Plunge with a Black Man. (Is it spoilers? I dunno.)

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Plunge with a Black Man. (Is it spoilers? I dunno.)

Postby Forerunner » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:55 am

Ok, well I only just started, but right off at the start, I was checking all the cracks and doors for easter eggs and items, and I found some weird place with freaky music and you can choose to plunge with this shadowly looking guy.

Well, first of all, is it a secret easter-egg type thing?

Secondly am I supposed to be able to beat him right at the start? I mean, He does shit all damage to me, but I beat the shit out of him and I don't know if I even left a scratch. All I know is that his damage threshhold is insanely high, because I used a drop slash finisher, against his Cross slash or whatever, and he only got a lvl2 injury.

Thirdly, I figure that obviously his strategy is that he has insane hp and damage threshhold, and he just keeps increasing his critical hit %, so he's planning to outlast me until he gets critical hits almost 100% of the time.

Finally, is it just me (the plunge arena is very shadowly so it's hard to see him), or does his sprite seem a lot like Strata's.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:57 am

Theres 4 of them in the game, when you beat them all a door opens in the pits. Its for the pits ending.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 am

Oh... so thats a "yes you can beat him now", or a "No, you stupid retard, go find and battle some monsters first and absorb your notch items."
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:05 am

No, you stupid retard, go find and battle some monsters first and absorb your notch items.

Though one of them is really easy, cant remember which one.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Victor » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:28 am

I'd say it's a "yes, you can beat him now, if you get lucky or try for over an hour."

Personally, I beat him twice. I got lucky the first time I ran into him and beat him. Then after I restarted again, I tried fighting him and it took me over an hour to beat him again.

Since my save game seems to be bugged, if I have to restart again, I'll probably just wait until later on now that I know I didn't have to fight him that early.
Victor
Plyn

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM