The Way... a planet?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Alundra » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:07 pm

Yea, maybe, but what I was pointing at... there's a boat there ppl...
We get nothing that is like close to our own world in the way. It's as it's a medival world... without any vehicles and stuff... but there's a boat and I doubt lun's too lazy to find a decent outside boat graphic...
So why doesn't he show the boat outside to us?... to keep the path the boat is on hidden... there's plenty of beaches out there too, specially if you believe the beach lexus is on in episode 6 and the black shoals to be actual beaches and not just in a dream world. So there's supposedly plenty of water on the way... and even talks of an ocean by the m2O man. I'm just askin'... why does lun hide obvious things like that? not important enough?
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:35 am

He hides them not, but never confirms them to be true, either.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:40 pm

Good point about the beaches. I was just testing for holes in the boat-crosses-ocean theory. It actually seems quite solid to me.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:15 pm

I think that the Beach Lexus was on was just part of Rhues Mind, like nearly everything else in dream Estrana. The boat was most likely just travelling down a stretch of water down a stretch. The reason the boat was no shown was because it wouls have been pretty strange hearing voices and not knowing where they were coming from. Also, you wouldnt have seen the body in the cabin so you wouldnt have known what they were talking about.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:31 pm

Everything in Episode 6 is a Dream (apart from the ending (the regular ending)). So I you can't really 100% rely on it for hard evidence. Also, just becuase there is water and beaches doesn't mean it's a sphere. Fuck, there's rivers and beaches on the Halo's and they only have 1 side with any land mass on.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Agree'd
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:46 am

Hey, I didn't say it proved that the Way was a planet or anything - just that there are large bodies of water, at least in DE. DE has its roots in the "normal" world of the Way, I believe, (dispute if you wish) so that would point to there being large bodies of water on the Way. Unless of course, they are imagined or something, but the boat scene seems to prove otherwise. Besides, where does that river on the Marna stretch flow to? Undoubtedly a large body of water, unless off the edge in a HALO like ringworld.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:01 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:The torus theory goes something like this:
It would not go off the edge it would go round the other side or into some underground caverns.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:38 pm

Right, I get that. What I was saying is that, if there's no edge, the Marna river must flow into a larger body of water.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby is » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:06 pm

Apparently there's a real-world phenomenom, where, due to atmospheric distortion, one can see places far beyond the horizon. This can sometimes give the appearance of a flat earth, or even occasionaly a concave earth, which must be quite an experience. Unfortunately, I can't find the name or page of this phenomenom.

Apparently, some of the Nazis believed in a hollow earth - ie, we are standing on the inside of a sphere, the stars etc are in the middle, and if you point your telescopes in the right direction, you could see England.
Friedrich Nietzche wrote:Oh God, oh God, O - M - F - G!
is
Wanderer

Postby Eckolin » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 pm

Apparently there's a real-world phenomenom, where, due to atmospheric distortion, one can see places far beyond the horizon. This can sometimes give the appearance of a flat earth, or even occasionaly a concave earth, which must be quite an experience. Unfortunately, I can't find the name or page of this phenomenom.

Apparently, some of the Nazis believed in a hollow earth - ie, we are standing on the inside of a sphere, the stars etc are in the middle, and if you point your telescopes in the right direction, you could see England.

Mirage
This could be a plunge game - Except it has 'issues' -
Eckolin
Wanderer

Postby pkuki » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:31 am

I had a really, really wierd theory that goes like this:
rhue, as the son of the lord below, was linked to the way in some strange way (the lord below rules hell, his son goes and creates the "real" world, sorta like the rebel angles they talk about in HDM). whenever he comes to the end of the way, he creates a new strech. however, once he became the mimic, he could only create streches that he knew, so that the new strech would be the home strech of the dominant aura (hence landorin and a new janwen strech, on which estrana was built). the sides could be limeted by oceans, and the way could be limeted by rolling mists that only rhue could open into new ways. that way, tetzel got rhue to the end of the way because he was afraid that if people got to the end, the guided would lose power.

and a mirage isn't that. a mirage is when light beams bend due to the lower air particals being warmer then higher ones, so it looks like a patch of blue on the ground in the distance.

personnaly, I think lun thout about it a lot, but didn't find an answer that both made sense and that he liked, so he just ha sacrifa killed before he could reveal lun's ignorance about the way.
pkuki
Wanderer

Postby Elachim » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:18 pm

pkuki wrote:and a mirage isn't that. a mirage is when light beams bend due to the lower air particals being warmer then higher ones, so it looks like a patch of blue on the ground in the distance.

Yes that's sometimes the effect. But the atmospheric distortion of light due to differences in air temperature is generally called a mirage, not just the puddle-o-water ones. Mirages have been known to take shapes in the form of everthing from oases to inverted mountain ranges.

Interesting theory, BTW. Does it hold up to scrutiny? Someone else gets to poke holes today, I'm not up to it at the moment.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:54 am

I see those wacky puddle-o-water thingey's in the road all the time during summer. They always appear at the top of hills. They didn't always appear in the distance though, sometimes you could see them when you were only a few metre's away, but they would always dissappear when you got too close. They would always occur in the exact same spots as well.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby black feather » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:13 pm

after reading the entire topic :x i aam now going to piss everyone off by dissaproving most theries about the ways shape

1. if the way was a donut shape it woud have no center of gravity (i'm sure someone mentioned this but what the heck!) also it is illogical it would be created like that!

2.the theory that the way is a planet on the edge of a black hole doesn't work because firstly black holes give out so much heat (yes they do giive out heat) no life could exist. and secondly it would get sucked in!

3. concerning the rolling mists, my theory is that they are mists of a toxin that are very slightly heavier than air in a condensed form, the theory would go that a prevailing wind would carry them over the way killing anything that was in it.(this ovcourse would mean that if they got caght in the doldrums they would be trapped!)

4.i finnaly have a theory that the way is expanding with the universe (meaning it is not yet completed and still being formed) so the end of the way keeps changing!
black feather
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion