the spikes in the concert hall

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

the spikes in the concert hall

Postby dahan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:35 am

I have tried and tried... to get past the spikes to get to the PS in the concert hall, but I cannot get acros before being killed and jhaving to start again!!

Can anyone help by using my saved game and enable me to get past this part so I can get to the side game that involves shooting the PS with arrows.

I would be grateful for any help given.
dahan
Wanderer

Postby Exlor » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:49 am

You probably mean those spikes that run circular.

Here's a trick I used: When you jump on a 9x9 grid where the spikes are running, RUN ALONG WITH THE SPIKES. If you circle the grid behind the spikes you'll stay safe for a while, because you should be as fast as the spikes I think, maybe even faster. Just run along with the spikes and time a good moment to jump to the next 9x9 grid, and quickly run along the pattern of the spikes. Btw: it's better to have the spikes in front of you then behind you.

If you follow this plan the only damage you'll receive is if you land on top of a spike, but that is acceptable.
Exlor
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:05 am

Keep trying nonstop. Theres no penalty from dying too many times unlike a few other minigames. So you can keep going without worrying. I'm pretty sure you should call it the "Phantom" though, due to how he dresses and the spiffyness.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby loke204 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:20 pm

where is this at?!?!
loke204
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:30 pm

The concert hall, after getting the key from Celestria's, which you can go to after Val Parra Cafe, which you can do after becoming grand champion. Yeah, its involved.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby loke204 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:33 pm

ugh...
one of these hours, im just gonna start up a new file, and just see if that one wont let me get into celestias.
loke204
Plyn

Postby Asra » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:49 pm

Alright...

Have you defeated Exmus in the arena championship? Have you then gone to the house of pnoe and talked to everyone? You should hear about Alan having tickets for you to the Val Parra Cafe. Then just go in his house and it should be on one of the tables. Click it and start that little mini-thing without getting kicked out.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby dahan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:46 am

Thanks for all the advice about these spikes. I have tried and tried for a couple of hours making use of the tips given, but I still cannot get across before being wiped out and having to start over. can anyone make use of my saved game and help me get past these annoying spikes.

I would grateful for any help given.
dahan
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:40 pm

If you really wanted one of us could just edit the save so you are on the other side of the spikes, but we'd need the save file.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby loke204 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:18 pm

hey! do you think you could do that and just flip the event switch for me?
loke204
Plyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:49 am

man if you are having trouble with the spikes NOW you'll have a hell of a time with the phantom XD
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:10 am

Miss Nothingness Highness wrote:man if you are having trouble with the spikes NOW you'll have a hell of a time with the phantom XD

:lol: ur evil... :twisted:
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby tgk » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:51 am

Miss Nothingness Highness wrote:man if you are having trouble with the spikes NOW you'll have a hell of a time with the phantom XD

If you do have lots of trouble at this bit, use this technique

1) notice that there is one safe spot in the battle with the phantom where you can stand.

2) of the six or so arrows thrown to you each "round", there is one to the top left where you can very easily aim true. Shoot that one arrow only, then scatter the rest of the arrow.

3) quickly flip the switches again to help "the guy who throws you arrows" throw you more arrows ;). You should remember the switch pattern after trial-and-error two, three times.
tgk
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:30 am

Ohhh you weren't talking about the Phantom X_x You could always just edit a walkway across the area and just walk across.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby dahan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:40 pm

how can a bridge (walkway) leading across to the phantom be edited into this game?
dahan
Wanderer

Next

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM