HELP -> "Shoot arrow on hooded guy" mini-game (

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

HELP -> "Shoot arrow on hooded guy" mini-game (

Postby Exlor » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:58 pm

I'm having a problem with another mini-game. Its the game where you are in the abandoned theater stuck in the middle with spikes coming up in a pattern, the 'phantom of the opera' running around in circles trying to kill you with arrows, Gallagher who can throw arrows in the middle for me to use trying to kill the hooded guy.

How do you do this effectively? This is pretty hard. Out of a 100 arrows I can only make 5 or so hits. The speed of the arrows makes it difficult to anticipate the moment you have to shoot it. Also when I have hit three times the spike pattern starts to change in a more difficult pattern, I die. I admit I snuck a peak at Jabbo's faq about this sidequest. It does not explain a strategy how to solve this mini-game.

Can you guys help me and other ppl?
Exlor
Wanderer

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:40 am

Uh, yeah, good luck, this mini-game gave me tons of grief also. RM2K doesn't lend itself well to these action mini-games that depend so much on timing. Most of it's luck, though I hope someone else might have some shortcuts. I know I couldn't figure any.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Elocin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:01 am

I have yet to get it. I get up to 6 hits and then I die. The 4th or 5th pattern always gets me. =(

I tend to use the bottom set of arrows that Gallagher gives me. I also try to hit him on the side. It's not too difficult with the first two pattern sets, but once it gets to the third pattern (where the spikes go across the rows really fast), I like to stay on the gap under the lefthand side and wait for the phantom to go to the right hand side. And before he runs along the righthand side, I quickly run over the middle-right arrow and try to hit him. I dunno. It seems to be working with me. Of course, you have to time it right, and you'll probably get hit with a spike or two...

Now I need to figure out how to get him the last time...
Elocin
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:10 am

Hehehe this was the hardest minigame for me. Its essentially luck-based I feel. I usually went for his sides. X_x
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:16 am

okay I spent 3 hours on this one before I beat it (that blasted song is still going through my head.)

here's what I found helped the most. use the lowest arrow to shoot while the phatom is crossing low (sometimes an arrow coming from the left will hit you just before you should shoot. I actually used that to help my timing)

use the right most arrows to catch him while he's running up the right side.

use the top left arrow to shoot him while he running down. (and it's always worth the time to keep your arrows stocked and ready to go..

wow I typed that late the first time.
Last edited by fwacho on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Exlor » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:51 am

I'm sorry fwacho, but can you fix your spelling? I really can't read what you had typed in. :)
Exlor
Wanderer

Postby loke204 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:49 pm

where is this minigame at?
ive goten two endings, and ive done evreything that i can!!! is it in celestia's place or something?!?!
loke204
Plyn

Postby Terra » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:37 pm

loke204 wrote:where is this minigame at?
ive goten two endings, and ive done evreything that i can!!! is it in celestia's place or something?!?!

It's inside the Concert Hall (which you need to get inside Celestria's place to get the key to get inside of).
Terra
Plyn

Postby Belthazar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:14 pm

one of the most frustrating minigames but u will feel a lot better when its over.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Exlor » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:47 am

I'm sorry.... I still have trouble in this minigame. I've tried spending hours in this game, using the tips on this topic, but I still can't get passed 3 or 4 arrows..

What do you have to do after the pattern changes?
Exlor
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:57 pm

I just concentrate more on not getting hit myself then hitting him, it takes awhile, but i usually beat him in the end.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby dyyhpys » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:23 am

I found this minigame quite easy, and very fun...
:?
:shock:
It must have just be me...
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:56 am

This mini-game is tough. Took me a while to beat it. So many blasted tries... At like half of them I died after hitting him 6 times, and you need to hit him 7. :?
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:51 pm

Join the 1337er CH337ers. Use RPGM to turn off the spike damage. No worries!
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:11 pm

I gave up after I died the first time.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM