Was it Midian?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Was it Midian?

Postby Valhariel » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:12 pm

A thought just occurred to me that made me doubt whether it really was Midian's aura that killed Jeruh. All the people who are absorbed in the sword are killed, in a sense, but a part of them lives on. I'm not sure whether those people can undergo change inside the sword but I'm assuming they don't.

When Midian finally meets Jeruh inside the cell at the top of the tower, he tells him he's lost his desire to kill him and doesn't want to see Jeruh die. This wouldn't make any sense at all, if this was the same person who first met Gaius, and murdered Jeruh. The one who killed Jeruh said he had waited a long time, and that he was glad to be ending his life. This leads me to believe that Midian and Jeruh's murderer are not the same person. If this happens to be true, that leaves one burning question...just who the hell was it that killed Jeruh, and why?
Valhariel
Wanderer

Postby teeran » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:02 pm

I think Midian's aura was influencing Rhue, telling him to kill Jeruh, so it was Midian's aura saying "I've been waiting a long time for this". Midian said he lost his desire to kill Jeruh because he already did, using Rhue.
"If we're all equal, then why is there authority?" -Me
teeran
Plyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:42 pm

I argee with teeran. Though there may have been an event that Midian when through at some point which changed his mind afterwards. My guess it that he changed his mind when he heard more about the shadow swords in E6. He said something to Jeruh like "Surely the sword must have tainted you." Really though, we don't know enough about Midian to be sure.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:22 am

In the cell at the top of the tower, it was 'Rhue's' aura influencing Midian's I beleive.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby JJK » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:23 pm

You should do well to remember what a aura is. :D
"Oh well," McWatt would sing, "what the hell."
JJK
Wanderer

Postby Elachim » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:13 pm

Also remember that the auras in DE have no idea what's going on in the "real" world. So if Midian was killed and his aura absorbed, then "Rhue" (under influence from this aura) could go on to kill Jeruh without DE's Midian having a clue. Since time passes at a different rate in DE (or something like that. Think Narnia. :P ) then it could have been simply ages before "Rhue" visits DE since having killed Midian, and DE's Midian would have given up the hunt for Jeruh.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Pieolence » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:32 pm

teeran wrote:I think Midian's aura was influencing Rhue, telling him to kill Jeruh, so it was Midian's aura saying "I've been waiting a long time for this". Midian said he lost his desire to kill Jeruh because he already did, using Rhue.

This would make sense... I think Midian's Aura influenced Rhue/Kura to search for Jeruh, and even made Rhue/Kura talk to the headhunter guy you meet (the one who calls you Midian) and ask him about Jeruh, and introduce himself as "Midian" (which is why the headhunter knows you as Midian... even though Midian looks different...)... Midian possesing Rhue/Kura was probably due to Rhue/Kura's original aura weakening due to the sword absorbing so many different auras...
Pieolence
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:02 pm

I've explained my theory on this one a hundred times, so I'm just going to quote myself here

Sage Of The Wise wrote:The dominant aura isnt chosen at random. From what we've seen with Rhue, whatever one would be easiest to manipulate into killing is chosen. At one point Rhue is Midian, on a quest to kill Jeruh. When Rhue/Midian kills Jeruh he has no more need to go around killing, and what do you know, the aura changes. Now its Jeruh, since hes on a quest to find Serena. And we all know what a bloodbath that was.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion