"The Girl's" identity... revealed??

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

"The Girl's" identity... revealed??

Postby Kanifer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:54 am

I was always wondering why this specific character with almost no bearing on the plot received her own face set, yet no name. Some say she is Serena, but Rhue did not kill her, and was not near her at the time of her death. So she can't really be Serena, otherwise Slade, being her brother and all, would have said something to her in Episode Six.

But I had no leads on who she was or what her role in The Way was... till I met the Phantom while playing the 6th episode of The Way for the third time. We're talking about that Mini-Game Phantom where you have to shoot the Phantom seven times. Remember that painting that was torn up? He said he finished the painting and then tore the middle out, because he liked it better that way. (Parallels people? Lun's story has major pieces of the story missing, also on purpose, to make us think) And when asked what he did with that missing piece of the painting, he says he put it in someone's heart. And where do we find that missing piece? That's right, on the wall in "The Girl's" house.

What does this mean? Hmm, no one can really say for sure, but if I had to make an educated guess... then I would hypothesize that The Girl is an imitation of a girl that Lun knows, possibly a girlfriend / ex-girlfriend / someone special to Lun. Also, if you look in the face sets folder of episode 6, you see face sets of The Girl as well as a couple of altered face sets of The Girl done by Mob Pixelle. Mob wrote in those face sets "Original by Lun". Now why would Lun, a programmer, storywriter, etc. actually take the time to make a face set, when Maya or Mob Pixelle were there for the job? Also, it would explain why The Girl is not named. This protects the identity of the girl that Lun has in mind while still serving its purpose. (Dedication, Tribute to, etc. etc.)

In my humble opinion, there is certainly more solid proof to my theory than to the idea that The Girl is Serena. Who knows, maybe she is both, but I stick with my theory for the moment.

-Kanifer
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:33 am

Very good point. However, isn't there some hidden message relating to Lexus and regarding a girl Lun once knew/was involved with? Perhaps they're based on the same person if this theory is true.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:59 am

It was a hot day, but we were inside when we met.
A complex. A dome dedicated to the memory
of brave soldiers.
It was a random selection process. How we ended
up walking together I have no idea.
She told me she liked my shirt.
We got along. I liked her.
She was a happy girl.
But the last time I saw her she
was in tears.
I could have helped her.
But I didn't.
Seeing her cry like that, I couldn't think straight.
The panacea could have been in my hands in a moment.
I'm still upset at myself.
Stupid.

Message in the Lexus event, Val Para Cafe.

So she can't really be Serena, otherwise Slade, being her brother and all, would have said something to her in Episode Six.

Well, Slade wasn't much of a talker in EP6.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:34 am

I never noticed that the missing piece of the painting was in The Girl's room.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Kanifer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:07 pm

Who's to say that only one girl was special to Lun? How else do you think he can so effectively portray personalities of such contrasting female characters, Lexus, Chloe, Cesta, Scatha, etc. etc. :wink:

"We speak of what we know."
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:05 pm

Anyone that can truly claim the title "role player" can answer you that question, look from the outside upon the character, upon the character's past, upon the characters wishes, his or her most likely thoughts, and feelings, then completely leave your own prospective and change it to the character's one, then react.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Re: "The Girl's" identity... revealed??

Postby JLAF » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:43 pm

Kanifer wrote:Some say she is Serena, but Rhue did not kill her, and was not near her at the time of her death.

Well, Rhue/Kura was not there, but Jeruh was, and he had just found a Shadow Sword. He killed Serena, and got her arua. Later, Rhue/Kura kills Jeruh and takes his Shadow Sword, and that's where Way 1 starts. Mabye he actualy gets it at another time, but I think it's the same sword...
Or am I totaly wrong and just made my self look like a fool? I think it's the same sword because it only seems attacks people it deems bad. (Which is also why I think it's an Illuminati and not a Shadow Sword, but I'm not sure...)
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:20 pm

Jeruh said he lost the shadow sword soon after the massacre, so the sword he uses against Rhue is just a regular one, Rhue already had his shadow sword, probably for a very long time.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:47 pm

That's strange because Rhue said he got it right after the massacre.
(Scene where there are two shadow guys, Rhue takes sword)
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:14 pm

Rhue's a mixed up fella. Besides, Jeruh's sword kills children. PS doesn't.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kanifer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:49 am

Don't forget that Gaius delivered the Shadow sword that was on Jeruh to Foreman Ballar in Lide. "Rhue" had his own Shadow sword (belonging to the Mimic) that killed Jeruh. I'm thinking that the auras are in the sword and not in the person. If so, then since Jeruh's sword with which he killed Serena, has been confiscated by Gaius and taken away, it's highly improbably that Serena could be anywhere in the sword. And as to Jeruh saying he lost the sword... he didn't... don't forget that people killed by the Shadow sword don't remember their deaths... as Lyrra couldn't remember that Rhue killed her in episode 5, as Sacrifa couldn't remember being killed by the PS. Sacrifa says after he destroyed Estrana by summoning the demons, he left with some rebels to pursue Tetzel and was at the End of the Way and then "SOMETHING HAPPENED and now I'm here." So, yeah, naturally Jeruh doesn't remember what happened to his shadow sword.
Kanifer
Plyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:21 am

Well, while that may be true, Jeruh probably lost his shadow sword BEFORE dying because Gaius mentions in Lide that the new Rhue/Kura has the same name as Jeruh/Rhue. (Well, actually, he implies it. He just says "Rhue" is the "same name as...") Plus, there is evident that Rhue/Kura is possessed by Mildin's (sp) aura by the time he kills Jeruh. (Yes, I learned that 2 seconds ago...) He would have to have found his Shadow sword by then for that to be true.

I think Jeruh/Rhue and Rhue/Kura would have to have the same sword, because when Jeruh/Rhue talks about the Landorin Massacrer, he doesn't have a desire to kill people until Serena mocks him. While he might just have gotten angry, I think it was because the sword didn't want to kill people until they were bad. Similarly, the PS doesn't kill people unless they abandon the purpose or are criminals. (If that's theory of the PS has been discreteness, please tell me why.)

Edit: Oh yes, there is the problem about Rhue/Kura needing the sword to live this long.
The PS actually tells you the answer. In your final fight with him he tells you two things.

1. “You are an anomaly”
2. “Certainly you once had a name, but what it was, even I do not know.”

If Rhue/Kura is an anomaly, he very well might pop back in to reality after he dies. If the PS doesn't know that Rhue's name is Kura, then there must have been a break were Rhue stopped using his Shadow Sword and died, so when he popped back into reality, the shadow sword didn't know who he was. The only other explanation being that the PS made up the identity of Kura altogether, but that does not explain why the PS thinks Rhue/Kura is an anomaly.
Referring to Gaius' comment that Rhue has been around for a long time, Gaius could mean that the idenity “Rhue” is an old one, (all who use this shadow sword will one day call themselves Rhue or something,) or he could be talking about Kura's popping in and out of reality.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:11 am

And as to Jeruh saying he lost the sword... he didn't... don't forget that people killed by the Shadow sword don't remember their deaths...

Him losing his sword wasnt anywhere close to his death though. It seems you only forget the last few minutes before your death, not the last few years.

If Rhue/Kura is an anomaly, he very well might pop back in to reality after he dies. If the PS doesn't know that Rhue's name is Kura, then there must have been a break were Rhue stopped using his Shadow Sword and died, so when he popped back into reality, the shadow sword didn't know who he was. The only other explanation being that the PS made up the identity of Kura altogether, but that does not explain why the PS thinks Rhue/Kura is an anomaly.

Kura could have just been another aura Rhue absorbed. As to why hes an anomaly, that could be explained with the whole Rhue is Venge theory.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:21 am

Or Rhue is the Mimic, which could be synonymous with Venge or otherwise. And JLAF... I dunno about the whole PS having to kill people who abandon the purpose or whatever, but it has been established that the PS is probably exercising some form of Justice (likely a personal interpretation of justice) when it kills people.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:30 pm

Yeah... It's a tool of Tezel, (sp) and to Tezel it would be justice to kill those who abandon the purpose, but it would also be justice to kill Serena for mocking Jeruh after all he had done... maybe... not sure...

On the subect of Kura being an arua Rhue absorbed, if that were true, you would see Kura in the town; Kava should have never been near the shadow sword when he was killed; and Kavaalso wouldn't think Rhue was Kura, he would think the aura of Kura inside the town was... Unless I'm wrong... Again...
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion