The Reaches ending has some awesome writing.

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Reaches ending has some awesome writing.

Postby Dr. Casey » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:34 pm

"I don't know what I was seeking. I don't know what I had hoped to find.

When you waste away to a point where there's nothing left, that's when you find truth. When the clouds of desire are swept away by the cleansing winds of suffering, that's when you see clearest.

But can you let go of all that you cherish? For everything will be destroyed. Both joy and despair. And even if you do this, will it save you?

No one knows. You will never find yourself. You can only create that which is to be yours. Why are you afraid? Because my hands are unsteady, and my mind is ill. I can't change. I don't know how.

My search for that which made me happy was in vain. Just as well. A moment of happiness isn't meaning. It feels shallow to me. But I don't know any other way."

Can we all agree that speech is the best thing ever? Yes, I'm sure we can. Now for the more controversial question... how much truth do you think these words contain?
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Re: The Reaches ending has some awesome writing.

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:29 am

Dr. Casey wrote:"I don't know what I was seeking. I don't know what I had hoped to find."

My feelings are that this refers to Rhue's search for Serena, even though a part of him knew it was pointless all along because she was dead.

Dr. Casey wrote:"When you waste away to a point where there's nothing left, that's when you find truth. When the clouds of desire are swept away by the cleansing winds of suffering, that's when you see clearest.

Sounds to me like Rhue's physical and mental ordeal through the series has stripped away his many layers of stolen souls to the core, where he is still 'Venge'. If you believe the Venge theory then that's the truth of what Rhue is underneath.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:40 am

I will be bitterly dissappointed if The Way fails to become anything less than a book AND a film series.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Rangi42 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:08 pm

I will not be satisfied until The Way has been popularized and commercialized on the same level as Harry Potter. Envision McDonalds plush toys of Dippy with every Happy Meal, thousands of badly-written stories about Rhue and Serena on FanFiction.net, and (finally!) a MMORPG Plunge system. (Yes, I do like Harry Potter; the books and films, at least.)
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Yeah ... for some reason I can only envision Hollywood casting ass clowns like Paul Walker as Rhue and Justin Timberlake in his first dramatic role since Alpha Dog as Traziun, with a "fresh and poppin'" soundtrack by J-Lo and T-Pain. Let's not bring McDonald's marketing campaigns into it - they failed to make The Phantom Menace less of a cinematic bowel movement.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:36 pm

You won't have to worry about any of that, Hollywood would never make a movie with this complex of a plot. At the very most it would be some obscure independant film. And it would probably be better because of it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 am

I think the worse possible fate you can wish on a creative property is that it become mainstream. Cult stuff rules, just look at Sheriff John Bunnell [Ret].
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion