Truth, beliefs, and theories of The Way [TheoryExtravaganza]

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Truth, beliefs, and theories of The Way [TheoryExtravaganza]

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:45 am

From what I can recall, the only evidence against The Girl being Serena is the fact that her aura appears to be an adult whereas every other aura absorbs appears the same age as the person was when they died.

There are two options:
The Girl is not Serena.
OR
The Girl is Serena, but something anomalous occured that affected her aura and/or the absoroption process.

Alternatively, since Jeruh was the one who killed Serena and Rhue was Jeruh's alter-ego and has all his artificially constructed fake memories, it is possible that when Rhue killed Jeruh and became 'Rhue' (as opposed to regular Jeruh) then the process also changed Serena's aura. I haven't seen any problems with this theory yet, but then again, I did only just come up with it right here and now.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Debacle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:21 pm

I don't know how much credibility we can put on sprites. But if we could put enough there's two things to consider:

Jeruh's sword color at the massacre is yellow and the Phantom Slasher is pink/light red - and there's no sign of the other murdered kids' auras on The City. (Well, they could have grown up the same way "Serena" did)

Serena's eyes were brown at Landorin, when The Girl's are a sort of greenish blue.

But still, the game points out a second time how innocent The Girl is. In the beginning of Ep.6 there is this scene were she comments taking Rhue from the streets and bring him to her home and he wonders who in the world would do that to a stranger.
I don't think Lun would put it there just for reinforcing personality traits. It has all the looks to be one of those not so obvious clues to be reflected upon.
Debacle
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 am

Well, one of the biggest problems, and most overlooked, with the whole theory is you have to be able to explain what Serena's aura is doing with Rhue to begin with. I've yet to hear a particularly believable theory on how that happened.

Also, from what little we here about the 'true' Serena from Lyrra, she sounds a lot less innocent than the girl does. Though this is certainly very objective, what do you all think?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby randomperson » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:03 am

Much as I love the irony of Rhue being with Serena all through the dinner party and not even realising it...It's honestly got too many flaws in it for me to consider it seriously.

I can't believe that Lun would let The Girl come across as such a nice and honest person when Lyrra basically depicted Serena as a manipulative little witch. And I still have yet to find a plausible theory on how her aura "aged".
randomperson
Plyn

Postby Debacle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 am

I too think Serena couldn't be The Girl for the various reasons mentioned, and that the Girl is a depiction of someone Lun knew.
There's the pair of broken heart pictures in her house and Kleunwrade (who should be Lun himself) and also all those comments inside the code.

Even that I think the innocence thing seems to be there for a purpose, the problem is that there isn't any strong enough plot purpose.
It could be considered as a clue for Serena (and it would be a very clever way of hinting it), but it requires a lot of surrounding imaginary evidence to get something actually solid.
Debacle
Plyn

Postby the fondler » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm

I've never been too much a follower of The Girl being Serena either. It just seems too obvious and a little too easy after all this mind numbing riddles that already frequent The Way.

And I just re-read the whole Venge = Rhue theories and yeah my whole Girl being Pre-Janwen theory does contradict it. Perhaps she could've been absorbed a little after Janwen's destruction before she even had a chance to hear of the calamity. But yeah..... no evidence really.
the fondler
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Of course, this raises the question on who The Girl actually is.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Kcrazy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:19 pm

The problem is that we'll never know, we speculate all we want but there is no clear answer. I mean the game has been out for how long, and really were not much closer to any answers then we were when it first came out.

Personally I've been trying to figure out who was "Mimic" before he killed Midian and who was he when he killed Traz's mother, if he did in fact kill Traz's mother but I think that pretty much accepted.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Debacle » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 pm

I considered this personality (the one to kill Traziun's mother) to be Aubuta, which Kalmar could have recognized when the Mimic attacked and his face was close enough.

But if Kalmar felt Ghost Horror's evil, (or was it Night Reaper? - well, I mean Traziun's sword) I wonder if he also felt the presence of Phantom Slasher at the Blood Lyn Base.
Debacle
Plyn

Postby Kcrazy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Debacle wrote:I considered this personality (the one to kill Traziun's mother) to be Aubuta, which Kalmar could have recognized when the Mimic attacked and his face was close enough.

But if Kalmar felt Ghost Horror's evil, (or was it Night Reaper? - well, I mean Traziun's sword) I wonder if he also felt the presence of Phantom Slasher at the Blood Lyn Base.

I don't think Aubuta was a personality of the mimic. But, I just wonder who would want to kill Kalmar's wife. It's probably the personality before the killer of Midian.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 am

Little side-note: the theory that Dirk was Chasta's lover has been raised. Offhand, I don't think that is true. (I'll let others argue that.) What about the possibility that Dirk is Chasta's father? I could see one obvious counterpoint - a lack of significant dialog between Dirk and Slade - but I can't remember if we ever see Dirk and Slade together, except at the E6 end credits. Thoughts?

Additional thought: could also attribute to Scatha's idea of men, seeing Dirk's attitude.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:09 am

I'd also say another obvious counterpoint would be the conversations between the two. Granted, both of them are pretty much insane, but you'd still think the way they talk to each other and what they say would be alittle different if Dirk was her father.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:51 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I'd also say another obvious counterpoint would be the conversations between the two. Granted, both of them are pretty much insane, but you'd still think the way they talk to each other and what they say would be alittle different if Dirk was her father.

Well how people 'should' react and interact with one another is a matter of opinion. Even given typical earth 'norms' we shouldn't neccessarily impose 'typical' social values onto such complex characters. However, saying that, whilst the idea is certainly interesting, I think it is unlikely that Dirk is Scatha's father, although it is certainly possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby parallel » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:32 am

Elachim wrote:Little side-note: the theory that Dirk was Chasta's lover has been raised. Offhand, I don't think that is true. (I'll let others argue that.) What about the possibility that Dirk is Chasta's father? I could see one obvious counterpoint - a lack of significant dialog between Dirk and Slade - but I can't remember if we ever see Dirk and Slade together, except at the E6 end credits. Thoughts?

Additional thought: could also attribute to Scatha's idea of men, seeing Dirk's attitude.

I really don't subscribe to the Dirk is Chasta's father/ lover therories. I simply think that in Dirk's quest to travel all 3 way's (which i'm SURE is referenced somewhere, just cannot think where, i think it might have been derived from his 'closest thing to a forerunner comment') he was travelling the lower way (aka. the pits) where he came across a young chasta who had been thrown there by her mother and he simply helped her for a while.

Extrapolating on this a it, i think during this time is where part of her resentment for men started to grow as she was alone bar Dirk, and was probably clinging to him for affection, but became jealous and resented him due to his habit of flirting with any girl he came across, so eventually left to wander on her own, got a mask and let her freaky facination with the pits grow... which also explains why he knew her as Chasta and not Scatha (AS hinted on his 'such a prety name' comment) and i also have a suspisin she changed it to the more sinisted sounding 'Scatha' after remembering Dirks affection for it.
parallel
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:30 pm

I dunno, I think Scatha could have gotten all the resentment to men she ever needed by being scarred by her mother, thrown into the pits, making it out at some point to find her old boyfriend/lover and then being scorned by him for being ugly. It fits all her rants in EP3 quite nicely.
I also feel if Scatha had any resentment toward Dirk she wouldn't have helped him out of his cell.

Also gotta keep in mind whatever the whole Dirk/Scatha story is, it also involves Eyashu and Tetzel in someway, so pretty much we really just need a Dirk story from Lun at this point.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion