE FACT THAT RHUE AND JERUH LOOK ABOUT THE SAME

Rhue doens't like mirrors because he doesn't see what hes supposed to see. He expects to see Jeruh's face, yet he sees the mimic's face.
brigas
Plyn

Postby hero_bash » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:57 am

so he is really the mimic...
or maybe he has a phobia of mirrors... some actually do..
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:39 pm

... ... Hero... (how do I say this...) Are you trying to get on our nerves? Or are you really that confused?
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kcrazy » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:42 pm

.. ... Hero... (how do I say this...) Are you trying to get on our nerves? Or are you really that confused?

Yeah, I wanted to say something earlier but decide to hold my tongue.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion