HELP -> "Shoot arrow on hooded guy" mini-game (

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:24 pm

Its a fun minigame, though takes a while to do. It took me millions of tries, but i can now kill him without dying. w00t. l33t. etc. etc. I am glad to say i never cheated. (although i tried, but i couldnt find the actual final map :x )
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby JLAF » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:17 pm

The first time I cheated, the second time I played for about three hours and then cheated. Clearly, this game wasn't made by lun at all but rather some inverted evil version of lun.
I'm not giving you my signature!
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:39 pm

You dirty the name of Lun!!! It is evident that Lun made it. Lun is such a genius he probably completed first try.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:20 pm

I for one don't think Lun would make a mini game THIS overly difficult. Perhaps YOU may believe that Lun was ignorant to it's difficulty, but I think Lun is just a bit, nay, MANY MANY TIMES smarter than that.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:36 pm

So you doubt Lun could create something that complicated? You shall repent heathen!!! Hya!!
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:35 pm

A fool can make something extremely complicated, it takes a genius to get it just complicated enough.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:49 pm

JLAF wrote:A fool can make something extremely complicated.

But that makes no logical sense.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:07 pm

Something complicated isn't nessissarily harder to make. What if it were just hitting a long patten of switches? It is indeed complicated for the player, but it's not much harder than copy & paste for the creator.
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:56 am

But this mini-game is far more complicated than that.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JLAF » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 pm

Look, my point is that the Lun is just too good a game maker to allow something in his game to be this overly hard, and Lun isn't the only one who can make complicated systems. (Even I can make complicated systems.) So clearly, this was not made by Lun because if it were this would have been much more fun. See how that works mister "Lun can't tell if a mini game is too hard?"
JLAF
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:05 am

JLAF wrote:Look, my point is that the Lun is just too good a game maker to allow something in his game to be this overly hard, and Lun isn't the only one who can make complicated systems. (Even I can make complicated systems.) So clearly, this was not made by Lun because if it were this would have been much more fun. See how that works mister "Lun can't tell if a mini game is too hard?"

But side-quests are supposed to be difficult. You evidently have never played any of the Final Fantasy games or never bothered with the side-quests.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:39 pm

I specifically remember Episode 6 being postponed so Lin could add in some hard sidequests.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby TheLostOne » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:04 pm

One strategy that helped me is once the patterns get too fast for me to avoid easily I stand on the safe square by the bottom switch and wait for him to cross on the left side and bottom. He waits a long time at the top before crossing and I always have trouble hitting him there.

I had the most luck with the bottom since he crosses pretty soon after getting to the bottom left corner.

I think the biggest thing that helped was not trying to rush it. Stand in the safe square, dodging arrows occasionally when necessary, and pick out which arrow you're going to use and in which direction. Then when he gets to that leg of the square, you're prepared.
TheLostOne
Wanderer

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:50 pm

...Please check the time the last post was posted before posting something else. And my strategy is to shoot the arrow on the bottom. That's the only place where I can hit him.

Is that better?
Last edited by MusashiEX on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby TheLostOne » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:49 pm

MusashiEX wrote:...Please check the last post before posting something else. And my strategy is to shoot the arrow on the bottom. That's the only place where I can hit him.

I'm not sure what you mean. I happened to have just finished this mini-game myself and I mentioned what I found helpful since most of this thread simply discussed the difficulty of it without any useful suggestions.

I've read the whole thread and I didn't repeat anything anyone else said, so what point are you trying to make?
TheLostOne
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM