The Novice Hunter

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Novice Hunter

Postby Chaos Rider » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:31 pm

Alright, heres my Midian theory. First of all, Fwacho already confirmed that Rhue killed Midian before he killed Jeruh. So the head hunter on the bridge cannot be Midian. If you want proof, see this thread.

http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2429

Anyways, my theory is that in the time slot when "Rhue" was Midian, he made friends with the headhunters. First of all, the one on the big stretch in Episode 2 (Forget the name >_>) knew who he was. That leads to me thinking perhaps he told the headhunters of his quest to kill Midian, and after they heard he died, one of them went looking for Jeruh in an attempt to avenge Midian. (When I say died, I mean when Rhue stopped being Midian and became Jeruh.)

Though that brings us to a snag; if the headhunters knew he was dead then why did the one on the unnamable stretch in game 2 say hello to him? Well, maybe only the head hunter in episode 1 heard the news. Either that or the head hunter in episode 2 DIDN'T hear the news. Either way, It's possible, and the only thing I can think of that doesn't bring us to many plotholes.
Chaos Rider
Wanderer

Postby JLAF » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:41 pm

My guess is that they didn't hear Midian "died", but instead, when Rhue tells the first head hunter that he's never hear of Jeruh, while the head hunter thinks he looks like mildin, the head hunter attacks what he thinks is an imposter. The second one just accepts him as mildin.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby teeran » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:33 pm

But Midian had purple hair...
"If we're all equal, then why is there authority?" -Me
teeran
Plyn

Postby JLAF » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Yes, but Rhue, who was taken over by milden when he talked to head hunters first, looks an awful lot like Rhue.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:54 am

Yes, other than the lack of purple hair or massive eyebrows. :lol:

Remember, the headhunters probably never met the original Midian, they just met 'Rhue' who had recently absorbed Midian's aura and was introducing himself under that name.

Also, I think that it's more likely that the E1 headhunter attacked Rhue because he looked slightly like Jeruh, not Midian.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:19 pm

Angel_OA, you start by saying I'm wrong then go on to say exactly what I say. Geez...
Anyway, the headhunter in E1 would only know what Jeruh looks like if he was told by mildin. Sense we know Rhue talked to headhunters AS mildin, it's likly the head hunter in E1 knows Rhue as mildin, and was probably only given a description of Jeruh by Rhue, so the head hunter wouldn't come to that conclusion.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:12 am

JLAF wrote:Angel_OA, you start by saying I'm wrong then go on to say exactly what I say.

I was too busy being clever to notice.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:06 pm

Its Midian, not Mildin, Midian.

As far as the Rhue-Midian hires Headhunters theory goes, the Headhunter he hired couldn't have been the same one as the one on the bridge, for obvious reasons. So, Rhue-Midian must have hired a team of Headhunters, or somthing like that, and only met with the leader.(Or there's somthing to the effect of a Hire-A-Henchman hotline and no one ever meets face to face, but I kinda doubt that.) He gives all his information on Jeruh to them, and they go out and search. Rhue-Midian then finds Jeruh, does his thing, and now we've got Rhue-Jeruh. At the bridge scene, the headhunter would then have a reason to be looking for a Jeruh, and wouldn't know who Rhue is. And for why the headhunter thought Rhue was Jeruh, while looking similar probably helped, much more importantly is that Jeruh was going by the name Rhue at the time. So, when the headhunter finds a guy that fits the description and goes by the same name, he was probably pretty sure of it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby World-War-III » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:45 am

Why the hell the headhunter would kill jeruh
World-War-III
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:49 pm

Because he was hired. They're mercenaries, why else would they?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JJK » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:19 pm

Rhue and his spilt personalities. :D
Makes the story interesting, no?
"Oh well," McWatt would sing, "what the hell."
JJK
Wanderer

Postby Angel_OA » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:39 pm

YES!
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:32 am

One tiny remarkt though! The opening of the first episode was entirely different at the start!!! The hunter was looking for gaius at first if I recall correctly. (might even have the original episode somewhere.)
So... What I'm saying here is, Lun changed a bit and maybe even a lot. Besides we know that our dear fwacho isn't 'IN THE KNOW' about everything, he said so himself. Plus he's the one that always pops up tossing everything we accomplished by thinking together around by giving a cryptic hint that doesn't mean anything acutally, just so we all start over and ultimately reach the same point again until he pops up again... it's the friggin' principle of the way itself.

I like fwacho a lot , but I don't think he will give us the answer that obviously. Beside, who's to say if he knows the full truth? The only one to know the true identity about the hunter is Lun. Point finale. (and kuddos to lun for making everything in two-fold aka not easy to find out and with a double interpretation for everybody to discuss.)
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:29 am

Seeing as the episodes were made in chronological order I'd put that change down to Lun filling in a plot hole. Or perhaps he had more planned for Gaius originally, that would explain the 'deleted scene'.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Stedar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:25 am

Angel_OA wrote:perhaps he had more planned for Gaius originally, that would explain the 'deleted scene'.

Yes, i agree, and a bit more on Strata
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion