Rhue for forerunner now???

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Rhue for forerunner now???

Postby trisabre » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi, I just finished The Way and managed to get all the endings but after watching the ending where traziun dies, because "Rhue" completed His purpose on The Way and realized the truth and has reached the "End of The Way" can he now be considered a forerunner, in the definition that is given for the term? Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
trisabre
Wanderer

Re: Rhue for forerunner now???

Postby War » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:26 pm

But that wasn't the end of the way, it just used to be. Also there are no such thing as forerunners.
Also who said Rhue completed his purpose. Its unknown as to what he might really be. So many questions left unsolved.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Well, you could say that he is a forerunner under the definition that the forerunners are the people that have traveled much farther down The Way than anyone else, and it is heavily implied he has traveled around The Way multiple times, which is much more than most people. But, no, I wouldn't call him a forerunner in the conventional sense.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:02 pm

I thought it was common knowledge that The Way is incomplete. Lun finished Rhue's story but it is far from over.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Kcrazy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm

But is Rhue's story really finished? Maybe his aura as rhue is solved but the man (presumably Venge) story is far from being over. We still have no idea exactly where he came from, who is past auras were, or what he's even going to do now that he realised is life is a lie. So maybe "Rhue's" auras story is over, but is whole story is far from being finished.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, I believe that what we've seen so far is the end of Rhue's story. What we haven't seen is the beginning. So linearly his story is over, but yes, there is still more to tell.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:27 am

Rhue's story is over. The story is finished. If Lun were to continue with Rhue he would have to write a whole new story. As Sage said, we haven't seen the beginning and Lun has thought about a new project about Dirk etc, thus going to the beginning of the story,
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Requiem » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:05 pm

Kcrazy wrote:But is Rhue's story really finished? Maybe his aura as rhue is solved but the man (presumably Venge) story is far from being over. We still have no idea exactly where he came from, who is past auras were, or what he's even going to do now that he realised is life is a lie. So maybe "Rhue's" auras story is over, but is whole story is far from being finished.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Rhue, that is, the body that eventually became Rhue, was originally one of the Illuminati wielding Lyn who went to fight the Lord Below. Venge was just presumably the first aura to be absorbed and take over that body when the Illuminati became corrupted.
Momento mori.
Requiem
Plyn

Postby Angel_OA » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Requiem wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure Rhue, that is, the body that eventually became Rhue, was originally one of the Illuminati wielding Lyn who went to fight the Lord Below. Venge was just presumably the first aura to be absorbed and take over that body when the Illuminati became corrupted.

I had a thought that maybe Venge WAS the Lord Below. He corrupts the Illuminati, they try to kill him but he owns them, absorbing all of their auras and becoming...something new.

I believe the widely believed theory is that Venge is the Lord Below's son that rose up against him though.
I've been out of the picture for about a year so could someone please update or correct me if I'm wrong?
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Requiem » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Angel_OA wrote:
I had a thought that maybe Venge WAS the Lord Below. He corrupts the Illuminati, they try to kill him but he owns them, absorbing all of their auras and becoming...something new.

I believe the widely believed theory is that Venge is the Lord Below's son that rose up against him though.
I've been out of the picture for about a year so could someone please update or correct me if I'm wrong?

No, no, listen. This is, of course, my own bag of theories and speculation (mostly), but here's how I'm thinking it went down.

Janwen's going to hell, pretty literally. A bunch of Illuminati are awoken and taken up by some seriously bad-enough dudes so they can go and kick the Lord Below's butt, restoring peace, order, and sunshine.

The Illuminati-Lyn, let's call them, hack n' slash their way through five-thousand and seventy-two floors of the Pits, murdering tons and tons of Lessers as they go along.

Now, as we were told in the game, all weapons have the ability to absorb auras. However, most can only absorb fragments. What makes Shadow Swords, and, I'm assuming, their predecessors, the Illuminati, so powerful, is the ability to absorb WHOLE auras.

BUT I further assume that the Illuminati don't INEVITABLY MENTALLY DESTROY THEIR WIELDERS like the Shadow Swords do, that being one big difference between 'em.
That is to say, while the Illuminati could absorb whole auras, the Shadow Swords would absorb whole auras WHILE weakening the owner's original ties to HIS SOUL.

Anyway, back on track.

On level five-thousand and seventy-three, the Illuminati-Lyn run into a miniboss called Venge. The Illuminati-Lyn who would eventually become Rhue tears Venge apart, and the Illuminati absorbs the vile creature's aura. The Lord Below is pretty pissed about having his son murdered, so he rushes out and the final boss music starts playing.

The Illuminati-Lyn are doing pretty good, and leave a nasty scar on the Lord Below's brow. The Lord Below, despite realizing how much of a total chick magnet scars can be, freaks out and unleashes his super-omega attack.

This shockwave, as we are told, "decimated the AURAS of all living creatures for miles and miles around." Notice how it says aura. Only the aura. Of living creatures. Not body, not soul, not mind, but aura. In this same shockwave, the Illuminati are corrupted into Shadow Swords.

NOW. These newly created, seriously bad-news Shadow Swords are, presumably, still in the hands of the now aura-less Illuminati-Lyn. With no more original aura of their own, and a Shadow Sword held tight in their fingers, guess what happens?

Oh yes, ALL the auras in those swords start vying for control of the body of their wielder. In the case of the Illuminati-Lyn now known as Eventually-Rhue, Venge was the big winner.

A similar thing likely happened to all the other Illuminati-Lyn, but let's assume the Lord Below was not a big time player and had only one son.
The other Illuminati-Lyn were likely now controlled by the auras of some fairly tough Lessers, but nothing the Lord Below would really care too much about. He probably either, A) Killed them, because they still looked exactly like the dudes that had just finished cutting him deep, or B) Sent them off to do some minor stuff that history cares not to recall.

BUT, let's say the Big El Bee had a soft spot for his son, Venge. Even though he was now in the form of the Evil One's most terrible enemy, the Lord Below could not bring himself to kill his own child. Rather, he banished his son to the Middle Way to do what he will. Venge's new appearance should let him blend in quite easily up there, he figures.

THE BEGINNING.

Wow, I just typed a lot. Forgive my mad rambling. Hopefully it's semi-coherent.
Last edited by Requiem on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Momento mori.
Requiem
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Regardless of whether its right or wrong, that was the most entertaining theory I've read in a long time.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Angel_OA » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:24 am

I second that!
In fact the idea of a Way movie sounds even more appealing if we got to see something like that.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:14 am

Heheh... The theory itself isn't as awesome as the way you tell it.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 am

-said John to Jesus.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Sat May 30, 2009 4:12 am

DDunit wrote:Although, would the movie be in real? Who would finance it? A big and nice brick wall in the way towards the way to make a movie out of The Way.

"The Way" movie shouldn't be so hard to produce. Just make some 3D backdrops, turn your actors into several Bruce Lee's so they can jump Plunge-style, and start filming!
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion