Hints within the music

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Hints within the music

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:40 am

Updated!
Okay, I am starting to be scared by the level of detail Lun has put into hiding the truth . . .

Within the music folder of Episode 6, there is a song named WayTheGirl
The song itself is rather short and only goes up to 4 minutes and 2-4 seconds but the whole record is no less then 19:54 in length

the music starts at 0:4

The total time of silence is 15:50-52

More then that, I have noticed that exactly at 0:48, 1:55, 2:24, 2:48 and 3:54, if you listen carefully and have your speakers turned up, you will notice an out of the place electric sound, I have not carefully listened to the whole record yet, but from the part where's there is music this is the only thing I have noticed

I have no clue what this could mean but I am sure I am on to something, likely an important hint, and I need the help of all of you to figure this out.

I suspect that the time the electric sounds take place and the length of the song together with with the time the music actually starts and ends is the key. also,

Credits to Ghoti and Burning for finding most of the electric sounds.

Note: I have found the original version of the song, for one, it ends differently, and, it does not have the electric sounds that are present in Lun's version of the song, this further supports the possibility of this thing being a riddle by Lun.
Last edited by Sarcasm on Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:45 am

The idea that popped into my head was the picture with the middle ripped out. It might be kinda the same thing.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:28 pm

I have found the original version of the song, for one, it ends differently, and, it does not have the electric sounds that are present in Lun's version of the song, this further supports the possibility of this thing being a riddle by Lun.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Dew-Drop » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:48 pm

More things: The sound that you hear is the same sound that you can hear in the song, "Tower". This is the song that is played at the Black Shoals.
Also, you can hear the noise on the 24th-25th seconds of WayTheGirl as well.
Oh sheep swallop! Sheep swallop and bloody buttered onions!" Matrim Cauthon: The Wheel of Time.
Learn to swear, the WoT way!
Dew-Drop
Wanderer

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:02 pm

Are they notes? Cause ABCDEFG can form a word... maybe... I dunno
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:13 pm

I'm working on that, I'll get back to you on this at Friday
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:54 pm

Dew-Drop wrote:More things: The sound that you hear is the same sound that you can hear in the song, "Tower". This is the song that is played at the Black Shoals.
Also, you can hear the noise on the 24th-25th seconds of WayTheGirl as well.

just to say what's probably blatantly obvious... tower... shoals... something special supposed to haven take place at the black shoals and why the hell are they 'black'? And tower? as in citadel?

Maybe just maybe this song is the key to solving the other riddle with the words? And I'm starting to think there's so much hidden things in there, it couldn't have been the work of just one person. Beside, why put so much energy in creating stuff that most ppl won't even manage to see due to their lack of rm2k knowledge?
Oh, has anyone ever noticed the empty map for which lun made a brice background (in episode 6) which has the song magical lake or somethiing.
It's not relevant I know but since this is one of the newer topics on posting newly found things, I tought I'd just put it here too!
Anyway good work guys! Keep it up!
(ps can anybody run the song backwards? the spoken dialogue in the way is supposedly scrambled backwards english right? maybe that goes for the song too? )
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:08 pm

Thanks, I am doing my best, I need all the help I can get so be sure to keep trying to crack this as well.

And it took Lun a horribly long time to release episode 6 compared to its length, perhaps most of this time was invested in hiding the Truth?

? the spoken dialogue in the way is supposedly scrambled backwards english right

What are you talking about?
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:20 pm

Sarcasm wrote:Thanks, I am doing my best, I need all the help I can get so be sure to keep trying to crack this as well.

And it took Lun a horribly long time to release episode 6 compared to its length, perhaps most of this time was invested in hiding the Truth?

? the spoken dialogue in the way is supposedly scrambled backwards english right

What are you talking about?

The parts where you hear for example the blana sera talk?
That's spoken dialogue (or so I have been told).
I first tought it came from starcraft for that's what it reminded me off, but
then I read on the board somewhere that it might be english but either scrambled or backwards.
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:41 pm

Check it in a MIDI editor to see if they're specific notes.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:43 pm

I think someone found out that it was backwards words that were then scrambled beyond recognition. This would probably be impossible in this case because the song is a midi, which doesn't support dialogue of any kind.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby randomperson » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:58 am

Uh...Episode 6 was HUGE. I've never seen a game with so many sidequests. Even now I still haven't completed everything in the game.
randomperson
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:56 am

randomperson wrote:And it took Lun a horribly long time to release episode 6 compared to its length, perhaps most of this time was invested in hiding the Truth?

Uh...Episode 6 was HUGE. I've never seen a game with so many sidequests. Even now I still haven't completed everything in the game.

Err, I hate to burst your bubble, but episode 6 is pretty much tiny compared to some other RPGs out there, its overly awesome and all but, it is still very short.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Noodles » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:23 pm

I think this is a red herrin... At least parts of it like the electirc noises:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/so ... aerith.mid

This track is almost identical (even starting only after 4 seconds of silence) On my system when I play the tune from beginning to end I hear nothing, however if I skip back and forth a bit on both tracks at the time frames as you have given, it replaces the same two notes all the way through with a high pitched electrical squeel. This happens on both The Way's track and this one for Aerith at the same times

This may be just inability for my sound card to cope with certain parts of the tune. The note that is always missed off for me is part of a quaver (Quaver's probably the wrong term, but basically I mean when a couple of notes are played really short and quickly)

What I don't understand is that each high pitched squeel is of a different tone, if it was the same error each time it should be of similar tone.

This song Actually comes from FF7, Aeris/Aerith theme tune.. In the game the main character has fragmented and false memories and on occasion when he is asked something that forces him to pull from the false memory, you here a weird high pitched static noise and the screen goes fuzy for a split second before he answers.

Perhaps whoever originally created this midi put it in for that reason, but I see no reason why someone would go to that much trouble so it only plays some of the time you listen to it, unless I'm getting it backwards and either Lun sent that midi in himself to VG music, or someone pirated it off of him and sent it in. However I hear I thought I remembed reading that Lun hasn't played FF7... And a pirated version being sent in is unlikely due to the other noteable differences:

The midi version I found on VG Music is 19:57 long whereas the one that appears as WayTheGirl is only 19:54... In addition WayTheGirl is specifically cut short at 4 minutes and 3 seconds... This doesn't occur in the VG Music version, it continues playing for the full 19 minutes and has even more high pitched squeels along the way... So I don't know if Lun purposely had his version cut in silence for some reason.. And if so, for what reason?
Noodles
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:34 pm

Thank you, this reduces the probability that this is indeed a secret Lun has left us by a great deal,

though it is still possible that the specific times we do have could mean something.

Also, another odd thing, the version I have found on the net is only 12 minutes long.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion