Theory about the Phantom Slasher

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri May 11, 2007 10:10 pm

High Gravekeeper wrote:
MusashiEX wrote:Well there is also a theory that if you kill someone who used a shadow sword, all their auras are belong to you.

This theory is based on what? Theories normally have some kind of basis.
It has been established that auras are bound to the sword, not its wielder, so it makes more sense that they wouldn't pass to the person who killed the wielder.

This is how it works, when a shadow sword(or whatever controls this) needs to change the controlling aura its wielder to keep him killing things, it doesnt completly switch the auras, it seems to take the needed part from one and patch it on to the main one. This is shown since Rhue isn't an exact replica of Jeruh. He has the memory of Serena, and the massacre, but thats about all he has in common with Jeruh, he still has memories from other lives as well. Now, because of this, if you kill a person who owns a shadow sword with a shadow sword, you get there aura. Which would be patched up with any number of auras. Which in effect you would get as well.

Though, it needs to be noted that Jeruh lost the shadow sword soon after he got it, so whether or not this happend to him is a quesion itself, we just don't know enough about shadow swords to say.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat May 12, 2007 5:09 pm

High Gravekeeper wrote:
MusashiEX wrote:Well there is also a theory that if you kill someone who used a shadow sword, all their auras are belong to you.

This theory is based on what? Theories normally have some kind of basis.
It has been established that auras are bound to the sword, not its wielder, so it makes more sense that they wouldn't pass to the person who killed the wielder.
What the fuck? You actually make no sense. Whilst I admit that you're using logic, it just make no sense dammit. I agree with what Sage said, I would've said it, but I'm not very good and putting ideas into words and so didn't... Basically, the sword absorbs the auras and then puts each aura through some kind of screening process and then sends random parts of the aura onto the current aura of the wielder, thus replacing the current part of the wielder's aura. It probably goes deeper than this but I'm far too drunk to discuss this now...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Sat May 12, 2007 8:41 pm

Sage wrote:This is how it works, when a shadow sword(or whatever controls this) needs to change the controlling aura its wielder to keep him killing things, it doesnt completly switch the auras, it seems to take the needed part from one and patch it on to the main one. This is shown since Rhue isn't an exact replica of Jeruh. He has the memory of Serena, and the massacre, but thats about all he has in common with Jeruh, he still has memories from other lives as well. Now, because of this, if you kill a person who owns a shadow sword with a shadow sword, you get there aura. Which would be patched up with any number of auras. Which in effect you would get as well.
Doesn't it initially start with just one aura, and then other auras start to come in as the welder slowly goes insane? And I had always assumed that Rhue simply picked up Jeruh's shadow sword when Jeruh lost it, and that Jeruh had initially gotten the sword from Rhue.
Anyway, I think Serena is the girl. First off, she's always called "The Girl." So she's clearly someone. Who else would lun be hiding? Also, I've noted that there are no kids in dream Estrana. Clearly people grow up before they stop aging. Just look at Midian. Then there's also that fact that no matter what hair colour you choose in e2, at the closing of e6 Serena always has blond hair at the end. Then there's the phantom butting the peace of the painting in someone's heart, which turns out to be The Girl's house. Makes sense considering Serena's is all Rhue's heart ever thinks about.
Last edited by JLAF on Tue May 15, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun May 13, 2007 5:48 am

I've always thought that the Girl was someone Lun knew in real life. Durin conversations with her, there's notes that can be used as replies to what the Girl says. I think that means that the Girl was part of a conversation with Lun and she was based on a person in he knew in real life. Just my two cents. I realize that she could be both or none, but that's my opinion.
Last edited by MusashiEX on Tue May 15, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun May 13, 2007 8:35 pm

I've always thought that the Girl was someone Lun knew in real life.

That would go along with the 'Lun is the phantom' theory with the whole putting a piece of the picture ins someones heart thing.

And I had always assumed that Rhue simply picked up Jeruh's shadow sword when Jeruh lost it, and that Jeruh had initially gotten the sword from Rhue.

Theres no reason to think that though. I'd think Rhue has had a shadow sword for a very long time

I've noted that there are no kids in dream Estrana.

Hmmm... now theres an interesting observation.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Tue May 15, 2007 4:08 pm

Thanks Musashi, I fix the error.

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
And I had always assumed that Rhue simply picked up Jeruh's shadow sword when Jeruh lost it, and that Jeruh had initially gotten the sword from Rhue.

Theres no reason to think that though. I'd think Rhue has had a shadow sword for a very long time
Well, My line of reasoning was this:
Assume the girl is serena. And assume auras cannot transfer between shadow swords; this means when you kill someone with a shadow sword you don't get the auras in their sword (since I didn't think of that until I read this topic). If both these are true, Jeruh MUST have used the shadow sword Rhue currently uses in the Landorin Massacre. Now assume the Rhue who is the protagonist was the Kura from the story. Well, that means that Rhue must have had the sword before the massacre as well, right? So, if we assume these thing (as I had at the time), Rhue must have had the sword, had Jeruh take the sword, and then gotten it back.
As for the evidence. Well, you know the evidence towards the girl being serena FAR better than I, as well as the evidence that Kura is the current Rhue. As for the swords not taking auras from other swords... Well you don't have any evidence to support your idea except for the fact that it would need to work that way if the girl was serena and my idea is wrong. So really their both equally likely.
I'd like to say that the person who had Jeruh's shadow sword before Jeruh look like Rhue, but frankly it could be anyone. (Probably passed out from absorbing a new aura.)

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
I've noted that there are no kids in dream Estrana.

Hmmm... now theres an interesting observation.
I'm really the first one who noticed this? Wow, I feel like... smart and stuff... (Though this response is really stupid.)
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue May 15, 2007 4:21 pm

You have to assume way to much for that theory to work though.

Well, you know the evidence towards the girl being serena FAR better than I

There is no actual evidence other than them both having blonde hair. All the rest is just "OMFG, WE DONT KNOW HER NAME!!1!1 GIRL=SERENA!1!1"
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby JLAF » Tue May 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:You have to assume way to much for that theory to work though.
I have to assume no more than you have to assume when you say that you get the auras of someone's shadow sword when you kill them.

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Well, you know the evidence towards the girl being serena FAR better than I

There is no actual evidence other than them both having blonde hair. All the rest is just "OMFG, WE DONT KNOW HER NAME!!1!1 GIRL=SERENA!1!1"
And the fact that Serena is known as "GIRL" in the "Landorin 2" map. Plus there's the reference to The Girl's house being a heart. Plus there's that commented dialogue that may or may not be Rhue but if it is than he's attracted to her. And finally, there HAS to be a reason we don't know her name :lol:
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue May 15, 2007 7:07 pm

If Lun is the phantom, the Girl could be a person he knows in real life, and doesn't want her name spread across the internet.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Tue May 15, 2007 7:43 pm

MusashiEX wrote:If Lun is the phantom, the Girl could be a person he knows in real life, and doesn't want her name spread across the internet.
Supid argument. He would have made up a name for her. After all, he made up a name for himself and his brother, why couldn't he have done it for her?
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby High Gravekeeper » Wed May 16, 2007 2:56 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:This is how it works, when a shadow sword(or whatever controls this) needs to change the controlling aura its wielder to keep him killing things, it doesnt completly switch the auras, it seems to take the needed part from one and patch it on to the main one. This is shown since Rhue isn't an exact replica of Jeruh. He has the memory of Serena, and the massacre, but thats about all he has in common with Jeruh, he still has memories from other lives as well. Now, because of this, if you kill a person who owns a shadow sword with a shadow sword, you get there aura. Which would be patched up with any number of auras. Which in effect you would get as well.

Though, it needs to be noted that Jeruh lost the shadow sword soon after he got it, so whether or not this happend to him is a quesion itself, we just don't know enough about shadow swords to say.

I was always under the impression that Rhue was an irregularity in that the auras he absorbed affected him (Possibly related to him being Venge), as Kalmar didn't show any indication of this.

The woman in red (AKA Traziun's Mom), makes this theory more solid by quite clearly saying that the auras are bound to the shadow sword, which gives it its power.
Thus A shadow sword would absorb the auras of the shadow swords wielder, and the other auras would either disperse or remain within the original shadow sword, as they are not bound to the wielders aura, which is what was absorbed.
High Gravekeeper
Wanderer

Postby MusashiEX » Wed May 16, 2007 1:35 pm

JLAF wrote:
MusashiEX wrote:If Lun is the phantom, the Girl could be a person he knows in real life, and doesn't want her name spread across the internet.
Supid argument. He would have made up a name for her. After all, he made up a name for himself and his brother, why couldn't he have done it for her?

Because he made up a name for HIMSELF. You can't just make up a name for someone else. Besides, would he go to such lengths to hide the facts to so much things yet make the identity of the Girl's identity so transparent?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Thu May 17, 2007 3:17 pm

MusashiEX wrote:Because he made up a name for HIMSELF. You can't just make up a name for someone else.
Why? Do your friends get offended when you call them nicknames? And of the first note, would sharing this girls first name be all that bad.
OMG! Lun like Jenny! Sine there's only one Jenny in the world I guess we know exactly who he's talking about!
Not to mention the fact that if he only gave a first name we'd have no reason to think this was someone he knew. After all, when an author gives a name to a character, do you think the character is based off someone in real life with the same name? I'm fairly certain that the majority of people just regard it as some person the Arther made up. And I think lun would realize this.
MusashiEX wrote:Besides, would he go to such lengths to hide the facts to so much things yet make the identity of the Girl's identity so transparent?
Transparent? God, there's almost no evidence at all. This is about as close to a stab in the dark as it gets dude. I mean, you have to think hard to come up with like 4 peaces of evidence. The reset is just going by how we're guessing lun's mind works.
Plus, if it were transparent we wouldn't be arguing.
Last edited by JLAF on Thu May 17, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu May 17, 2007 5:01 pm

Anyways, I think he named her the Girl to emphasize the fact that she's not a normal character. You know what the girl's nick name is? The Girl. As for evidence, the game is about finding a girl. And there's character in the last episode who's name is the Girl. Gee.
Last edited by MusashiEX on Fri May 18, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Thu May 17, 2007 7:51 pm

MusashiEX wrote:More BBCode errors.
Thanks. Fixed
Anyways, I think he named her the Girl to emphasize the fact that she's not a normal character.
But in the game they never call her "The girl." In fact, lun carefully avoids ever having to use her name. The only reason we call her The Girl on this forum is because that's what they call her in the editor.
You know what the girl's nick name is? The Girl.
I think you missed my point on the nick name analogy. I was saying that it's fine to make up names for people, since we actually do it all the time. I have no idea what your point was though...

As for evidence, the game is about finding a girl. And there's character in the last episode who's name is the Girl. Gee.
That's not evidence, that's saying "I bet lun thinks like this!" But the odd thing is, if you think it's so obvious that the girl is Serena then why do you argue the contrary? Lun has actually made thinking work out in the way that's most logical through the entire game. There really were no plot twists. Even Serena being dead is something I think many of us really knew but didn't want to believe.

Edit: Meh, this is hopeless. You can have the last word if you want, but I'm not continuing this discussion.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion