Shadow swords

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Shadow swords

Postby Jorissie » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:30 am

Just a theory that doesn't make much sense:

We know that the light swords are called Illuminati. The weapon aura for Transcendent (or whatever how you spell it): Light is also called Illuminati. The weapon aura for Transcendent : Shadow is called Pandamaare, so would it be likely that the Shadow swords shoulde be called Pandamaare? Let's look at the following table:

Illuminati.......|......Illuminati
---------------------------------
Pandamaare..|........(x).......

From this we can assume that (x) would be Pandamaare, so here you have it:

Illuminati.......|......Illuminati
---------------------------------
Pandamaare..|...Pandamaare

If that is true, would it be able that there are also Hatassasar and Aionsluh swords?
Jorissie
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:57 am

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Re: Shadow swords

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:57 pm

TRANSLATION: (As best as I can do anyway)

Rhue's light element sword arua goes under the name "Illuminati", which is also the name of the weapons of light. Rhue's shadow element sword arua goes under the name "Pandamaare". Because shadow swords are the weapons of shadow, does this mean that shadow swords can also go under the name "Pandamaare"? Please look at this table that will only confuse you:

Key:
Sword Arua is the name of the aura of a given element, when equipped to Rhue's Sword.
Sword Name 1 is the name of the powerful sword of a given element, using only one, rather abstract, word.
Sword Name 2 is the name of the powerful sword of a given element, using the element of the weapon, followed by the word "Sword".

Code: Select all
Element | Sword Arua | Sword Name 1 | Sword Name 2 |
----------------------------------------------------
Light   | Illuminati |  Illuminati  |      (X)     |
Shadow  | Pandamaare |      (Y)     | Shadow Sword |

Assuming that Illuminati can also be called "Light Swords" you have:

Light   | Illuminati |  Illuminati  |  Light Sword |
Shadow  | Pandamaare |      (Y)     | Shadow Sword |

With this information, we can guess that "Y" is Pandamaare.

Light   | Illuminati |  Illuminati  |  Light Sword |
Shadow  | Pandamaare |  Pandamaare  | Shadow Sword |

From this, we can assume that "Shadow Swords" can also be called Pandamaare.

If this is true, does that mean that there are also "Hatassasar" and "Aionsluh" swords? (I'd call them by their element, but I'm away from my computer with "The Way" on it.)

RESPONSE: (If I got the translation right...)
Interesting theory. I have never seens the Shadow Swords called Pandamaare before. I think the fact that you can equip the "Illuminati" element to Rhue's sword is just evidence that the shadow swords were once Illuminati. (Assuming Rhue has a shadow sword himself.)

As for "Hatassasar" and "Aionsluh" swords, I don't think so. The current theory is that the Illuminati are corrupted shadow swords, which points against swords of all elements being created at the start, and I don't know of anything that would turn an Illuminati into a "Hatassasar" or "Aionsluh".
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby MonsterKingRen » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:39 pm

And that's just the transcendent swords. While there is absolutely nothing special about piercer and slasher, the Fire Edge and the Storm Edge are still special things.
The elements in The Way seem pretty important; While Weapon elements are pretty simple and self-explanatory, and Elemental elements (uh huh) are also pretty obvious though slightly special, Oneness and Transcendant almost seem to be philosophical elements or whatever.

And has any of you realised that horrible beings from the pit seem to embody Atoma more than Shadow ?
Well, they do give that feeling.
I'm blindly speculating here, but I'm convinced Atoma and Cosmo are almost as important as Light and Shadow, and I think Oneness has a certain importance too.
MonsterKingRen
Wanderer

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:41 pm

I did see that about Atoma actualy.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:08 pm

Well, assuming that the element a creature is resistant to is his own element, the Barrucha is Atoma as well.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:22 pm

It must be because Atoma is the best element. Closely followed by light.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:25 pm

Heh, I remember an entire detailed disscusion as to why the light sword aura statisticly wasnt worth the extra XL at the cost of decreased attack.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:46 pm

You gues had a whole disscusion on that? Geez... Back in v1 when Atoma had 360 will there was no competition, but I guess someone might be able to make an argument now. Can I have the URL? SOund's kinda funny.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:14 am

Transcendence means independence from this world and its rules, all things transcendent usually reflect part of themselves upon this world.

Cosmos represents the greater good, but at the same time it represents the lack of individuality, the complete reliance and trust in others to think for you, Cosmos embodies all that is mindless to some extent, in other words, nearly everything that exists.

Atoma represents individuality and singular thought, independence, self reliability, and free will. Atoma is within all creatures that are capable of individual thoughts and actions, but at the same time Atoma represents selfishness and apathy.

Light represents order, creation, and logic, shadow is different then darkness, shadow exists only as a twisted reflection of light, because light's nature, everything must be balanced. And thus shadow represents the complete opposite of light, being chaos, entropy, and paradoxes.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby fwacho » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:08 am

Sarcasm wrote:Transcendence means independence from this world and its rules, all things transcendent usually reflect part of themselves upon this world.

Cosmos represents the greater good, but at the same time it represents the lack of individuality, the complete reliance and trust in others to think for you, Cosmos embodies all that is mindless to some extent, in other words, nearly everything that exists.

Atoma represents individuality and singular thought, independence, self reliability, and free will. Atoma is within all creatures that are capable of individual thoughts and actions, but at the same time Atoma represents selfishness and apathy.

Light represents order, creation, and logic, shadow is different then darkness, shadow exists only as a twisted reflection of light, because light's nature, everything must be balanced. And thus shadow represents the complete opposite of light, being chaos, entropy, and paradoxes.

Never thoguht of it that way... but I think it's a pretty good extrapolation.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:22 am

Well, if fwacho never thought of it that way, it;s peobably not true. But, I supposed Lun might not have told him EVERYTHING.
Anyway, I think it's a cool idea myself, and I don't really think it matters much if it's true of Luns ideas to be honest.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:32 am

It is not supposed to mean anything, and it likely has nothing to do with the plot, but it IS what these "auras" represent and mean, if Lun planned it or even knew of it, or not.

In fact, Atoma is the only one that is not used in one real life "religion" or another, but from its name and from its flows it seems to be a copy of the same concept, given the others are.

Secondly, while Fwacho has aided Lun in most of the series, Episode 6 was done mainly by Lun and Fwacho does not knows many of the things that Lun does about the final episode.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:01 pm

JLAF wrote:You gues had a whole disscusion on that? Geez... Back in v1 when Atoma had 360 will there was no competition, but I guess someone might be able to make an argument now. Can I have the URL? SOund's kinda funny.

Its starts about here. It gets really detailed a few pages later here. This was all pre-ep6 as you can tell since we all think there will be an EP8.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:53 pm

In fact, Atoma is the only one that is not used in one real life "religion" or another, but from its name and from its flows it seems to be a copy of the same concept, given the others are.

Unless you consider cults and some interpretations of science as religions. Consider Satanism (not related to Luciferianism, which is the worship of satan). Satanism is possibly the most paradoxicly nihilistic religion in existence.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion