The Way... a planet?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Way... a planet?

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:14 pm

Now, this is just a theory mind you, but could The Way in fact be a planet? Anyway, here me out...

There was a theory, an old one, where the rolling mists are just the ocean. The evidence being what "M20" Man said and that when mist condenses it becomes water. In this theory, the ocean slowly destroys and erodes old paths at the start of The Way, while people make new ones and the end.

If this were true, people might end up warning the same portions of The Way, generations later. What I mean is, if you go all The Way around a planet, you’ll end up where you started. Perhaps in the world of The Way the would planet is traveled over many generations, but by the time they get back to where they started, the knowledge that people have been here has been lost, so it is assumed that this is a new area.

The “Way Posts” and citadels are the only things still remaining from back when a stretch was traveled last, because they are so strong. (I have yet to find out why that is though.)

The peaces of evidence that I can find to support this theory are that Rhue remembers the End of The Way, the lost city is under Estrana, and some of Dirk’s and Sacrifa’s ramblings.

If Rhue remembers the End of The Way (in his memory of the Landorin Massacre), that may mean he absorbed an aura a LONG time ago that traveled through that area. It couldn’t have been someone who went to the End of The Way, and then came back to be killed by Rhue, because The Way ended where you fight Strata after killing Lyrra; That is, until a little before you arrived. (I think the quote was “The End of The Way WAS where you’re standing.”) This means that any people Rhue absorbed who had been to the End of The Way, wouldn’t have seen the End of The Way used in his memories.

The fact that the lost city is below Estrana is highly suspicious. We know that it is under the real Estrana because Sacrifa remembers it from before he was killed. Assuming that it is Janwen (which is what the “Man in Red” makes it seem like), you would think that the Guided would choose a different area for their town. However, if Estrana was created after a trip around the world, the Guided very well might not know it was Janwen.

As for Dirk’s and Sacrifa’s ramblings, it goes like this: Dirk says his friend was killed because he found out the truth about the End of The Way, which disproved the Guided. If the End of The Way was based on people making bridges/digging tunnels etc., this would go against the idea of the rolling mist, and maybe even the purpose. Sacrifa says that the End of The Way doesn’t exist in The Way you think it does, or something like that. (This is after he says it’s a creation of Tetzel... I’ll get the exact quote when I get back home.) This could be referring to the End of The Way being as far as man kind can go at the moment. Also, Sacrifa says that Tetzel was trying to slow everyone down with the rumors of the PS. Maybe he just wanted to slow them down until the Guided finished digging the tunnel you go through to get to the new end of The Way, because the Guided are really the ones making the bridges and such now.

Any thoughts, discredits, or anything else would be nice.

PS. Please tell me no one’s said this before.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:04 pm

Well, the exact theory of the guided digging tunnels is new, but everything else is real old. THere are even detailed diagrams of what the Way could look like whether its flat, round, donut, youname it.

I think the quote was “The End of The Way WAS where you’re standing.”

That exact quote is "The End of the Way used to be right here." Note he never says how long ago it was the End of the Way though.

if Estrana was created after a trip around the world, the Guided very well might not know it was Janwen

Well, I suspect the common guided knows nothing. Probably only a few key people in the guided know the truth, possibly only Tetzel himself.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:21 pm

Drat... Well... Next time I'll read the whole topic I guess...
And you know the increaced length of the way is resent, because there are no dead bodies past theat point.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:50 am

Well, I disagree with most things you have said, but The Way being a planet and the guided are simply guiding (and thus controlling) the wanderers in circles is actually my theory
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby fwacho » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:05 am

you guys shouldn't quote Lun.... (maniacle laugh).
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:20 am

Here's a thought: (Tell me if this has been thought of.)
The reason the guided don't want people to settle is because if the settlement lasts long enough then it will still be there the next time the wanderers go all the way around the way, and the guided might not be able to destroy all of the buildings completely, and then people might find out what's happening.

@fwacho: I've still a noob, I've never even SEEN Lun post. Are you talking about Sage or Sarcasm? Also, could you please just tell usdirectly instead of your whole: talking in a general sense that doesn't actualy help much at all.

@Sarcasm: in this theory, the guiding ARE leading the wanderers in cercles. REALLY big ones. Because the old paths are destroyed from the last time someone wandered that area, so thay have to make the paths again.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:41 am

I figured out this is pretty obvious, if you support this theory, that is.

Yup, the Way could be a planet, but that doesn't means the guided can't lead wanderers in non straight circles, it took the crusaders 20 years to reach Jerusalem, so in fact, this can work if The Way is a disc, as well if its a planet.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:32 am

True, but a planet is a more logical shape. More stable than a disk. Anyway, we don't need to find that out now, because lun said he was thinking up more stories in the way universe, so we might get more info on the way then.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:38 pm

Then again, it could be something like HALO :D
I mean, check out the one background near the end of E6. If those mountains rolling up into the distance doesn't remind you of HALO I don't know what does.

Er, by the way. Don't take that seriously.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Bryjnar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:44 am

I still favour the doughnut idea myself. It allows the Way to be entirely linear without issues of width coming into it, thus getting around Sarcasm's point about planets.
Bryjnar
Plyn

Postby Angel_OA » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:32 am

Although if the Way was a planet, there would be sea, possibly directing wanderers to travel in a 'doughnut' shape.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:50 pm

Angel_OA wrote:Although if the Way was a planet, there would be sea, possibly directing wanderers to travel in a 'doughnut' shape.

Not necessarily. Just because you have a planet you don't need an ocean. Heck, look at Mercury! If we want a habitable planet however, we probably need an ocean, according to planetary climatology. But since when have RPGs been climatologically correct?
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:45 pm

I think it would be more badass if The Way was actually an anti-matter world inside a black hole.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:08 pm

DUDE! That would be awesome! (Even if it does brake multiple laws of physics) I'm sticking w/ planet though because it actually works with the laws of gravity, unlike a donut.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 pm

JLAF wrote:DUDE! That would be awesome! (Even if it does brake multiple laws of physics) I'm sticking w/ planet though because it actually works with the laws of gravity, unlike a donut.

Ok, let's be realistic. We all know that we are just the result of some idiot's imagination. Therefore your so called "Laws of Physics" have no real grounds.
True love lies in complete adherence to Newton's third law.
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion