Venge?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Venge?

Postby Jorissie » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:01 pm

I saw the name Venge being mentioned in (I think it was) E4. Later I saw it being mentioned as Venge/Rhue on the forum. Who is Venge?
Jorissie
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:45 pm

All we that is ever said about Venge to my knowledge is the Poem in EP6:

Venge by Kleunwrade
Scar upon the father's brow
Left by son, the disavowed
The shadowed depths below forsaken
Enter now our world, thy haven.
Fading into the night,
The scourge of fear, the blight.
Upon this land beneath the sky.
Echoes of the past decry.

If there was somthingin EP4, I dont remember it. Everything else is just theory.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:08 am

Basically, Venge is the "Son" of the Lord Below and it is very likely that Rhue is that "son". I can't really remember.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:43 am

It makes a lot of sense after I've read this poem again. I haven't read it in a while.

Perhaps the fact that Lun made such a point of saying that these games were RHUE's story only pertains to this poem as well. If that were the case, the inclusion of the first two lines of the game poem would suggest that the preceeding lines were a precursor to the part of Rhue's story we've seen.

I mean, that just reinforces already stated beliefs, but hey, figured I'd mention it.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:18 pm

Just a thought, but maby the fact that the Kura, Mimic, and Venge poems are all in the same rooms meens they're the same person.

Its a stretch, but its possible.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:19 pm

Well if Dream Estrana is constructed in a logic based manor, the way you might think the human mind would look if it existed in physical form, then that's a good interpretation.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:27 am

I agree with Sage of the Wise. I would go into detail right now but I can't be bothered, maybe later.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:54 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Just a thought, but maby the fact that the Kura, Mimic, and Venge poems are all in the same rooms meens they're the same person.

I beleive you fully, but I'm unsure of where this room is. Could someone enlighten me?
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:54 pm

The "Inner Sanctum" area of the Tomb. AKA the room you get Lexus in. Theres also a poem thats a compilation of the episode names there.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Bryjnar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:06 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Just a thought, but maby the fact that the Kura, Mimic, and Venge poems are all in the same rooms meens they're the same person.

Its a stretch, but its possible.

That makes freakishly much sense. The fact that it's a secret-ish/important area and that it has those three poems and also the Way titles does seem to imply a connection. It just really seems like something Lun would do.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:23 am

I'll admit that I WANT Kura, Venge and the Mimic to all be one person, because if not the plot involving them is infinitely fucking ridiculously confusing. I don't want to have to take all three entities into account when working out a theory that is impossible to even confirm and somehow find a place for at least a couple of them. We know absolutely nothing about the Mimic and Venge and we're theorising about them. We know far too little about Kava and Kura, and we have to work out the connection between all of these and Rhue? It's impossible as it is, don't make it worse. Of course, whether or not they ARE really the same person is a bit more difficult.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:01 pm

It seems pretty obvious to me that most of that is true. Certainly, the Mimic being Kura and then Rhue makes perfect sense and is pretty much handed to you on a silver platter after you go through everything in Ep6, I think. And what do you mean we know far too little about Kava and Kura? We know the whole story! Not to mention a bunch of widely accepted rumors about them. I think there's plenty there to make solid-based assumptions.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:42 pm

solid-based assumptions

I think thats an oxymoron
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:10 am

Kura is clear (Kava telling you and all), the mimic is probable (judging by Rhue's personality changes), Venge is possible (Rhue likes the dark... what else we got?).
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:08 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:All we that is ever said about Venge to my knowledge is the Poem in EP6:

Venge by Kleunwrade
Fading into the night,

If there was somthingin EP4, I dont remember it. Everything else is just theory.

What about the Episode title poem?

The land beneath the sky
Echoes of the past decried
A lost love carried on
Words to a lonely song
Everyone must bleed
Truth hides hothing

does it mean anything if we put them together?

Venge by Kleunwrade
Fading into the night,
A lost love carried on
Words to a lonely song
Everyone must bleed
Truth hides hothing

Maybe i'm jsut seeing things, but it seemed to fit together, i mean echoes of the past decry and land beneath the sky was in both.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion