I see dead people

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 pm

About 4 posts ago I guess.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Rangi42 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:46 am

The man who Traziun's mom talks about could be Gaius, Kalmar, Rhue. There are problems with each, though. Gaius likely has an Illuminati, not a Shadow Sword; and he can sense auras, but doesn't seem to absorb them. Kalmar fits the description of "He wouldn't talk to you. He would only destroy you.", but he too hasn't been seen absorbing auras. Rhue has a pretty good method of not going crazy -- he mimics the strongest, most purposeful auras he absorbs (Kava wanted to get revenge on the Guided and reunite with Luma, Midian wanted to kill Jeruh, Jeruh wanted to find Serena, etc), and has Dream Estrana to keep the rest busy. Jeruh's aura was pretty powerful, but once DE let him stay with Lexus (in one ending, anyway), he just let some other aura (probably the original) take over the body.

The auras of dead wanderers might appear in Estrana because of its history. Estrana was built on the ruins of Janwen (where does it say that in-game?), which was destroyed by the Lord Below, who was Venge's father; and Venge might once have used Rhue's body. (A theory I heard somewhere here was that when some wanderers took up the seven Illuminati, the Lord Below sent his son against them, he was killed, and for some reason his aura took over "Rhue"'s body (of course, neither Jeruh nor his alias Rhue existed then).)
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Kalmar fits the description of "He wouldn't talk to you. He would only destroy you.", but he too hasn't been seen absorbing auras.

How would that matter?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby viola » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:11 pm

N00b questions that don't deserve a new topic:

The shadowy figure that follows Rhue around is on screen with him in a couple of episodes, or is seen watching him and his companions.

Is the consensus that it's some metaphorical projection of Rhue's psyche, Tyler Durden style? Is it even the same "person" as the PS? I was convinced it was Gaius, the sword tried to conince Rhue it was Serena, some people seem to think it's the Mimic. Or perhaps it's just a random person...

"Rhue" absorbs auras, whether he killed the person or he didn't. The Shadow Sword seems to control him, and uses the dominating aura's determination to move around and absorb more Auras.

We know "Rhue" gets stronger from this, but how to explain his absolute suckitude at the beginning of the series? Does each new dominating aura bring with it their lame stats? Or am I reading too much into a necessary game device...

And I'm wondering how the hell a Pharaphylin came into the Dream Estrana.

I thought Rhue poisoned him, when he was Kura, long ago? No sword skills necessary.

Though since Dream Estrana is like, the Halls of the Absorbed Dead or something, doesn't that imply that Kavax isn't the best Lyn on the Way? Being that he's not on the Way? I mean, if the Paraphalyn dies, who can defeat him and gain the title? (Apart from crazy, crazy Rhue.)
viola
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:23 pm

Is the consensus that it's some metaphorical projection of Rhue's psyche, Tyler Durden style? Is it even the same "person" as the PS? I was convinced it was Gaius, the sword tried to conince Rhue it was Serena, some people seem to think it's the Mimic. Or perhaps it's just a random person...

Something along the lines of a physical manifestation of the consciousness in Rhue’s sword.

And I'm wondering how the hell a Pharaphylin came into the Dream Estrana.

Well, how Kava got into the sword is pretty easy to explain, its just when Rhue, as Kura (whether this was his original persona or just another fake), killed him. Why Kava is Pharaphylin is beyond me though.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:26 pm

Maybe you need to kill the best lyn twice, before you become the next "Pharaphylin", since you might have just landed a lucky shot. Then again, how would you kill someone twice, if they are dead after the first one. Maybe all the Pharaphalyns had Shadow Swords, meaning that Kava should have also had a shadow sword. Or I could be just over doing it.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:41 pm

The only thing that comes to mind is that Kava is the strongest plyn in that "world", making him the Pharaphayln of Dream Estrana. Granted, I think the secret plunge added in the later versions of the game is harder, but we dont have to get that picky about it.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:45 pm

Shouldn't the protagonist be the Pharaphalyn of the real world at the start of the game then? He killed lot's of people who are really strong. He shouldn't have been a Plyn, where he killed someone who is strong enough to be the Pharaphalyn.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:02 pm

Rhue's persona at the time had a skill level of a plyn.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Uglymongoose » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:26 pm

MusashiEX wrote:Shouldn't the protagonist be the Pharaphalyn of the real world at the start of the game then? He killed lot's of people who are really strong. He shouldn't have been a Plyn, where he killed someone who is strong enough to be the Pharaphalyn.

I bleieve that it has to do with the mimic's technique of staying 'sane' (I'm not sure how sane the mimic cn possibly be). After the mimic kills Jeruh under the alias of Midian (therefore obliterating Midian's goal and dominant aura in the multitude of auras that gives him temporary dominance over the others contained in DE), Jeruh/Rhue acts as like a clean shield that the auras in the sword cling to over time. This would explain the mimic's need to dispose of old persona, because they would collect too many conflicting auras that would drive the dominant aura (the shield) insane, so each personality the mimic utilizes starts of with a clean slate, and gathers auras from there.

Of course, this could all be absolutely wrong, but...
Uglymongoose
Wanderer

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion