Truth (Theory)

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Truth (Theory)

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 am

While arguing with Jeramyu in the other topic, one of his sentences jumped at me, where he basically said that while the Reaches ending does not ties directly to the plot it is still a truth (as a concept in this case)

What if each ending represents a different kind of "truth" Rhue reached?

In the Reaches ending, Rhue finds Truth as a Concept

In the Lexus ending, Rhue finds emotional Truth, or in other words, the key to Happiness.

In the regular ending, Rhue has found a Physical Truth, one that belongs to his world, the one he was seeking.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Ah... it all makes sense!

...not really.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:31 am

Very interesting thoughts, Sarcasm, I can definitely see where you're coming from on those. Maybe you hit the mark a lot closer to where Lun was hoping it would be. Strange to think that the Physical Truth seems to leave Rhue the emptiest.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby KingClops » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:49 pm

I can't see him actually following the Lexus ending. In his conversation with her he seems to eager to dismiss her and move on. And that's him talking, not Jeruh this time.
Burning_Flame: Kalmar is a giant squid. See my authoritative post here:
http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2528
KingClops
Wanderer

Postby Rangi42 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:23 am

KingClops wrote:I can't see him actually following the Lexus ending. In his conversation with her he seems to eager to dismiss her and move on. And that's him talking, not Jeruh this time.

Since he still has Jeruh's memories of Serena and whatnot, it's still technically Jeruh speaking. Of course, Rhue has gone through so many experiences that he can be considered a different person by now...

I think he only seems dismissive because things keep changing on him. He's running after Gaius to reach the End of the Way, finds out it's the place where he lost Serena, gets sent to a weird version of Estrana, accesses the Arm of Estrana with Sacrifa and Midian, is told by a strange voice that Serena lives but will die if they enter the top cell (the first story told to him that seems true), discovers Jeruh in the top cell, learns that his memory of the Landorin Massacre is entirely flawed (the next purported "truth"), sees Gaius appear in the cell as a transparent charset, is teleported to a plunge with the Phantom Slasher (who now tells him a third story which Rhue doesn't believe)... and then he teleports to a landscape with an ethereal door and the only girl he loved apart from Serena. It's bound to seem like another deception.
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:49 pm

True. If I were Rhue, I'd be extra careful too... well, if I were Rhue, I'd be dead.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby pkuki » Mon May 07, 2007 2:06 pm

the phase was "truth hides nothing". but it should have been "truth leaves nothing". like what they say at the top of the opera tower.
the lexus ending showed what TRUE love (unlike serena) would be like. the reaches ending shows rhue's soul, in a way.
the third ending, the true ending, shows rhue discovering truth, rather then the player. and it drains him, of course.
aqnother metaphor that this could resemble is the afterworld scene in american gods, where bast tells shadow "one path will make you wise, and one will make you whole, and one eill kill you".
pkuki
Wanderer

Postby JLAF » Mon May 07, 2007 11:26 pm

The normal ending sure drained me... I felt so empty after it...
Anyway, one thing I've always wondered about is what he see after the reaches and lexus endings.
I feel Lexus is being used by the PS in order to keep Rhue captive since he will no longer do what the PS wanted him to. The PS probably planned on keeping Rhue like that until he could kill someone else and give Rhue a new aura. This would also explain the starch contrast between Rhue's normal personality and the one we see when he says "I have no end" and jumps off. Clearly whoever was in control of Rhue at that point knew what was going on.
However, the Reaches ending is just plane mysterious. I personally think that Traziun, Rhue, and Gaius all got into a fight, which would explain how they can all talk to each other in Rhue's (or Gaius' or Traziun's) sword. But there are a million different things that could have happened.

Also, referring to the title. I'd always assumed that it was a reference to the fact that Rhue was in denial, as illustrated by the reaches ending. But isn't it ironic that the episode which "hides nothing" bares the most secrets?
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue May 08, 2007 6:32 am

The Reaches ending is but an answer to an unknown question, see my Dreamscape theory for more.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Tue May 08, 2007 3:21 pm

I appreciate the Reaches ending more now, the first time I got that ending, I was playing it on my laptop, with the screen dimmed down and the lights were off and it was 3am, I was high on Glucose and Caffeine and most likely drunk so it didn't really make any sense until I replayed it a few times.

I have always hated the Lexus ending...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Tue May 08, 2007 10:56 pm

Sarcasm wrote:The Reaches ending is but an answer to an unknown question, see my Dreamscape theory for more.
Mind giving me a link? I seached everyone of your posts for the word "Dreamscape" and found nothing.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion