Is it necessary for Jeruh and Lyrra's story to be true?

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Is it necessary for Jeruh and Lyrra's story to be true?

Postby theone » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Maybe it's a lie. What I find weird is Cetsa said she found the pendant near a river not in Landorin. But Serena never got thrown into the river. Plus she said she could not forgot what she saw that day
I also wonder why we should trust what the people in Dream Estrana said. They COULD be lying. And since Gaius knows what is happening, how do we know he isn't manipulating it for his own gain? And for a normal wanderer, he sure has a lot of time to help a guy he barely or even accepting his past history, knows as an aquaintance
theone
Wanderer

Re: Is it necessary for Jeruh and Lyrra's story to be true?

Postby Kcrazy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:01 pm

There's no reason for it to be a lie, and nothing to be gained covering it up.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby theone » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:46 am

Lyrra- The person who loves Rhue has every reason to lie
Considering that Mdian has always been up to something which is not revealed, his talk is hardly trustworthy
theone
Wanderer

Postby Kcrazy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:35 pm

Midian, Lyrra, and Jeruh all three confirmed the story and it's clear that Rhue's version isn't reliable, so theirs no one left to refute the story and no reason to believe it's a lie. And what made finding the pendant so re-memorable was the blood.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 am

What I find weird is Cetsa said she found the pendant near a river not in Landorin. But Serena never got thrown into the river. Plus she said she could not forgot what she saw that day

I thought this was very simple. None of the bodies of the Landorin Massacre were ever found. Cetsa found Serena's pendant near a river not near Landorin, along with something she could never forget. She probably found the pendant, and then very soon after found the washed up bodies of a bunch of slain children. Or even worse she found the children and took the pendant off one.

To be fair I'd want to watch that flashback between Kloe and Cetsa in EP5 again before committing to the theory 100%, that was them fighting over the pendant right?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Kcrazy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 am

Yeah they fought over it, mirroring them fighting over Rhue....other then that I don't remember anything from that flash back, but I agree with that theory.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby theone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:26 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
What I find weird is Cetsa said she found the pendant near a river not in Landorin. But Serena never got thrown into the river. Plus she said she could not forgot what she saw that day

I thought this was very simple. None of the bodies of the Landorin Massacre were ever found. Cetsa found Serena's pendant near a river not near Landorin, along with something she could never forget. She probably found the pendant, and then very soon after found the washed up bodies of a bunch of slain children. Or even worse she found the children and took the pendant off one.

To be fair I'd want to watch that flashback between Kloe and Cetsa in EP5 again before committing to the theory 100%, that was them fighting over the pendant right?

Except if Lyrra saw the deaths and they were killed with a normal sword (Jeruh never had the shadow sword) where did the bodies go?
And in the cut scene Serena does not fall in the river
theone
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Sorry, apparently I skipped over one of the points I was trying to make. In this theory after killing everyone and Lyrra run off Jeruh tosses the bodies off the cliff. Also Jeruh almost certainly had a shadow sword, why would you say he doesn't?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Kcrazy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Sorry, apparently I skipped over one of the points I was trying to make. In this theory after killing everyone and Lyrra run off Jeruh tosses the bodies off the cliff. Also Jeruh almost certainly had a shadow sword, why would you say he doesn't?

I always assumed he had a shadow sword, but is their any real proof that he did? The only thing I kinda remember Jeruh saying something along the lines that the sword urged him on, but I'm not certain of this.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby serpet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 pm

I do believe that during the scenes of the normal ending, the pendant is shown to fly off of Serena and land in the river as Jeruh hacks into her, so she didn't need to go into it herself, necessarily. I think the story is unambiguously true.

BTW, thx Sage, for saying that bit about the bodies washing up after it...I thought Cetsa's drama about the bloody pendant being "haunting" was really lame, and no explanation of what would have started her into a world of violence...seeing the waterlogged bodies of children would be much more bone-shattering. It also takes care of the problem of the missing bodies, I can't believe I didn't realize that. Perfect.
serpet
Wanderer

Postby theone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Oh well, I suppose so then.

Another question, Dream Estrana is in the sword, right?
theone
Wanderer

Postby Kcrazy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 pm

There isn't a clear answer but seems to be the most likely of answers. My big question on this topic is if auras absorbed by the phantom slasher go to Dream Estrana, what happens to the auras absorbed by Ghost Horror and Night Reaper. Do they have a similar dream world of their own or is the dream world unique to Rhue and his sword.

There's a little evidence to support that they each have their own dream world, as seen when Trazium kills Kalmar with Night Reaper, he seems to enters an abstract world where Traz interrogates Kalmar and finds out who really killed his mother.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby theone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Another question, why are a few characters in DE and not the others?
And a question I had which led me to create the topic, if Rhue is the PS, how do we always see the PS?
And if it is a manifestation of the sword, how does it have a sword when Rhue has the sword?
theone
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:23 am

I always assumed he had a shadow sword, but is their any real proof that he did? The only thing I kinda remember Jeruh saying something along the lines that the sword urged him on, but I'm not certain of this.

Well, its never explicitly stated, but Jeruh certainly implies the sword was getting him to do all the killing, and the sword certainly came from a suspicious enough place. The alternative is that Jeruh just completely snapped and went on a homicidal rampage with a random sword he doesn't know how to use, and succeeded. Unlikely to say the least. Also the game makes specific note that he loses the sword soon after, which wouldn't be important if it was a normal sword.

Another question, why are a few characters in DE and not the others?

Guess it depends what characters you're thinking of, but the answer is probably, they're there, Rhue just didn't encounter them.

And a question I had which led me to create the topic, if Rhue is the PS, how do we always see the PS?
And if it is a manifestation of the sword, how does it have a sword when Rhue has the sword?

I think the way it works is that the PS is a projection of the sword. I couldn't really give technical details about how it all works and who has the sword and all that, but it seems the PS can exist in a certain radius around the sword I guess.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby theone » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:01 am

A theory I have:
Can Rhue's sword be one of the Illuminati? It gains the aura and it also urges Rhue to try to destroy the other shadow sword in Episode 2
LOLS, I'm replaying for the 3rd time in 4 days
theone
Wanderer

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion