The name Rhue

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The name Rhue

Postby JLAF » Mon May 07, 2007 11:41 pm

What does it symbolize? I got interested again when I game across a blacksmith character in The Fall of Mahkinoc which was also called Rhue. While Rhue is a very fitting name for the book, fwacho would certainly be aware of any sort of symbolic meaning attached to the name, so he probably wouldn't use the name unless the symbolism worked for both characters. Yet I can't draw a single line between the two! So I figure I'll just ask you guys what you have found.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Ovenhole » Tue May 08, 2007 6:06 am

I always thought it was just some sort of easter egg for those readers who know the Way series. There's another character like that, at the end of the book.
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Re: The name Rhue

Postby Wellsy » Tue May 08, 2007 9:38 am

JLAF wrote:What does it symbolize? I got interested again when I game across a blacksmith character in The Fall of Mahkinoc which was also called Rhue. While Rhue is a very fitting name for the book, fwacho would certainly be aware of any sort of symbolic meaning attached to the name, so he probably wouldn't use the name unless the symbolism worked for both characters. Yet I can't draw a single line between the two! So I figure I'll just ask you guys what you have found.

You realize that book was written by Lun's brother, right?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue May 08, 2007 3:16 pm

He realises it was written by fwacho, so it is possible he realises that fwacho is Lun's brother...
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Re: The name Rhue

Postby JLAF » Tue May 08, 2007 10:27 pm

Wellsy630 wrote:
JLAF wrote:What does it symbolize? I got interested again when I game across a blacksmith character in The Fall of Mahkinoc which was also called Rhue. While Rhue is a very fitting name for the book, fwacho would certainly be aware of any sort of symbolic meaning attached to the name, so he probably wouldn't use the name unless the symbolism worked for both characters. Yet I can't draw a single line between the two! So I figure I'll just ask you guys what you have found.

You realize that book was written by Lun's brother, right?
If I didn't realize the book was written by lun's brother, then why would I say that fwacho would know what symbolic meaning the name had, unless I had seen this discussed on this forum, in which case I wouldn't be making this topic.

Ovenhole, I suppose that seems logical. Though it'd still be nice to know what the name symbolizes.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue May 08, 2007 11:02 pm

Oops. Sorry, I was tired ...
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion