My theory

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

My theory

Postby Kanifer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:01 am

Obviously the subject is inaccurate since "my theory" is actually a conglomeration of many theories, the only difference being that I have sorted through what I believe to be false and added what I believe to be accurate. "Alright, here goes nothing!"

Good job on the big list of everything. I might add something under Gaius, though. Namely, where you said he was attempting to do something to Rhue's sword. I'm not completely sure about this, but I believe that he was trying to take the auras from Rhue's sword for himself, thus making himself stronger AND effectively taking care of the PS, who I think was Tetzel's reply to Kalmar's perfect blade. (or more likely vice-versa) This would also explain why Gaius said, "What a waste..." at the end of the Lexus Ending. Gaius wanted to go after him, but Traziun intervened. (At that point, I truly don't believe either Gaius, nor Traziun could have defeated Rhue. I've never seen them fly. To be able to fly, where other characters can, must mean higher power. Maybe not, just thinking.

Gaius... why was he associated with the Guided in Estrana? Aren't the Guided with Tetzel, whereas Gaius is the perfect blade of Kalmar, who seems to be the head of (or at least have high authority in) the Blood Lyn. Strange. Even stranger is that we never saw Tetzel even at the end of the 6th episode, and Dirk and Scatha simply disappeared. At first I thought the Phantom Slasher killed them, since they were all in the same forest where Sacrifa and a few (rebel) Guided were killed by the Phantom Slasher. Since they were not present in Dream Estrana, I can be rest assured that Dirk and Scatha are still alive somewhere, waiting to be used in the plot(s) of future projects by Lun(maybe). I think that the PS was somehow being controlled by Tetzel (or maybe was Tetzel himself).

Lun's plots are just delicious. This praise also applies to Fwacho and all other who participated in the development of The Way's storyline.

Hmm. Anyone up for discussion on this? This was on a whim, so I'll be adding to this soon, probably by way of edit.
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby Sling » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:02 am

The PS was the physical representation of the sword.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Kanifer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:36 am

If the PS was the physical representation of the Shadow sword, then why wasn't the sword destroyed when Rhue defeated the PS during their plunge. It would have saved Traziun in the Kloe End. And in the Lexus end it seemed to have no effect on the sword that the PS was defeated.
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:08 am

Thing is, if you lose in that plunge, Rhue smirks sinisterly, hinting the PS still remains, if you win, Rhue looks sad.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:17 am

Gaius... why was he associated with the Guided in Estrana?

Gauis was on both sides of the Guided rebellion, from the looks of it he was manipulating the entire thing in an atempt to destroy the Guided.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:29 am

Kanifer wrote:If the PS was the physical representation of the Shadow sword, then why wasn't the sword destroyed when Rhue defeated the PS during their plunge. It would have saved Traziun in the Kloe End. And in the Lexus end it seemed to have no effect on the sword that the PS was defeated.
They were fighting for control of Rhue's Body.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Kanifer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:29 am

Strange... I lost to the phantom slasher.. Rhue even said "burn you"... but I got the normal ending with Kloe.. Rhue didn't even smile once, much less smirk

hmm.
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby randomperson » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:27 am

He smirks when he's looking at the sword with Kloe, if you lose.
randomperson
Plyn

Postby Kanifer » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:43 am

Gaius is one of the most difficult characters to figure out.
In the Kloe ending where Traziun kills himself, he doesn't seem angry that the sword is destroyed, so I guess he wasn't after the auras after all.
Since, according to Fwacho, a big theme of The Way is justice, I suppose that Tetzel and Kalmar both have their own ideas of justice through their tools. (Phantom Slasher and Perfect Blade) The PS is obviously merciless while the perfect blade is <supposed> to portray mercy, since he doesn't kill the innocent.
I say supposed to because Kalmar knows nothing of mercy in my opinion, but he thinks he does, which is made clear in his statement to Traziun during their meeting. "Even though you failed me, I had mercy on you." ... Or something of the like.
We've never seen Gaius kill anyone for that matter.
Though he might be responsible for those murders in the 2nd episode of The Way. (The ones in the woods where Traziun and Rhue find two dead people and indications of a third corpse that seems to be missing, and Rhue finds out that someone tried to bury the corpse, but had to run away quickly... possibly due to Traziun's and Rhue's arrival on the scene. In which case, Gaius had to make a quick getaway and was in such a hurry that he fell into the trap of the weak bridge that collapsed. It's all speculation, though.)

Sage of the Wise, it seems to make sense that Gaius was in the middle of everything trying to manipulate the situation. What's strange to me is that Gaius doesn't seem to care that Kalmar is dead, even though he is his perfect blade.
It brings to mind a theory I read from someone that states that Gaius is, in fact, Tetzel himself.
Yet that seems too improbable, since Dirk and Scatha were looking for Tetzel, and it seems that Dirk knew Tetzel personally, since he claimed to have seen that certain book of... (I can't remember the name, the book that has the names of all the dead wanderers teleedit: Sermont?), and I don't think Tetzel would show this book to anyone he didn't trust.
Since Dirk and Scatha seemed to have gone separate ways from Rhue and Gaius, it seems that they knew Gaius wasn't Tetzel... It could also be possible that Gaius (assuming he was Tetzel himself, told Dirk and Scatha to get lost since he had business with Rhue to take care of. But this also seems improbable.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

Teleedit: I made it a little easier on the eyes...
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 pm

What's strange to me is that Gaius doesn't seem to care that Kalmar is dead

Wait, what?

It brings to mind a theory I read from someone that states that Gaius is, in fact, Tetzel himself.

That has way to many flaws to work.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Elachim » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 pm

Kanifer wrote:We've never seen Gaius kill anyone for that matter.
Though he might be responsible for those murders in the 2nd episode of The Way. (The ones in the woods where Traziun and Rhue find two dead people and indications of a third corpse that seems to be missing, and Rhue finds out that someone tried to bury the corpse, but had to run away quickly... possibly due to Traziun's and Rhue's arrival on the scene. In which case, Gaius had to make a quick getaway and was in such a hurry that he fell into the trap of the weak bridge that collapsed. It's all speculation, though.)

That bit sounds very believable to me. I always figured it was the PS, but then there wold be no real reason for the killings. I thought the three men were bandits - along the lines of the dead 'buddies' that the Marna stretch bandits mention. So Gaius 'senses' their evil deeds and slays them. Okay, a bit of a stretch maybe, but Kanifer's idea seems to fit for me.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:22 pm

Or maybe the bridge that Gaius has fallen down from was rigged by the killers?

That wounds like a more reasonable explanation.
If I was a bandit who had recently commited a triple homocide I'd want to disable any possible pursuit on my person. IE trashing the bridge.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Except why would a bluescarf half bury a body? What shame do they have in killing someone?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kanifer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:33 am

[quote= "Sage Of The Wise"]
What's strange to me is that Gaius doesn't seem to care that Kalmar is dead

1 - Wait, what?

2 - That has way to many flaws to work.[/quote]

1 - Well, Traziun just killed his father, Kalmar, and since Gaius is the new perfect blade, why doesn't he show some kind of emotion or anger or disapproval towards Traziun?

2 - Yes, I know. I'm just trying to go with it until I reach a dead end.
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:07 am

1 - Well, Traziun just killed his father, Kalmar, and since Gaius is the new perfect blade, why doesn't he show some kind of emotion or anger or disapproval towards Traziun?

That's a good point, especially considering Gaius is a sensor or whatever. He must know Kalmar is dead.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion