Boss...too damn hard!!! (bit of a spoiler)

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Boss...too damn hard!!! (bit of a spoiler)

Postby jlapointe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:14 am

I'm talking about the big demon you fight in the pits, after you've done all the shadow plunges.

How many friggin hitpoints does this guy have? I managed to take off at least 1800 once, having Lexus do Thorns of Passion three times (which was not easy!).

Maybe I'm just not a high enough level -- how strong were you guys when you beat him?
jlapointe
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:57 am

I'm sure this topic has been discussed countless time, God bless noobs, it brings back memories of when I used to do stuff like this. But anyway Gharon (the demon thing) has 7500HP or something like that. And I was pretty strong when I beat him. I used the Hattassar Transcendent: Shadow) as it gives the biggest attack bonus etc. I was around Lv.6 with that Aura and my stats were higher than the knee-length socks of a particularly tall giraffe, standing on hill, on a mountain, in the high-country and it still took me 3 attempts to kill it.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby jlapointe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:46 pm

Alright then, I'll just level up a bit.

And I did look through other topics before posting this, but I never found any mention of this boss :).
jlapointe
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby jlapointe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:41 am

Well the first one mostly discusses Midian's blades, and the second is about Gharon, whom I hadn't even encountered when I posted this.

But now that I am fighting Gharon, the first guy looks easy. Damn, I hope there are no more after this.
jlapointe
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:59 am

There are 2 bosses in the pits, Gaghn and Gharon, whereas there is only 1 in the tower, Arctura, plus a plunge with the PS. I haven't done the Lexus ending so I wouldn't know if there was any fights/plunges associated with it. There is also a secret boss called The Phantom (which is based on Lun himself). It is not actually a battle but you have to press switches in order to get arrows whilst avoiding moving spikes and the phantom's arrows and you have to shoot your arrows at the phantom as it moves around the map but it was so spasticatedly hard I never bothered retrying it after my first attempt.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Terra » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:24 pm

Sling wrote:I haven't done the Lexus ending so I wouldn't know if there was any fights/plunges associated with it.

Lexus' ending is basically the normal ending, except you'll get an extra scene after the Phantom Slasher plunge in which you choose whether or not to get the Lexus ending or the normal ending.
Terra
Plyn

Postby tgk » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:23 pm

I beat Gharon with a fairly underpowered party using this strategy

Suit Up!

Equip Rhue with a level 6 Illuminati aura, you don't need any other sword aura to be at level 6, just this one. Why? It gives you 4XL per turn. If you also have XL Retension +3, even better.

Equip Rhue with flows to prevent XL Seep and increase Will to as high as you can help it. The rest should go to preventing status effects. "Everything Small" is my recommended 2nd level flow.

Fight!

Rhue: XL Transfer to Lexus, do this non-stop unless you need to heal. Rhue is the designated healer of the group and Lexus's personal XL source. How does Rhue actually transfer XL to Lexus? Only the Lord Bellow can tell. Rhue should know at least Moderate Mass Mend and Revive 2 by now, and with his uber-enhanced Will, Moderate Mass Mend will heal up to 150 HP for everybody.

Lexus: Wellspring, Thorn of Passion, Thorn of Passion, Thorn of Passion... unless she needs to Careful Purge herself from status effects.

Slade: use the Civil Servant aura and become Lexus's secondary XL source. Lexus is a lusty young woman who won't be satisfied with just one man's XL! Slade should change to Civil Savior if there is an opportunity. Panacea and Revive may come in handy.

Sacrifa: Sacrifa is the secondary healer of the group. Draw non-stop, use the One-Elem-Trans Field at the start of the battle to dampen Gharon's magic attacks, heal and revive when necessary.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In short, the battle have Lexus standing in the front row fighting while three men hurdle behind her back healing themselves and powering her up.
tgk
Wanderer

Postby Asra » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:21 am

Sling wrote:There is also a secret boss called The Phantom (which is based on Lun himself).

Well untill Lun says whether or not its him thats just speculation.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:08 pm

Lexus' ending is basically the normal ending

Not really, the only similarity is it actually takes place back in the real world, unlike the pits ending.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Terra » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Lexus' ending is basically the normal ending

Not really, the only similarity is it actually takes place back in the real world, unlike the pits ending.

I meant that they're basically the same in the way that you activate them... as opposed to the Pits ending, in which you basically have to activate seven circles of hell during the fourth lunar phase of the moon while the solar system is in complete alignment...
Terra
Plyn

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM