Tips on the shadow plungers

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Tips on the shadow plungers

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:56 pm

I stood my ground when I fought them but it seems like I didn't stand long enough to kill them :\

First of all I restarted the game so I could absorb ALL the notch items. Any other suggestions? The one that uses Venshu and Fenshu alot I won't have a problem with but the one that almost always uses downpour...can you help me on?

And this thing about the shadows being Cetsa, Strata and some other, is this because they ARE them or just their sprites under all black?
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:15 pm

I thought one of the sprites looked like Scatha...
Doesn't mean anything, though. Lun laughs about it.

Hmmm... Find more notch items. I was able to beat just about every plunge very easily in a couple of passes, except for Kavax...
I beat every tournment plunge in one pass, killing them with a 4 Step Injury, and I thought the shadow people were only a little harder.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Terra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:13 am

Hm... if you want to be cheap, try to hit them with Ender as soon as you can. By itself it does some good damage, and the chance of doing 999 damage is ALWAYS welcome...
Terra
Plyn

Postby Asra » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:43 am

I've actually beaten Kavax with a 4th degree injury. It all really comes down to luck, but I defeated the Shadow Plunger you're talking about by outlasting them. Eventually is said something like "Plunge Maxed" or something and the plunger exploded/died. It was just after a finisher.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:56 am

:O it exploded? that never happened to me...

and 999 damage!?!?! wth? what cookies have you been eating!? I must get it now then!
Don't speak just die
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:28 pm

About the Plungers looking like people, I noticed one of them looked like Strata, and did the sword swinging too.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Kyle » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:10 pm

I also defeated both of those shadows with Ender, even though that was not my intention (was triggered at random). It's a 15% chance I believe. I wonder why they are considered "weaker" than Rhue o_O.

Note that I didn't have most of the stuff from the earlier episodes. No crippler blade art, which supposedly is the key to beating the self healing one. At least that's what I understand from the bookcases.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Silvercrow » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:39 pm

All of the plungers look like people: Scatha, Strata, Cetsa, Generic Headhunter.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

About the plungers...

Postby Valhariel » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:43 pm

All of the plungers look like people: Scatha, Strata, Cetsa, Generic Headhunter.

These are all people who were near Rhue but were never actually killed by him....maybe this could explain why only a part of them inhabit Rhue's sword....they were around him for so long that the sword absorbed a piece of their power so that it could help Rhue become stronger.....he does gain new Blade Arts after defeating them. Of course, this doesn't explain how Slade can be there when he isn't dead....but at the time Rhue goes inside the sword at the End of the Way, Slade is probably dead already, from jumping off the cliff....there's also the fact that he had Rhue's word embedded in his chest for a while, which seems like a good way to absorb someone's aura.
Valhariel
Wanderer

Postby AznChipmunk » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:22 pm

I did not use Crippler on the healing one. Just normal attacks and the finisher. That was the longest one...
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:08 am

How to beat the dwon pour one.... after trying fro 2 hours here's what I learned...

The trick is too weaken the shadow enoguh that you can do a risk attack on their first (more liekly second) finisher and injuryt 4 them (111 dmg did it for me)

I had lanner, and crippler, veshu, fenshu, destoryer in my pocket and had pinpoint linked at 75% ravager at 55% and double plug at 50%

my tatic was to tyr to injure the shadow early then when they tried their finisher I did a risk with ravager. and got my one hit one kill.

using duoble slot plug will cause the shado to try to unplgu (aka not use down pour) and you can do some dage that way. (alsmot won doign that but it's along hard battel requiring luck.
Teh first tatic is far better. rmerb F12 is your friedn once you've been finished for a thrid time.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:21 am

Val, may want to keep theories like that away from the help forum since they contain a ton of spoilers :)
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:33 pm

not really, I had kind of figured that out already after posting about Slade supposedly dying in the ep 6 discussion form. Plus alot of these things will be found out sooner or later
Don't speak just die
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:00 pm

But you're not the only one reading these forums :wink:
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM