What just happened?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

What just happened?

Postby Dyluck » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:32 pm

Ok, I just finished episode 6 and I'm a little confused (though that doesn't sound like it's unusual).

The end was a bit too easy (I know there are alternate endings I should try to get now, though). The PS was far too easy, and "Arcturus" was pretty easy as well.

Ok, just a few questions...

"The Voice" that you hear while going up the tower, the one that tells you not to open the top door, and that the Phantom Slasher is Serena - what/who is that? Is "The Voice" just trying to stop you from learning the truth?

And my biggest question - are you trying to tell me that the girl I've spent 6 episodes trying to find; killing, maiming and destroying along the way, has been dead all along, and the thought that she was alive was just a figment of some traumatised guy's imagination!? And that I also am something he dreamed up to make himself feel better!?

What the hell!?!?! I must have more episodes and more answers!

Ok I have another question - if Rhue gains Auras and his personality changes - why, when he stabbed Slade, did he not gain his personality? We go inside Slade's mind and see the flashbacks, but that's all that seems to happen.

And how does the Dream Estrana come about? Why does Rhue go there? Is it inside the sword, and does he only go there when he is sleeping? I feel like I spent the entirety of episode 6 doing things that I did not understand, hoping for some resolution at the end, but then getting none.

*Goes back to reading through the 20-page long topics of theories*

Thankyou to anyone who takes the trouble to answer this lonely wanderer's questions.

P.S. (sorry one more question). When Cetsa and Kloe realise that they know each other - is this ever explained further? Or do they just have a glint of recognition and a flashback and that's it?
Dyluck
Wanderer

Re: What just happened?

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:29 pm

"The Voice" that you hear while going up the tower, the one that tells you not to open the top door, and that the Phantom Slasher is Serena - what/who is that? Is "The Voice" just trying to stop you from learning the truth?

Thats Rhue's sword/Phantom Slasher in a last ditch attempt to stop Rhue from learning the truth.

And my biggest question - are you trying to tell me that the girl I've spent 6 episodes trying to find; killing, maiming and destroying along the way, has been dead all along, and the thought that she was alive was just a figment of some traumatised guy's imagination!? And that I also am something he dreamed up to make himself feel better!?

Well.... yeah.

if Rhue gains Auras and his personality changes - why, when he stabbed Slade, did he not gain his personality? We go inside Slade's mind and see the flashbacks, but that's all that seems to happen.

Now we start branching into different theories about why certain auras are in control. What i believe is that the sword chooses this based on whatever one will best fit its goal, which seems to be killing people. For example, at one point Rhue is under the influence of Midian's aura, which was a good choice at the time for fulfilling said goal of killing, but once he finally accomplished his goal of killing Jeruh, he wasn't useful anymore, so therefor the aura switched to Jeruh, aka the Rhue we know and love, and as you know that lead to plenty of bloodshed.
As for Slade, that entire situation was unique, since it doesn't seem like Slade was even fully absorbed, but needless to say the sword didn't have a need to switch auras at the time.

And how does the Dream Estrana come about? Why does Rhue go there? Is it inside the sword, and does he only go there when he is sleeping? I feel like I spent the entirety of episode 6 doing things that I did not understand, hoping for some resolution at the end, but then getting none.

Thats one of the bigger mysteries of the game, most of which I don't even have real good theories about. For why it exists, the auras got to go somewhere I guess. For why its Estrana, my only guess is that by the time Rhue goes there such a high concentration of auras are from Estrana because of its recent destruction that it was an easy place to recreate. As for what makes Rhue go there, I haven't a clue. Might have something to do with what happened to him after being Injected with Jopaga's formula though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:58 am

Dyluck wrote:What the hell!?!?! I must have more episodes and more answers!

Lun purposefully made The Way like this. Rhue's story is finished and thus, we won't hear any for of that but whoever the hell Rhue actually is, as in the person who absorbed Jeruh's aura, his story has just begun afresh leaving that open. Lun did say if were to make some more games that they would be in the game's past and likely to revolve around a younger Dirk.

This has been said many times before, but yeah, that's it more or less.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Lun did say if were to make some more games that they would be in the game's past and likely to revolve around a younger Dirk.

I think that was actually Fwacho, and hes been known to be wrong occasionally FYI.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:06 am

I thought Lun confirmed it? Oh well nevermind. Fwacho isn't wrong, he just likes to deliberately lead people astray so we can spill forth multitudes of theories. Oh wait, I guess that makes him wrong.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion