"The Girl's" identity... revealed??

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:24 pm

Maybe Kava only ever knew Kura as Rhue's body.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:39 pm

Yeah... It's a tool of Tezel, (sp) and to Tezel it would be justice to kill those who abandon the purpose, but it would also be justice to kill Serena for mocking Jeruh after all he had done... maybe... not sure...

The only connection between Tetzel and the PS is Tetzel was spreading stories about it to spread more fear through the people. That doesn't meen he controls it or knows anything about it, hes just taking advantage of it to gain more power. Same reason the guided made up all the stuff about the forrunners and the purpose.

On the subect of Kura being an arua Rhue absorbed, if that were true, you would see Kura in the town;

Just beacuse we didnt see him doesnt meen he isnt there.

Kava should have never been near the shadow sword when he was killed;

Well, seeing how Rhue, who would be Kura at this point kills Kava, Kava would have to be near the shadow sword.

and Kava lso wouldn't think Rhue was Kura, he would think the aura of Kura inside the town was... Unless I'm wrong... Again...

Thats the tricky part, no one knows exactly how the whole dominant aura thing works, like whether everytime theres a change a brand new aura takes its place or if its just the same aura being patched up with new pieces. Stuff like that.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:27 pm

I thought the person you warp to from the house of Pnoe who many or my not be Traziun's mom explained exactly how it works. *reads again* She kinda did... Rhue must work diffrently tho, because the PS says something about him not having his own arua... or something...

PS: Were it not for me you would not even have the capacity to create memories.

Yeah... that must throw a twist into the whole thing...
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:40 pm

Well I think the idea is that Rhue's the Mimic. That's why Rhue is a bit different from other wielders of Shadow Swords in that respect. As for the one dominant aura thing... I don't think that what the Redhead woman describes applies entirely to Rhue, considering there's evidence that he has been around for a long long LONG time, the break down she's talking about must not occur for him.

By the sounds of it Dominant Auras are actually unique to Rhue, possibly as a result of him being some sort of blank slate. My guess is that other wielders of shadow swords have the patching up of auras as you said, Sage.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:59 pm

She also mentions someone who manages to get around the doom of the shadow swords. Maybe THAT is Rhue, the mimic, which is why he's still around. Also, she says that person only succeeded to some degree. That could be his ability to live, but he still gets the multiple personalities.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kanifer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:22 am

No, I believe she was referring to Kalmar. She knew "Rhue" as the Mimic, since he had pursued her before. Though I do agree with you that the Phantom Slasher is a tool of Tetzel. Both Kalmar and Traziun had Shadow Swords and I don't remember any Phantom Slasher-like beings emerging from their swords (or hearing about such). I think Gaius was trying to put an end to Tetzel. Remember that he said at the end of episode 5 and the beginning of episode 6, sorry, but I have been forced to reconsider your existence on the Way. You can't be allowed to continue in your current state." This indicates that Gaius realizes that Rhue is the mimic and not the Phantom Slasher himself, though he can't explain this to Rhue and simply calls him the PS. Furthermore, I don't think that a shadow sword can give birth to a creature that knows anything of justice. Remember that Fwacho gave a hint saying that a theme of the Way is justice, and it was subtly implied that there are a certain pair of characters that display opposite types of justice. (one merciful, the other merciless) I believe that Tetzel controls/created/is the PS and is obviously the merciless form, whereas Kalmar THINKS he is merciful and made a perfect blade in response to Tetzel. (It's to be assumed that Tetzel has been around longer than Kalmar) Besides... it's rather strange that the PS seems to conveniently destroy enemies of Tetzel. (*ahem* Rebel Guided and Sacrifa in the forest *cough*) But, of course, the PS can't touch Gaius because Gaius owns an Illuminati. I also believe that if Gaius hadn't joined Rhue, Scatha, and Dirk close to the end of episode 5, Dirk and Scatha would have been in grave danger, as they were after Tetzel. Some say that Gaius sent Rhue into Dream Estrana, and others say the PS did it. I don't know what to say to that because there are holes in both theories. But... I would have to lean towards Gaius because for the PS there is a great danger that Rhue would find his true identity (or, hehe, a certain lack thereof).
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:30 am

This is kinda of besides the point but... I don't think Scatha OR Dirk would be in danger had Gaius not joined. It seems to be that the PS does not attack people close to the user of the shadow sword. For example, at the start of E1 the PS kills three people in a tent, more than likly because the father said to 'Rhue' that he doesn't beleive in the purpose. Yet, 'Rhue' says w/ Kloe for an extended period of time and leave her alone, even tho see doesn't beeive in the purpose at all.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:06 am

Remember that Fwacho gave a hint saying that a theme of the Way is justice, and it was subtly implied that there are a certain pair of characters that display opposite types of justice.

That would probably be Kava and Kura. Which could almost be some kind of allegory for illuminati and shadow swords.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:52 am

Come to think of it, Gaius is very much like Kava... He can't be the same person, but they are similar. (Very strong, calm, and merciful.)
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:46 pm

Both Kalmar and Traziun had Shadow Swords and I don't remember any Phantom Slasher-like beings emerging from their swords (or hearing about such).

The pits. Episode 3. Traziun takse the shadow sword, next thing you know your in a plunge against a shadow figure that resembles Traziun.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:09 pm

Uhh... No... That guy looks nothing like Traziun. I've checked.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:41 pm

It could be the physical representation of Traziun's Shadow Sword though.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Robert Jordan Parallels?

Postby Tactician Czanos » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:54 pm

My take on Tetzel controlling the PS. . .

I do not believe that Tetzel controlls the Phantom Slasher, I think that he is merely using the PS to his advantage.

In one of Robert Jordan's books, there is a quote that I feel sums up my ideas about Tetzel rather neatly.

Robert Jordan wrote: Do you know how to unite the people behind you, Child Carridin? The quickest way? Loose a lion - a rabid lion - in the streets. And when panic grips the people, once it has turned their bowels to water, calmly tell them you will deal with it. Then you kill it, and order them to hang the carcass up where everyone can see. Before they have time to think, you give another order, and it will be obeyed. And if you continue to give orders, they will continue to obey, for you will be the one who saved them, and who better to lead?
-Pedron Niall, The Dragon Reborn

I think Tetzel knows far more than most people give him credit for, I think he realizes that many people are beginning to abandon the purpose, (whether it exists or not, he seems to want people to believe in it,) he knows that some of his Guided are planning on rebelling, and he realizes that if he does nothing, he will become a powerless figure to be used only to help his enemies. Unless someone kills him, of course.

He sees enough of this decay of the peoples beliefs that he tries to follow the above advice, and then he learns about the Phantom Slasher. There you go, rabid lion roaming the streets. He is confident that one of his weapons can destroy the PS, so he starts spreading tales of the PS to the people.

Here is where this theory loses direction, IMO. From here, I would think that Tetzel would send someone, possibly Gaius, to try and destroy the PS. Seeing as how Rhue was never confronted by a high ranking Guided (AFAIK) other than Gaius, I must assume that Gaius is the one.

This is as far as I have gotten with this theory, other than my idea that Lun's Guided parallel RJ's Children of the Light, so any input would be appreciated. Especially about Gaius, as I do not know the theories surrounding him as well as the others.
Tactician Czanos
Wanderer

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:15 pm

In theory, Gaius is trying to distory the guided. (It's clear he's Kalmar's perfect blade.) I think he wanted to kill Rhue because Rhue helps Tetzel, in some way...
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:23 pm

Err, both of these groups parrel the basis of the medieval catholic church.

Another thing that hints this is the fact Tetzel is named upon John Tetzel, who was a Pope that would sell passes to heaven for ridiculous amounts of money, he was the one Martin Luther has went against.

Tetzel from our world has blamed his enemies in being in league with the devil and such nonsense, the Tetzel from The Way has likely done something very similar: He has studied the lore, and used it to find an intimidating scapegoat, then he used it to secure the Guided's position at the "throne".

It is more then possible that Tetzel has found out about Rhue being the Mimic/Venge, and then has decided to use Rhue to rule The Way, each time Rhue would shift his dominant Aura and the murder sprees would break, Tetzel would spread rumors of this new threat, and once Rhue becomes relatively harmless, he will claim that he has dealt with the problem, repeat until Tetzel dies of old age.

by the way

While Lun's brother enjoyed the WoT series, Lun did not, in fact he has never got past the first book if I am not mistaken.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion