Saving at the end of the game

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Saving at the end of the game

Postby mattlandry » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:37 am

why do you have to save at the end of E6?is it just because the maker just copy and pasted the same ending as previous episodes?...and why does it just randomly say the beggining?I expected to see something that happened with rhue and gaius...
mattlandry
Wanderer

Postby Elachim » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:59 pm

I dunno about the saving. I'd guess that yes, Lun pasted the maps over and just left that code in.

"The Beginning" is far less random than it appears. My thought is that Lun is just pointing out that it is not the end of the story (even if we never find out more of it, God forbid.) Much less, it is the beginning of a whole new story - an elipsis instead of a period.

If the message had said "the End" I think we all would have been much less satisfied, don't you?

edit: Tele didn't like so many "it"s.
Last edited by Elachim on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:19 pm

Using the same definite noun word for more than one thing is frowned upon, for such speech is confusing and very difficult to read.

I assume Lun uses the same save-game message for each episode starting at ep 2, so I bet he could use the same save-game option after an episode is finished. It makes things easier to copy and paste the old save prompt if nothing has changed.

mattlandry wrote: ...and why does it just randomly say the beggining?I expected to see something that happened with rhue and gaius...

Randomly? Firstly, are you referring to the end of the episode (not the way, but the episode; distinct difference)? It's been a little long since I finished ep 6, but it makes sense that theres a final screen/message in the final installment of the series. If you've been paying attention EVEN REMOTELY to any of the conversations about The Way, you would know that the mists always move. What we are led to believe is that the way is a planet, meaning on a planet, so wanderers will constantly go in circles around their planet, progress limited by the mists.

Remember, the scene at the start of episode 6 (and end, sort of) takes place at the very same riverbank Rhue lost -the girl-. This implies the continuity of The Way. And that's the place it all started, so with the end of this tale, a new beginning is made. The sword conflict is resolved, but there's still room for more to happen to the wanderers from that point on, thus it's "The Beginning".

And also...Is he aware that there are multiple possible endings?
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 pm

In the beta the game said "Fin" instead of "the beggining". Incase you find meening in that.

"the beggining" at the end of it made me think that Rhue's story is just a side story, or prologue to a much bigger story. Sort of like TTHW is a side story to some story iishenron is writing.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Elachim » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:37 pm

I'll buy that. It makes me all the more eager for more news of Lun's next project.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:16 pm

I know I was waiting for Lun's next piece of work, but I thought I was alone!
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:23 pm

Me exited too!
True love lies in complete adherence to Newton's third law.
S1 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:27 pm

O.o

Teen, what the hell is up with that pic?

I dub thee, Sir Teen the Random.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby BustroQuick » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:54 pm

You haven't seen the O RLY owl before?
BustroQuick
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:38 am

Never. I swear it on my dead dog's grave.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:05 pm

Comon!

That ones fun...Anyways, it goes like this normally:

Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:23 am

those are some freakin sweet birds.
True love lies in complete adherence to Newton's third law.
S1 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion