Multiple Versions of "Normal" Ending?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Multiple Versions of "Normal" Ending?

Postby MAurelius28 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:40 am

Hello all,

I just saw the "normal" and "Lexus" endings and from reading this board I have a question. It is strongly implied in the comments on this board that in the "normal" ending Rhue and Kloe either get "hitched" as someone put it, or at least travel together. Well, in my ending at the scene with the river (the former end of the way) Rhue asks Kloe to give him some alone time, she walks off the left side of the screen, and that's the last you see her. In the credits, Rhue is walking alone, and he looks at and leaves the sword behind alone.

Am I just misinterpreting people's notes, or did I somehow get an alternate "No Kloe" version of the "normal" ending? I was always nice to her so I would assume the relationship points (or whatever they are called) are high or even maxed.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I have spent the last half hour looking for info on this in this section of the forum with no luck.

Thanks!

By the way, if anything deserves to be turned into a book series or like a good TV series (HBO or Showtime, the networks would ruin it) it's this. The ideas and story behind it are fresher than 90% of the commercial games that come out these days.
MAurelius28
Wanderer

Re: Multiple Versions of "Normal" Ending?

Postby War » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:23 am

There are small changes to the normal ending depending on what you do in the game. I believe you got one where you had a bad relationship with Kloe.

It is also different slightly if you lose to the phantom in the end game plunge.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby MAurelius28 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:33 am

Huh, that's weird, as I said I was always nice to her (I'm one of those players that just never chooses the jerk dialogue options in rpg's - I said she was my good friend or whatever in episode 5 when you have the option to say she's a friend or acquaintance or something like that). I guess I'll wait for Malefact to get to the ending on his Youtube walkthrough because going through the whole 25 hour game again to see 5 seconds of different ending seems a bit much.

There was one scene where you basically have to choose a favorite hair color and I chose brown to hep get the Lexus ending. Maybe choosing blond would have helped with Kloe.

Thanks for the information!

Edit: Just thought of this: is there some way to edit the relationship points in a savegame using a hex/text editor? Some games have options to do that, not sure if RPGMaker games can.
MAurelius28
Wanderer

Postby War » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 am

Yes it is possible, but you need RPGmaker 2000.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:21 pm

If your relationship with Kloe is really bad (-4 or less) he tells her to go away. If its in the middle (5 or less) you get the version you got. At 6 or higher you get the version where Kloe sticks around. That version gets extended even more if the Rhue variable is at least above 0, and then by a few more lines if you looked at Kloe's picture in EP2. Then if Rhue ends up alone in the final scene with the Ghost Horror its slightly different if you died against the Phantom Slasher. Also, if you turn puzzles off you automatically get the 6 or higher ending.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby MAurelius28 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:30 pm

That is a hilarious sig quote, Sage.

EDIT: Nevermind about the save file/RPGMaker code - I saw the turn puzzles off hint comment just now - dont' know how I missed it on first reading. Thanks Sage!

EDIT 2: I just got home and tried it out, what a simple fix, and I would have never tried it if you didn't let me know. The ending with Kloe's dialogue is much better in my opinion, but it is kinda funny how she just jumps from being all on Gaius to being all on Rhue. I guess you take what you can get on the Way. I wish that Cetsa didn't die at the end, though. It just sucked because she really redeemed herself and then bam, over. This game has a lot more thought, originality, and emotion that 90% of the commercial games released in the past few years. I don't know it that says something about Lun, or about the gaming industry.

I have one question and that is: Were all the characters in dream Estrana (the souls I guess) *IN* on it. Did they know the truth and just lead Rhue to discovering it? Actually, I have another question, how did Gaius know all that was going to happen in the sword and how it would lead Rhue to the conclusion of who he was? I mean, that was a pretty lucky guess, especially since he must then have also known the PS would fight against that.
MAurelius28
Wanderer

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion