Theory about the Phantom Slasher

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Theory about the Phantom Slasher

Postby Jorissie » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:39 am

I got a theory about the PS, well, I think it has already been thought of/posted before, but I would say that the PS is a part of "Rhue"'s aura. When Rhue and this part of his aura are put together somehow, Rhue will find out the truth about not being Rhue or something. When Rhue plunges the PS, and finishes him, he absorbs his own aura. I don't know, but it could be.

Sorry for this meaningless post
Jorissie
Wanderer

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:52 pm

But even when "Rhue" defeats the PS he still doesn't really know anything more than he did before, all he knows is what Gauis tells him about when they were working together.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:23 pm

The Phantom Slasher is the spirit of the protagonist's shadow sword (also named Phantom Slasher). Dream Estrana is probably not in the protagonist's mind, but rather inside the Phantom Slasher (the sword). By destroying the Phantom Slasher (spirit) the protagonist is released from the control of the sword.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby black feather » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:09 pm

i've been actually working on a theory about thePS for a long time
what i've been thinking is that the phantom slasher and "serena" (of course i am relying on the fact that what is said at the end of episode six about it being serena whos actually being following you is true) have the same body.
what i think is that serenas aura ha been absorbed by the sword and being re-projected as the phantom slasher, "you and serena are the only on who can save us" (i don't think it was those words exactly, this is purely ftom memory, i think there was something about them being an ultimate crim fighting team
black feather
S1 Hilyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:36 pm

I think that the phantom slasher says that Serena is following him so that he is motivated to carry on and not give up.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 pm

Agreed. Serena died. A long time ago. Jeruh killed her.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:46 pm

(of course i am relying on the fact that what is said at the end of episode six about it being serena whos actually being following you is true)

Which was last ditch effort to stop Rhue from finding the truth and obviously a lie. So, good luck with your theory.

That part was probably put in the game as Lun's responce to the large amount of serious 'Serena is the PS' theories there were, which was a completly off the wall idea.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby black feather » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:00 am

look what i'm saying could be LAUSIBLE if the PS absorbed her aura
if you still don't beleive my theory i give up with it!±
black feather
S1 Hilyn

Postby pkuki » Mon May 07, 2007 1:49 pm

actually, serena is the girl. I think the principle reason to give her a faceset was to hide that. and i think lun had the ending planned all along, not improvised it.
pkuki
Wanderer

Postby MusashiEX » Mon May 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Serena is most likely not the girl. Everyone else is the same age as when died. The girl is older than Serena when she died.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby High Gravekeeper » Tue May 08, 2007 6:06 am

If the thread has already been brought back I might as well comment.
It is quite unlikely that The Girl is Serena. The Girl was (likely) killed or killed next to Rhue at one point or another, letting him absorb her Aura. Serena was killed by Jeruh.
High Gravekeeper
Wanderer

Postby MusashiEX » Tue May 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Well there is also a theory that if you kill someone who used a shadow sword, all their auras are belong to you.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue May 08, 2007 5:23 pm

'Rhue' absorbed Jeruh and asimilated both his physical and mental self into his body. In a way he is Jeruh, so he has memories from Jeruh's past as well as everyone else 'Rhue' has killed. He is completely unaware that these memories don't belong to him, so The Girl is most likely, the closest memory he has to what Serena would be like as an adult.
Hadn't everyone agreed that The Girl was Serena ages ago?
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby High Gravekeeper » Wed May 09, 2007 10:41 am

MusashiEX wrote:Well there is also a theory that if you kill someone who used a shadow sword, all their auras are belong to you.

This theory is based on what? Theories normally have some kind of basis.
It has been established that auras are bound to the sword, not its wielder, so it makes more sense that they wouldn't pass to the person who killed the wielder.
High Gravekeeper
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Wed May 09, 2007 11:40 am

I have a question. If a Shadow Sword wielder racks up insane pwnage and someone else gets hold of the Sword later on, does the orginal owner retain all the auras etc or does it pass on with the sword?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion