Random Reaches Theory

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby KingClops » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:27 am

I can't find a topic specifically for the shadow plungers, so, did anyone try very hard to figure out who they are? This is the closest thread I could find since they do guard the lesser demon and are essential for the reaches ending.

I've had a couple of theories myself. First I thought they may have been people that were sacrifited to the sword to create it in the first place, they seem to be very similar to the phantom slasher. Or they could be people that died while attacking the lord below. There must be some reason they're guarding the lesser demon, if they're even guarding people from getting to him at all.
Burning_Flame: Kalmar is a giant squid. See my authoritative post here:
http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528
KingClops
Wanderer

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:11 pm

I believe someone suggested they might be the auras of the other Shadow Swords/Illuminati, defeated and trapped by Rhue's sword.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:53 am

They're the darkness of Rhue's own mind.

Shit, I don't know. Theres probably a reason they are just black sprites of people we know though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Rangi42 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:01 am

Whatever they are, they're related to the Phantom Slasher and to the weird shadow Rhue battles in the Pits in Episode 3. (They're all shadows that crackle and kind of explode when they're defeated.) It's not too difficult to connect them to the PS: after all, the entirety of Dream Estrana is inside the Phantom Slasher (the sword). The Pits shadow, however, has the added attribute of not just being part of Rhue's screwed-up mind. (It beat Scatha as well as Rhue, so the volcanic fumes didn't just make him hallucinate.)
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Ok, heres an idea. The 4 shadows are from 4 shadow swords that Rhue's sword has already destroyed/absorbed/whatever. Which would jump up our Shadow sword/illuminati count up to 9 (or 8 if Jeruh's sword was Night Reaper, still dont get how that works) though, and I know only 7 illuminati were mentioned in the book, and I can't remember if it said there were more or not.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby KingClops » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:25 pm

It said only some of the names were listed, but didn't give a total.
Burning_Flame: Kalmar is a giant squid. See my authoritative post here:
http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528
KingClops
Wanderer

Postby MusashiEX » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:30 am

My god, it's genius.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Ofcourse, why these shaows look just like people in the game is beyond me.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:07 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Ofcourse, why these shaows look just like people in the game is beyond me.

Well, the "shaows" are probably shadows of the people who was holding the sword last.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion