The Identity of Dirk

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Identity of Dirk

Postby Toolophile » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:59 am

I can't believe this didn't hit me or anyone else sooner. Let me start by stating some rather obvious facts about shadow swords:

We know they absorb auras.

We know that after absorbing a certain amount, the original/dominant aura is lost the wielder becomes a combination of the first aspects he grasps from the cache within the sword.

Now for some less obvious facts:

Whenever a new dominant aura is established, it does not have to be important. Think of all the minor characters Rhue captured in his sword. Any one of these could have become Rhue's dominant aura.

So here's my theory about Dirk:

Whoever the original Dirk was, let's call him "Kird" for lack of creativity on my part, had a shadow sword. He lived for a longass time like most people with shadowswords do. Somewhere around Landorin, he killed some weak minded dipshit and absorbed his aura. This was the breaking point for his sword, and his dominant aura was replaced by the aura of the dipshit, or "Dirk." Dirk, now realizing he's standing behind a guy with a sword in his back, starts to freak out, and he's sitting there in the fetal position. The sword now realizes it can't use its previous wielder, due to his sudden change in demeanor and calls out for Jeruh... Dirk is the dipshit we are told by Jeruh is sitting there staring off into space. He's staring off into space because he just witnessed a guy die, and has no idea what the fuck happened.

Fifteen years or so later, age has finally caught up with Dirk. He still has the personality of Dipshit, but also some of the wisdom and knowledge of his former self. This is when he meets Rhue.

The end.
Toolophile
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:53 am

The guy creeping out next to the dead guy is probably Rhue, imo. Said breaking point is reached. Rhue spazzes out, Jeruh nabs sword commits massacre. I dunno.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Toolophile » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:51 pm

Sling wrote:The guy creeping out next to the dead guy is probably Rhue, imo. Said breaking point is reached. Rhue spazzes out, Jeruh nabs sword commits massacre. I dunno.

I'd say no to that due to the time it took rhue to get his sword back... Rhue loses his sword one time in the game, and that time, he drops everything to go get it. I doubt he'd let his sword go until Jeruh was as old as he was.

Also, the sword Jeruh uses is probably a different sword than the Phantom Slasher.

Plus Rhue is one chaotic, psychopath character. I doubt killing that guy would phase him much, especially since we know he would have killed many times before that.
Toolophile
Plyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 am

Well, Rhue spazzing out could be the auras sorting themselves out, I don't know. Dirk being a Shadow Sword wielder would be cool and could be the person the red haired woman in DE was referring to, unless she was referring to Rhue.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Toolophile » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:38 pm

Sling wrote:Well, Rhue spazzing out could be the auras sorting themselves out, I don't know. Dirk being a Shadow Sword wielder would be cool and could be the person the red haired woman in DE was referring to, unless she was referring to Rhue.

Well if you remember when Rhue lost his dominant aura killing Jeruh, it was almost a spontaneous procedure and Rhue was in Jeruh's shoes almost instantly.
Toolophile
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:08 pm

The problem is, the aura isnt chosen at random. From what we've seen with Rhue, whatever one would be easiest to manipulate into killing is chosen. At one point Rhue is Midian, on a quest to kill Jeruh. When Rhue/Midian kills Jeruh he has no more need to go around killing, and what do you know, the aura changes. Now its Jeruh, since hes on a quest to find Serena. And we all know what a bloodbath that was.

I'd say no to that due to the time it took rhue to get his sword back... Rhue loses his sword one time in the game, and that time, he drops everything to go get it. I doubt he'd let his sword go until Jeruh was as old as he was.

Whatever shadow sword Jeruh did have, he said he lost it soon after the Landorin Massacre, which could be Rhue taking it back if it was his sword. When they fight years later, Jeruh has a regular sword, and gets his ass kicked because of it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion